David Luiz

the wes

Did well ,his focus should be , we need to keep a clean sheet today or concede just one ,not I want to nick balls that are 50/50 or beat a player and hit a 50 yard pass or score from a 30 yard free kick .

I feel that once he focuses on basic defending and playing the percentages his natural ability will come through with the confidence not conceding silly goals will bring,even stay off freekicks for a bit and just concentrate on defending,make it the priority not all the flash stuff as that will come off once the defending is right . I think we saw the start of that yesterday ,Jose will sort him out and make him the player he should be , I am confident that will happen for Chelsea .

Today, I read Luiz may be a part of Higuain deal. Well, not sure how reliable these stories are, but I personally feel Luiz is not what Jose is looking for. Just on Wendesday, Jose was yelling at him not to hoof the ball at the end of that game. Clearly, Jose has not much trust in Luiz, I feel. For some, he may be a good player, but for Jose, he is not. Luiz makes too many childish decisions, I feel.

As pointed above, cash in on him.

yeah I noticed that too, which is very ironic.

He was clearly trying very hard to play simple, like a "proper" English CB - you know only the English know how to produce world class CBs according to this thread. Obviously having the "right mentality" - stoic and composed - entitle all Englishmen to play fantastic football.

Do people actually believe Chelsea thought he was a different type of player when they bought him? 21M plus Matic for his potential at 24/25? WTF?! Chelsea knew exactly what they were getting.

Agree he should leave though.

He was clearly trying very hard to play simple, like a "proper" English CB - you know only the English know how to produce world class CBs according to this thread. Obviously having the "right mentality" - stoic and composed - entitle all Englishmen to play fantastic football.

Do people actually believe Chelsea thought he was a different type of player when they bought him? 21M plus Matic for his potential at 24/25? WTF?! Chelsea knew exactly what they were getting.

Funny, just yesterday if I am not mistaken you wrote to play him as AM. Today, you agree to ship him out ?

I believe, he is very talented player. It´s just not for Jose´s style of a defense-man.

As for that deal of him & Matic, another bombastic dealings by Chelsea, I feel. Oh well, what else is new ?

Funny, just yesterday if I am not mistaken you wrote to play him as AM. Today, you agree to ship him out ?

I believe, he is very talented player. It´s just not for Jose´s style of a defense-man.

As for that deal of him & Matic, another bombastic dealings by Chelsea, I feel. Oh well, what else is new ?

well what I think does not matter that much does it? I just think Luiz cannot win at Chelsea with too many things going against him.

Yeah Matic leaving was a mistake, but don't worry about the money on Luiz; I feel we will make it all back as his style of play does suit other (than Jose's) systems just fine-some of them more than fine.

well what I think does not matter that much does it? I just think Luiz cannot win at Chelsea with too many things going against him.

Yeah Matic leaving was a mistake, but don't worry about the money on Luiz; I feel we will make it all back as his style of play does suit other (than Jose's) systems just fine-some of them more than fine.

Yes, he will be hoofing the ball somewhere else.

Do we? This is Chelsea we are talking about, the Chelsea that signed Torres for £50m instead of Aguero for £38m, the same Chelsea that sign 6 top class attacking midfielders while leaving the team with 3 useless strikers that can't get into the worse teams in the league. So I doubt Chelsea knew what they were doing

The number of interceptions Luiz makes is criminally underrated. He plays a vital part in the quick transitions and speed of our play

I don't think it's underrated at all. Everyone knows about this aspect of Luiz's game. It's the best of him. He can read a play beautifully Intercepting a pass and turning it the other way. There are just a lot of negatives with the rest Luiz's game when he's off like he has been much of this year (poor in the air, too many silly mistakes, poor positioning, inefficient passing, inefficient shooting).

We can rely on him.

What you are saying, him living up to his potential and that he isnt consistant is just imaginary stuff.

He's been dropped TWICE this season.

Consistency... How many in our squad are as consistant as you wish Luiz would be? And when/how isnt Luiz consistant enough?

John Terry, Azpi and Ramires are consistent. Then you've got Hazard, Mikel, Cech, Oscar, Willian and Ivanovic who are fairly consistent (plus Mikel in a 433). Under that you've got our strikers and Luiz.

