Eden Hazard

the wes

Eden Hazard he dives when he wants. :dance: :dance:Actually is good to have a diver in the team because it massively nervs out the other team and also dives sometimes win penalties so its win-win. :dance: :dance:

I wouldnt call him a diver actually... He tries to stay on his feet 90% of the time, the other 10% he might goe down easily but never a real dive, there has always been a contact when he falls!

Even the Touré incident in the supercup where every City fan shouted for a dive, even some Chelsea fans overhere called it a dive. After all it wasnt a dive right?!

He is known in France for his FairPlay & appreciated because he never dived!!

But in the EPL the referees obviously dont like to blow their whistles for a pen kick...

Eden Hazard he dives when he wants. :dance: :dance:Actually is good to have a diver in the team because it massively nervs out the other team and also dives sometimes win penalties so its win-win. :dance: :dance:

He simply doesn't dive. Stupid EPL refs made him looks like a diver. FACT.

he needs to be more selfish and arrogant, try to distinguish himself from the other players like Ronaldo

Wow, couldnt disagree more. Its the last thing i want in Chelsea, a player that will look like he's playing in a different team. I can honestly say that i dont want Ronaldo here even if we can get him for free (and i dont hate him or something, rate him very much).

But, i do agree that he can be a bit more selfish. Shoot more, taking players on a bit more..

Great game today, could have had four assists today if torres and mata scored their one on ones, or the ref gave our penalties.

Had a few quiet games and i'm glad he's exploded again especially in the 2nd half.

Brilliant peformance

I'm sorry to say but I'm still not completely sold on Hazard. He's a good player and all but still I don't think he's all that great. I would like to see Marin played in his place and see how it goes. Also Hazard needs to stop falling to the ground everytime someone touches him.

Hazard hasn't performed at his best yet at all. Do remember this is his first season in an elite league. We've still got the best to see from him. Right now we're seeing an average Hazard who's still very good, but there are a couple of games where he's out of this world. He's gonna treat us to them sort of games very soon. Just wait!

His form has returned to normal after those brilliant first few games. As expected. He is very young and this is his first season in the EPL. Anyway its annoying to see Hazard is suffering from 'Suarez syndrome'. He is being disallowed clear cut penalties because of this perception of diving, which he clearly isn't.

Starts (7)

Wigan (away)

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

QPR (away)

Stoke (home)

Arsenal (away)

Norwich (home)

Assists (4)

Pass to Ivanovic (Wigan)

Pass to Cahill (Reading)

Layoff to Ivanovic (Reading

Backheel to Torres (Newcastle)

Goals (2)

Penalty against Newcastle (won by Torres)

One one with the Keeper against Norwich (pass from Mata)

Penalties won (2)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Wigan)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Reading)

MOTM (3)

v Wigan

v Reading

v Newcastle

Does he have any other MOTM awards?

I must say I am actually stunned when people say stuff like 'Hazard isn't all that great' or even 'I want to see Marin play in his place'. :fainthv9:

Do you even watch the games? Do you see the stats on that guy (passes, assists)? Do you notice the dynamics and threat he brings to the pitch? Do you see the creativity he and Mata generate together?

I wonder what you expect then from a 21 year old newbie? I don't see how he could have done better? Oscar has faded out more regularly in games though he has been brought more sparingly and I don't see people nagging about that, for example (this does NOT imply he is not a world class talent, mind you!)

I get a feeling this is just being overly critical and Hazard deserves more respect. I will get back to this post at the end of the season. We'll see about it then. Fuck this. :wank2:

Calm down Sting :D

One of the biggest doubters on this forum has turned 180° on his first opinion... This one will do the same. Just a matter of time ;)

You can see that the "genius 3" + Torres are gellin together, match after match they will get better. They are gettin to know where to expect the ball or where to be expected for that trough ball, where to make space for a teammate etc... They also know these players will make the keypass, so they actually make the effort to run in that hole!

We were all jerkin off on Mata's trough ball on Hazard (and with good reason!), but Hazard gave 2 great trough balls himself to Torres & Mata! but to get an assist they have to score obviously...

Marin is a good player but he is very injury prone, thats why his price was so low. He got to get fit first to be a sub, & then were not even talkin bout a start... But he will get his time if you see the calendar after the international break... It's all about big matches there, so all players need to be fit!

4 assists, 2 penalties won & 2 goals in 7 games!! I can't really see why someone would be dissapointed by his performance in a new team/league!

