David Luiz

the wes

They just replayed the goal mouth scramble against Palace when Terry and Ivanovic were throwing themselves in front of the ball.

What the fucking fuck is David Luiz doing? He takes his sweet time getting to his feet and then stands there.

Because all that extraneous shit is about building a brand. The hair, the thumbs-up, the stupid Miley Cyrus tongue thing he does.....it's all bullshit that needs to come after the football, yet it helps because people like his 'character'.

The guy needs to start being a fucking rock in defence and a leader on the pitch. Yes he's a laugh but we don't need that. We need a no-nonsense shit-kicker like Kompany or Vidic who we can rely on not to make boneheaded mistakes.

Did you see Kompany's own goal today?

Because all that extraneous shit is about building a brand. The hair, the thumbs-up, the stupid Miley Cyrus tongue thing he does.....it's all bullshit that needs to come after the football, yet it helps because people like his 'character'.

The guy needs to start being a fucking rock in defence and a leader on the pitch. Yes he's a laugh but we don't need that. We need a no-nonsense shit-kicker like Kompany or Vidic who we can rely on not to make boneheaded mistakes.

Did you see Kompany's own goal today?

Ow comon. Kompany has this once .... Luiz is much, much more a liability.

Luiz is proven in Champions League, Kompany has been awful in it these past two years. I'm really looking forward to see if he can handle the real shit.

Luiz is proven in Champions League, Kompany has been awful in it these past two years. I'm really looking forward to see if he can handle the real shit.

Lol. Really. I'd die to have a leader like him here. Keep tripping.

My point was that as Kompany has just come back from injury stuff like this happens which plays into my other point that I just wanted that people should give Luiz some time to get back into the swing of things as he's been out for quite a long time too.

My point was that as Kompany has just come back from injury stuff like this happens which plays into my other point that I just wanted that people should give Luiz some time to get back into the swing of things as he's been out for quite a long time too.

I don't care so much about these sorts of mistakes. Every defender will make them. Every defender will make a stupid pass, etc...That's not what aggravates me about Luiz. When was the last time you saw Kompany being caught 25 yards out of position? When was the last time you saw Kompany taking 5 shots in a game? Kompany plays the way a defender should play and he does it very well. Anyway, the difference for me can be summed up with these two statistics from last season.

Kompany-89.2% passing percentage. Luiz 81.1%

Kompany-1 goal on 15 shots. Luiz 2 goals on 56 shots.

Luiz just tries to do too much and it hurts us by turning the ball over way too often. Even when you don't play possession football per se, keeping possession and not needlessly turning the ball over is important. That's why when Luiz simplifies his game, he's fantastic. He just intercepts the ball, plays passes well, reads the attack, and so on. He just can't seem to do that for any stretch of time and the next game he'll lob 15 passes up the pitch, try to dribble the ball past two people which leads to a counter-attack chance, and take 3 shots that sail over the net.

Kompany plays the way a defender should play and he does it very well.

In your opinion. Personally I think there are different types of defenders - Luiz is more of the aggressor type, going out to try and intercept the ball and forcing the opposition to concede possession early whilst Kompany is the more classic defender. They'd actually complement each other very well.

Luiz just tries to do too much and it hurts us by turning the ball over way too often. Even when you don't play possession football per se, keeping possession and not needlessly turning the ball over is important. That's why when Luiz simplifies his game, he's fantastic. He just intercepts the ball, plays passes well, reads the attack, and so on. He just can't seem to do that for any stretch of time and the next game he'll lob 15 passes up the pitch, try to dribble the ball past two people which leads to a counter-attack chance, and take 3 shots that sail over the net.

I agree that our system at the moment doesn't really suit Luiz's offensive play at the back because we are pretty poor in possession (especially for the amount of possession we have) but that's more due to the manager allowing him the freedom to do such whilst not implementing a system that allows Luiz's offensive play to be effective.

It's more a fault with how the team is set up and how much freedom the manager gives Luiz to do such things (even though he shouldn't be doing it since our system is really not set up for it as I've said already). As I've said before as well, Luiz just needs a run of games to get his match fitness up and then we'll see how it goes from there - I agree that for now though he needs to keep his game simple.