David Luiz

the wes

You need to watch the Sunderland game again ,the goals we conceded were down to Mikel and Luiz losing the players they were marking ,hence Jose choosing Cahill for the Arsenal game and not Luiz ,you see Mourinho picks the team on what actually happens on the pitch ,not on what you imagine happens.

Id say its more about picking the team depending on what tactics he is implementing.

JT-Cahill may be the better choice against Arsenal because we were playing deep, very defensively and a 4-3-3.

However, this is not the case with most of our games, hence Luiz is by far the better choice.

And predictably Cahill is mentioned and compared to Luiz for the 1 millionth time by the fanboys who are insecure and feel it's neccessary to put Cahill down in order to make the brazilian look good.

If Cahill had cost £21m plus matic (a player now valued at £30m plus) and his performance level and consistency didn't reflect the valuation even in the slightest then I wouldn't hesitate to crucify him.You cannot judge a squad player that was bought for the purposes of being nothing more than a squad player as reflected by his transfer fee to a "marque signing"

The same way it would be very unfair and retarded even, to hold Victor moses to the same standard as Hazard. bottomline is

Huge transfer fees comes with huge expectations and responsibility and Luiz has certainly not lived up to the billing and is gradually becoming the most excused and pampered player in Chelsea's history. Torres better watch his back cos Luiz is coming after his elusive crown.

And predictably Cahill is mentioned and compared to Luiz for the 1 millionth time by the fanboys who are insecure and feel it's neccessary to put Cahill down in order to make the brazilian look good.

Funny. Thats coming from a guy that have a huge Cahill poster in his bedroom.

lionsden, Phill Driver and "the only place to be", presidents and founder members of Gary Cahill FanClube™.

Their goal: make Cahill looks like the epitome of the english defender, and if its possible, praise any Chelsea player born in UK. They are not afraid of putting down players that are a real threat for their beloved ones' place in the starting XI. Avoid criticizing Terry, Lampard and specially Cahill, or you will feel their rage.

Funny. Thats coming from a guy that have a huge Cahill poster in his bedroom.

lionsden, Phill Driver and "the only place to be", presidents and founder members of Gary Cahill FanClube™.

Their goal: make Cahill looks like the epitome of the english defender, and if its possible, praise any Chelsea player born in UK. They are not afraid of putting down players that are a real threat for their beloved ones' place in the starting XI. Avoid criticizing Terry, Lampard and specially Cahill, or you will feel their rage.

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm a Chelsea supporter first and foremost, not a Gary Cahill fan.

What's the matter? You seen a gap open up as forum gimp since ChelseasMessiah left and you're looking to make it your own? One more waste of forum space to add to the ignore list since they offer fuck all insight on this club and it's players.

Today, I read Luiz may be a part of Higuain deal. Well, not sure how reliable these stories are, but I personally feel Luiz is not what Jose is looking for. Just on Wendesday, Jose was yelling at him not to hoof the ball at the end of that game. Clearly, Jose has not much trust in Luiz, I feel. For some, he may be a good player, but for Jose, he is not. Luiz makes too many childish decisions, I feel.

As pointed above, cash in on him.

Today, I read Luiz may be a part of Higuain deal. Well, not sure how reliable these stories are, but I personally feel Luiz is not what Jose is looking for. Just on Wendesday, Jose was yelling at him not to hoof the ball at the end of that game. Clearly, Jose has not much trust in Luiz, I feel. For some, he may be a good player, but for Jose, he is not. Luiz makes too many childish decisions, I feel.

As pointed above, cash in on him.

Yeah straight swap for Higuain wouldn't be too bad I guess, fair deal. Still I would prefer us to sell him to PSG/Barca and get like £35-£40m then in the summer really sign a top class striker like Costa

If Cahill had cost £21m plus matic (a player now valued at £30m plus) and his performance level and consistency didn't reflect the valuation even in the slightest then I wouldn't hesitate to crucify him.You cannot judge a squad player that was bought for the purposes of being nothing more than a squad player as reflected by his transfer fee to a "marque signing"

The same way it would be very unfair and retarded even, to hold Victor moses to the same standard as Hazard. bottomline is

Huge transfer fees comes with huge expectations and responsibility and Luiz has certainly not lived up to the billing and is gradually becoming the most excused and pampered player in Chelsea's history. Torres better watch his back cos Luiz is coming after his elusive crown.