Also keep in mind that those records could easily been higher if the referees (3 clear penalties denied) and his teammates (great 'should be' assist passes without a goal to follow) would helped a little!

Remember he's discovering a whole new competition which is clearly way higher than the one he came from + he has to find his spot around 10 totally new teammates.

I've been following him for a long time now. One thing that undoubtedly goes like a red line through his career is his absolute talent and football intelligence!

At the -19 belgium national squad hazard was the key player who really went for a 'walk in the park' every single game! This means he really played with the defenders, dribbling 4-5... or dribbling a guy and let him come back, just for the fun of dribbling him again. He scored a lot of goals & gave a serious amount of assists in that team. Conclusion... Eden was simply way too good for both his teammates and the opposition => free role

At Lille, he was introduced in the first team with a goal in his debut game & a game winning performance a few games later in the League cup against league leaders & eternal french champions Lyon (he scored an amazing goals that game and also gave both assist to win 3-2!). This was one of the first times Hazard played with the 1st team (maybe even his first game as a starter?). Look at the confidence that this 18(!!!) year old boy brings on the pitch. The commentators really couldn't believe it... "He's incredible... he simply is incredible this young lad"

With a debut performance like this, Eden continued his great form game by game. Every game he became more and more important for the team (as an 18 year old kid!!). He quickly found his spot in the team... and because he's blessed with such amazing talent, soon Lille's manager also gave him the free role in his team. Both at Lille and the Belgium National under19 squad Eden was the only playmaker. He was free to run across the pitch (left, right, deep, low,...) and come to pick up the ball at anytime/anyplace. Take the time to watch some of his games on youtube (channel EdenHazard10i makes amazing Eden Hazard VS team X almost every single game the last two years!). You will see Eden running around the pitch and being a very active playmaker.. owning the pitch and displaying his amazing technique. Because of his clear talent he decided a lot of games with goals and assists... also he clearly made his teammates around him play a lot better!

At the Belgium national 1st team... the story was a little more difficult. Eden came (as the Lille and under 19 team STAR player) in a team with a lot of star players. He didn't get the free role in the team and had to stay in his position (started as a winger... at the moment he is also used as the n° 10). This was clearly a big adjustment for this 20 year old boy... who probably always have been the best player BY far on every pitch he played on. Also because the belgian fans & media(!!!) expected TOO much of their new idol... Eden heads off for a difficult start. Luckily by this time, Eden has found his place in the squad!

At Chelsea... I was a little bit afraid that the national squad scenario would repeat itself. Eden clearly is not the only big star player in the team anymore ... so he needed to adapt himself to this situation. For the record I really think this is difficult for ANY star player who leaves his former 'small' team and gets surrounded by many other big names. So I really wouldn't blame Eden for a second if it showed he needed time to adapt at Chelsea.

But look at his performances now. Clearly adapted himself amazingly well in the star team! Plays 100% the team (instead of his former teams playing for him) but still finds the moments to shine when needed! OH YES you didn't see him dribble 5 guys in a row... and toying with the defense game after game... But why would he?

And make no mistake... he clearly can if he wanted! But Eden just wants to stay low profile at the moment. I couldn't blame him at all with these assists/goals/MOTM records!!

Also don't forget that in a team with Mata & Oscar... Chelsea now have 3 playmakers. The way Mata plays is actually very similar to the way Eden played at Lille. With Mata (& Oscar) on his side... Hazard hasn't got the space he had at Lille anymore and thus has to play very differently!

So my conclusion:

Did we see the real Eden Hazard at Chelsea: at the moment we didn't. But I cannot really say I don't like his new role...

Will we see the creative Eden soon: all depends on the space he will get. At the moment his creativity is limited because of Mata/Oscar & Eden doesn't put a lot of risk in his game.

Do we have the best and most creative midfield with Eden/Mata & Oscar: Hell yes!!! The link up play with these 3 looks brilliant! What a future we have!!

The difference between last year and this year is out of this world!! The creative midfield we were shouting for has clearly arrived! The future looks blue!!!

KTBFHH :blue scalf:

Well, if he's desperate to join Madrid next time, how are we gonna stop him from doing that then? Even Fergie sold Ronaldo for big bucks to them when he wanted to go there.

Roman >>> The Glazers

Fergie's opinion on the sale ("I wouldn't sell them [Real Madrid] a virus") was disregarded.