Eden Hazard

the wes

For me you are overdoing it with the Ronaldinho comparison.

In the brief time that Ronaldinho was top dog, that was probably the best I ever seen in my whole life!

Better then Messi and Ronaldo combine.

He was just epic and out of this world. If he would have hold that form for a couple of years, he could have easily been the best player ever of the history of this sport.

That being said, Hazard is good but nowhere near close the level that Ronaldinho was.

He was certainly the flashiest. True. Could get the ball past almost anyone in almost any situation.

Was he the most influential player ever to kick a ball? Definitely not.

What he could do single handedly maybe noone ever could but football is a team effort and I'd say players like Zidane brought more to a team than ronaldinho could ever dream of.

Besides he was known to choose games and to perform below his best in others.

That's just my opinion though.

We're gonna have a golden age for offensive players in the years to come.

These four will be a joy to watch, but in their generation there's still Oscar, Lucas, KDB, Reus, Alcantara, Rodriguez, Balotelli, El Sharaawy, Wilshere, Shaqiri and Thauvin who can truely become worldclass.

He has looked good at the U20 World Cup. Think he lacks the pace to really take advantage of his technical skills but still a very good player.

He has looked good at the U20 World Cup. Think he lacks the pace to really take advantage of his technical skills but still a very good player.

I've been following Thauvin since he has signed for the LOSC in january and directly loaned to Bastia for the remaining of the season. He's a bit of a prick and has to be more humble if he wants to reach top level but he definitely has it in him, potentially speaking. He's not as fast as Hazard or Walcott true, but he's not so mediocre in that aspect that it would compromise his ability to become an excellent player. Juan Mata, Oscar, James Rodriguez or Gaitan don't run faster.

I really think he's gonna be in French senior squad pretty soon along with Pogba, Digne and Kondogbia. In terms of pure dribbling skills he's maradonesque. He has a great vision also, and a resentless will to provoke and create danger that make him extra-hard to defend for the opponents.

Yep. Almost like-for-like technique with how they choose to pass the ball and cross. Both equally adept to playing out wide or through the centre and adjust their play accordingly. Both like a little rabona here and there. Both have this incredible way of getting the ball to dip after shooting it quite high making it really difficult for the keeper to save.

Here's Ronaldinho at a similar age I believe to what Hazard is now. Play just like eachother. (Edit: Actually, Hazard is a lot less selfish. So not quite the same.)

He is very similar to Hazard in this video; Ronaldinho seemed to favor pace back then, he became a more axial, more "playmaking" later, maybe that's how Hazard will evolve himself... Wenger once said that Hazard will end up in the center of the pitch later in his career.

In the brief time that Ronaldinho was top dog, that was probably the best I ever seen in my whole life!

He was just epic and out of this world. If he would have hold that form for a couple of years, he could have easily been the best player ever of the history of this sport.

That being said, Hazard is good but nowhere near close the level that Ronaldinho was.

Totally agree.

And I would say the same of Zidane. In his best moments he was better than both Messi and Ronaldo. Won't be easy to see such players come along again for long.

Ronaldinho and Zidane were a class apart they practically had and did everything and football actually flowed in their veins when they played. Hazard for me will be top two in his generation. As for Neymar? I think lucas moura can be better than him because lucas is a natural athlete (stronger,more energy,more powerful shot, more speed, more direct play, also very skillful) goetze and co. Will be no where near hazards level in a few years time. Oscar could be up there but he is a very different type of player so they can't be compared.

That being said, Hazard is good but nowhere near close the level that Ronaldinho was

Indeed, you're right. However, Hazard is still very young, while the Ronaldinho you're talking about was at his best when playing for FC Barcelona...

The same applies for Zidane, of course very good when young, but as his best at Real Madrid.

You can't expect from a 20-year old to be as good as those legends...

Ronaldinho and Zidane were a class apart they practically had and did everything and football actually flowed in their veins when they played. Hazard for me will be top two in his generation. As for Neymar? I think lucas moura can be better than him because lucas is a natural athlete (stronger,more energy,more powerful shot, more speed, more direct play, also very skillful) goetze and co. Will be no where near hazards level in a few years time. Oscar could be up there but he is a very different type of player so they can't be compared.

I dont think so.

Both Neymar and hazard are potential world best players for their generation.

Neymar has football skills in his veins at the level of ronaldinho at that age, in no way is lucas moura near neymars potential. The only thing neymar lacks is strength, which he can develop on, but the skills he has, only ronaldinho and ronaldo were brazilians at that level at age 21.

Lucas moura is at the level of gotze and isco and the rest that will fall behind both neymar and hazard for world best players.

I dont think so.

Both Neymar and hazard are potential world best players for their generation.

Neymar has football skills in his veins at the level of ronaldinho at that age, in no way is lucas moura near neymars potential. The only thing neymar lacks is strength, which he can develop on, but the skills he has, only ronaldinho and ronaldo were brazilians at that level at age 21.

Lucas moura is at the level of gotze and isco and the rest that will fall behind both neymar and hazard for world best players.

IMO, Gotze is up there with Hazard and Neymar in terms of potential