Eden Hazard

the wes

Its true ! I even mentioned it to Mybodyisready ... He slated me for it. Hazard owned Bale in terms of performance. Big time. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep, very true. But to get that recognition he has to score dem goals. Sure, he can surpass the recognition Bale gets in due time, but it'll take time, if he adds goals it'll happen next year. Not only will he surpass Bale though, he'll surpass everyone in the EPL.

Even at Chelsea last year, Hazard had that blip in mid-season hence why Mata won POY, but to be honest, Mata had his fair share of average performances but in one magical moment every poor game he'd either bag a goal or make a key assist and next thing you know no one remembers his shite performance.

It's sad really, but goals seems like the be all and end all in terms of media recognition. Even this year, all of a sudden people start rating Luiz just cause he scored a couple screamers, when in fact those probably came during his poorest form of the year lol.

Yep, very true. But to get that recognition he has to score dem goals. Sure, he can surpass the recognition Bale gets in due time, but it'll take time, if he adds goals it'll happen next year. Not only will he surpass Bale though, he'll surpass everyone in the EPL.

Even at Chelsea last year, Hazard had that blip in mid-season hence why Mata won POY, but to be honest, Mata had his fair share of average performances but in one magical moment every poor game he'd either bag a goal or make a key assist and next thing you know no one remembers his shite performance.

It's sad really, but goals seems like the be all and end all in terms of media recognition. Even this year, all of a sudden people start rating Luiz just cause he scored a couple screamers, when in fact those probably came during his poorest form of the year lol.

This. So true, so obvious, and still no one cares to say it outloud (no one with a lot of audience). Incredible.

This. So true, so obvious, and still no one cares to say it outloud (no one with a lot of audience). Incredible.

I understand what you're saying. There was a time when scoring 20-30 goals a season was considered great, but Messi and Ronaldo scoring 50-60 a season has distorted things.

However I think there's a balance especially with somebody like Hazard. I don't want him to sacrifice his natural game but if he can score 15-25 goals a season then it would just be his natural progression as a footballer and not him becoming more selfish. He's too good not to score a decent amount of goals.

Hazard will score goals I see him as someone who could be a 20 goal 10-20 assist guy. I know 20-20 sounds crazy for just the 38 PL season but Hazard hasn't hit his peak.

He did 21 - 15 at the age of 20 in just 38 L1 matches. Not so far.

This year for his first BPL season, 9 goals 13 assists. And how many penalties did Lampard score, 4 or 5 ? If it had been Hazard taking them he'd have 13 goals 13 assists.

One can easy imagine he'll reach the 20-20 step pretty soon if he gets to take penalties and free kicks, maybe even 30-20 or vice versa, in a few years when he'll have fully matured.

I used the image in an article, but I suppose not everyone reads those, so I'm posting the charts in the players' thread for those who might be interested.

BOA3lm4CMAABYVs.png

The green and blue correspond the players's movement without the ball, the yellow corresponds to tackles, interceptions and prompt passes and the red ball possession