David Luiz

the wes

Can we just agree that David Luiz can almost certainly do more keepy-uppies than Kompany? John Terry's inability to score goals from from 30 yards out are the reason he'll never make it here. He spent too much time focusing on that boring defending, plus his online presence is shit and I never see him stick his tongue out in a funny manner.

No problem dudes. I am biased as fuck anyway when it comes to Kompany. Love that guy tbh.

Me too. Reminds me of Desailly and Terry.
David Luiz could be a great defender but he's just a poor copy of Lebouef in a wig right now.

No problem dudes. I am biased as fuck anyway when it comes to Kompany. Love that guy tbh.

Yeah I'm a big fan too, the complete defender IMO, shame he's toned it down so much technically - he doesn't need to show that side of his game anymore anyway since he's got a proper footballing team ahead of him at City.

Can we just agree that David Luiz can almost certainly do more keepy-uppies than Kompany? John Terry's inability to score goals from from 30 yards out are the reason he'll never make it here. He spent too much time focusing on that boring defending, plus his online presence is shit and I never see him stick his tongue out in a funny manner.

Hahahahaha don't diss the Selfie King, mate!

tumblr_mvfq76b4Mz1svcidyo1_500.gif

:lol:

Don't get me wrong. I love Kompany too. I think he's a very good person, not just footballer. His interviews and tweets are always very well put and level-headed. I would absolutely love to have him at Chelsea.

Here's the other thing about Kompany and Luiz....we'd swap Luiz for Kompany in an instant. City wouldn't.

Kompany is the type of defender we could maybe bring Kalas into the team alongside, and he'd be our captain. Luiz is the type of defender we need to play alongside Terry.

Here's the other thing about Kompany and Luiz....we'd swap Luiz for Kompany in an instant. City wouldn't.

Kompany is the type of defender we could maybe bring Kalas into the team alongside, and he'd be our captain. Luiz is the type of defender we need to play alongside Terry.

That's very subjective. It really depends on the system and other players around. He looks more assertive and has been better than Silva for Brazil for example.

Reckon that he will have a real easy time adapting to Barcelona because technique, esp passing is the #1 skill in their system. Luiz is without a doubt the best cb when it comes to passing, which explains why barca want him.

He will be massive for them unfortunately. His ability to play in the midfield will also help their system. They could regain their top form with luiz spec once messi is back to form.

That's very true. But last season, you wouldn't find anyone here who would have traded Luiz who was one of our best players for Kompany who had a sub-par season. In fact, many fans, yourself included IIRC, wanted David as our next captain last season.

Luiz and Kompany are very different types of defenders. What they do have in common, though, is that both are capable of being world-class and have showed so, and both have been inconsistent in their time in England and are capable of being absolute liabilities at times.

Luiz is the much much better footballer and obviously he offers so much more going forward. He can be very important to any team with his ability to bring the ball forward and efficiently give an extra man in midfield when needed. He's also a defender who likes to play 1vs1 and intercept attacks before they become a real threat. Kompany, on the other hand, is more of a typical English "no-nonsense" CB. Physically he's stronger than David, but I think mentally as well. Kompany is natural leader and organizer of the defense. Something we have been sorely missing when JT is absent.

The comparisons that are being made at the moment are largely unfair because one is in pretty good form (despite the injury) and the other is in terrible form. It would have been very difficult during the second half of last season to find anyone, even a City fan, who believed that Kompany was better than Luiz.

Kompany has set the precedent as the best CB in the league for a long while. I don't think you would of find much City fans saying Luiz is better at all. While Luiz was quality last season at times, Kompany has been consistent in almost every game and rarely makes mistakes. I agree with the comparisons but I think if you asked most people who is the better defender, even from last season you would get Kompany more often than not. While Luiz is a better player on the ball, Kompany is a very good ball playing CB as well.

Kompany has set the precedent as the best CB in the league for a long while. I don't think you would of find much City fans saying Luiz is better at all. While Luiz was quality last season at times, Kompany has been consistent in almost every game and rarely makes mistakes. I agree with the comparisons but I think if you asked most people who is the better defender, even from last season you would get Kompany more often than not. While Luiz is a better player on the ball, Kompany is a very good ball playing CB as well.

Kompany had a rather inconsistent season last year and was part of City's defensive issues. The general consensus was that Luiz was the better of the two last season especially in the second half.

Well I think the most telling stat on Luiz is that the worlds best manager is picking Gary Cahill as a defender instead of him and we all know what many on the forum think of Cahill ,so where does that leave Luiz?

How many times does it have to be said that Luiz has been injured?

"David Luiz is the best CB when it comes to passing." - I believe this is the most frequent myth on this forum. It's BS. No way you would think that if he didn't play for Chelsea.

It's just a stupid thing to say. It is the same as if I said - "Mata is the best corner taker in the world."

And when we're speaking of Kompany, watch this.

And there's the other myth - "David Luiz is the best CB in the world when it comes to technique."

Luiz is not the only defender with amazing technique and with ability to intercept.

It is funny that your biggest arguments for Luiz are basically myths.