You are so far away from it that it is laughable. The problem with the Luiz-discussion is people like you, who constantly scout to find one little thing to remark on and then bash on Luiz.

Luiz is a great CB, im very happy we bought him and he is being excused because most of the critisizm against him is plain retarded. You dont see the importance he plays because you are blinded by hate towards him.

Luiz isnt doing more mistakes than anyone else in the squad, the problem is that people have their lights turned up on him and are just looking to find something.

Well, ill news for you guys. Luiz is here to stay!

You are so far away from it that it is laughable. The problem with the Luiz-discussion is people like you, who constantly scout to find one little thing to remark on and then bash on Luiz.

Luiz is a great CB, im very happy we bought him and he is being excused because most of the critisizm against him is plain retarded. You dont see the importance he plays because you are blinded by hate towards him.

Luiz isnt doing more mistakes than anyone else in the squad, the problem is that people have their lights turned up on him and are just looking to find something.

Well, ill news for you guys. Luiz is here to stay!

Oh look, calling people retarded. Have some respect for your 'fellow Chelsea supporters' (it's Christmas so I'm being kind).

No-one here hates him, they simply wish he'd live up to his potential and become someone we can rely on. When you spend £20 million on a defender then you want a bit more consistency. That's what 'turns the lights up on him'.

As for him being here to stay, I'm not so sure. I think there are other options out there who are potentially world-class, just like David Luiz is and if a big bid comes in for him then I can't see the club dismissing it out of hand.

The number of interceptions Luiz makes is criminally underrated. He plays a vital part in the quick transitions and speed of our play

Not in the slightest is it underrated. In fact I've seen people laud his number of interceptions in a match even when he hasn't made any. You'd expect him to make more than other defenders (although he recorded the same number as JT did yesterday) because of the way he plays, but if it doesn't come off then he leaves gaps behind him and that's happened a fair few times too.

I think everyone here understands the appeal of David Luiz. He does have world-class potential and he's technically one of the best defenders around. Plus in a world of social media where funny hair and mannerisms dominate the discourse, he obviously will attract a lot of devotees because he can make a funny Vine clip. But there's a lot of people who value the mental aspect of the game and think that David Luiz is still erratic despite being 26. If he could sort that out then he'd be a nailed-on started in every game.

You'd expect him to make more than other defenders (although he recorded the same number as JT did yesterday) because of the way he plays, but if it doesn't come off then he leaves gaps behind him and that's happened a fair few times too.

That's the way the manager instructs him to play though. He is perfectly capable of disciplining himself to not be the aggressor as well if the manager wants him to also, as he's done so before.

A quick look at WhoScored (who I don't like to use but I don't have time to delve deeper into it) shows that David Luiz is our leading CB in interceptions (2.2 a game), whilst JT follows him (1.6 a game) and Cahill is even further behind (0.6 per game). Even if he has played less this season (a total number of 10 starts in all competitions) he's still leading the way in that aspect.

No-one here hates him, they simply wish he'd live up to his potential and become someone we can rely on. When you spend £20 million on a defender then you want a bit more consistency. That's what 'turns the lights up on him'.

We can rely on him.

What you are saying, him living up to his potential and that he isnt consistant is just imaginary stuff.

Who decides his potential? His pricetag? Absolutley not. We are Chelsea and known for paying overprices.

Consistency... How many in our squad are as consistant as you wish Luiz would be? And when/how isnt Luiz consistant enough?

Once again, like Ive said before, its easy to blame one player but fact remains the defensive midfield is often to blame for some mistakes we make. And if people would actually analyze a game, they would find so many other remarks on other players but as Ive said, people tend to focus on Luiz.

The lack of consistency will never be accepted by Mourinho. Lets be honest his head has been turned by Barcelona. The money will solve are striker crisis.

And create another problem at the back.

We don't need to raise funds to sign a striker, especially if it's the only player we'll bring in in January.