Today, I read Luiz may be a part of Higuain deal. Well, not sure how reliable these stories are, but I personally feel Luiz is not what Jose is looking for. Just on Wendesday, Jose was yelling at him not to hoof the ball at the end of that game. Clearly, Jose has not much trust in Luiz, I feel. For some, he may be a good player, but for Jose, he is not. Luiz makes too many childish decisions, I feel.

As pointed above, cash in on him.

What Wednesday? You shouldn't be spreading Twitter rumors, I feel.

Do we? This is Chelsea we are talking about, the Chelsea that signed Torres for £50m instead of Aguero for £38m, the same Chelsea that sign 6 top class attacking midfielders while leaving the team with 3 useless strikers that can't get into the worse teams in the league. So I doubt Chelsea knew what they were doing

not talking about success or quality here, but styles, characteristics.

It's like buying a Lamborghini and expecting the low upkeep of a honda.

My point remains his characteristics have not changed one bit, and Brazil is absolutely fine with that. Just like others would be, hence his current valuation. That's why the comparison makes no sense - try and sell Torres for 50m right now... remember Matic was worth what 5m then? That has nothing to do with Luiz.

Again, there are many systems in football. Jose's isn't the only one, nor is it the best one according to many, myself included.

Consistency is relative to the system and how well the players and their characteristics work in that system. People talking about consistency ignore the atrocious games the duo Gary and Terry had, conceding 2-3 goals per game.

I don't think it's underrated at all. Everyone knows about this aspect of Luiz's game. It's the best of him. He can read a play beautifully Intercepting a pass and turning it the other way. There are just a lot of negatives with the rest Luiz's game when he's off like he has been much of this year (poor in the air, too many silly mistakes, poor positioning, inefficient passing, inefficient shooting).

We all know luiz has his mistakes. We know he can make some like against cardiff. But its not like he does that in every match he plays.

We have a problem of breaking down teams that sit deep. Because our central midfielders dont know how to send a long pass, we need luiz against the smaller teams

Dont you notice how the movement of our attacking four gets better when luiz is on the ball since they know he can easily find them with a long pass??

These smaller teams sit deep and allow our center backs to hold the ball so if luiz doesnt play, we watch a borefest of terry and cahill pass to each other and then to ivanovic all game.

The positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion, especially when we are comparing them to the other option we have which is cahill.

not talking about success or quality here, but styles, characteristics.

It's like buying a Lamborghini and expecting the low upkeep of a honda.

My point remains his characteristics have not changed one bit, and Brazil is absolutely fine with that. Just like others would be, hence his current valuation. That's why the comparison makes no sense - try and sell Torres for 50m right now... remember Matic was worth what 5m then? That has nothing to do with Luiz.

Again, there are many systems in football. Jose's isn't the only one, nor is it the best one according to many, myself included.

Consistency is relative to the system and how well the players and their characteristics work in that system. People talking about consistency ignore the atrocious games the duo Gary and Terry had, conceding 2-3 goals per game.

Kind of agree with you but for the last part, no one is defending Cahill and many people wanted Terry out toward the end of last season. It all happens with time and what these players do with it. For example no one would say a single bad thing about Torres after that City game, but now we all know it is all just a fluke again. Many people are criticizing Luiz atm because he is not playing well and had far more negative periods(playing badly) in the past than good ones. For example I am sure if he scores the winner on Sunday no one would say A SINGLE BAD thing about Luiz even if he scores 2 own goals. The positive always outweigh the negative. But for Luiz, there isn't really positive to talk about. The one main thing that kept some people off his back: his goals have also dried up meaning he hardly contribute to the team atm.

That is why even legends like Cole and Lampard are being questioned atm, because they aren't playing well at all. So no matter how consistency or how good a player have been in the past, it is the present that count. That is why all the talk of potential is annoying.

Lamps and cole are being measured against their younger versions.

David is being measured against the player he never was, nor will be.

Goals were never really part of his repertoire, technical ability spec passing is. If his assets are deemed unimportant then yeah he should be sold.

I can't wait until him and Mata become great players at other teams; they deserve better than this pablum.

Liverpool still hang onto Suarez, yet we toss aside players who love the club, but make the weird mistake.

Or maybe it's just this forum. . . .

Well this thread is depressing...

Anyway, I was just coming here to say that he had a very good game vs Swansea. Defensively, he was very good and offensively, his passing ability really catches opposition out.