David Luiz

the wes

Who in the world is saying that Luiz is the only defender with amazing technique and the ability to intercept?

Read the thread and you'll see that people commend Kompany on his technical ability too. You don't need to show videos to make that known.

Heck, why don't I put a video that displays a fragment of Luiz's technical abilities as well? Here you go:

Of course Kalou had to miss that

"David Luiz is the best CB when it comes to passing." - I believe this is the most frequent myth on this forum. It's BS. No way you would think that if he didn't play for Chelsea.

It's just a stupid thing to say. It is the same as if I said - "Mata is the best corner taker in the world."

And when we're speaking of Kompany, watch this.

And there's the other myth - "David Luiz is the best CB in the world when it comes to technique."

Luiz is not the only defender with amazing technique and with ability to intercept.

It is funny that your biggest arguments for Luiz are basically myths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oUbezu5Mo

I love and admire Kompany, imo the best defender in the PL the last 3years.....But we havent seeing him do these stuffs often, and im not even putting up David Luiz's goal, as that just hitting the cheat button....

Also, kindly show me a defender better than Luiz when it comes to technique....Not saying he is the best, just asking for one that's better and playing at the highest level...

"David Luiz is the best CB when it comes to passing." - I believe this is the most frequent myth on this forum. It's BS. No way you would think that if he didn't play for Chelsea.

It's just a stupid thing to say. It is the same as if I said - "Mata is the best corner taker in the world."

And when we're speaking of Kompany, watch this.

And there's the other myth - "David Luiz is the best CB in the world when it comes to technique."

Luiz is not the only defender with amazing technique and with ability to intercept.

It is funny that your biggest arguments for Luiz are basically myths.

Luiz is a Brazilian...

Them Brazilian boys grew up playin football differently than the europeans.. Everyone can attack...

Look at Rogerio ceni and the amount of goals he scored (most if not all pk)....

Luiz has pretty good technique for a defender, but not as an overall player...

However, his positioning, which can be included in technique is terrible.... (but moving forward its pretty good)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oUbezu5Mo

I love and admire Kompany, imo the best defender in the PL the last 3years.....But we havent seeing him do these stuffs often, and im not even putting up David Luiz's goal, as that just hitting the cheat button....

Also, kindly show me a defender better than Luiz when it comes to technique....Not saying he is the best, just asking for one that's better and playing at the highest level...

Just Cbs????

Or full backs included?

Luiz is a Brazilian...

Them Brazilian boys grew up playin football differently than the europeans.. Everyone can attack...

Look at Rogerio ceni and the amount of goals he scored (most if not all pk)....

Luiz has pretty good technique for a defender, but not as an overall player...

However, his positioning, which can be included in technique is terrible.... (but moving forward its pretty good)...

Just Cbs????

Or full backs included?

I agree with pretty much all you have said.....But people try to compare him with the English traditional no nonsense CB, ala JT... And yeah i meant just CB's...

I agree with pretty much all you have said.....But people try to compare him with the English traditional no nonsense CB, ala JT... And yeah i meant just CB's...

most cbs are no nonsense cbs....

David Luiz i thought was converted to a cb?

well, its unfair to compare the price of nesta/tuhram/rio/thiago/carvalho to Luiz. the market was not as inflated as now and so defenders are more expensive. to spend 20m plus on a defender is kinda normal nowadays and not something special. Also, when we signed Luiz, he was a great prospect but not a finished article like most of the people you named in your list...I think that all around, he is a good transfer and has had alot of great games.

he is not there where we want him to be, but he has the potential and the ability. Mourinho isnt trusting him at the moment, so it is now wonder why he isnt flourishing. if a coach has no trust and faith in you, you cant show your best performances. look at Mata. he is a shadow of himself since Mou has arrived. I dont think that all this is just a coincidence. Luiz seems to be a player who is kinda sentimental and needs 100% faith and trust from the coach to show what he is able to do. We shouldnt write him off yet. Dont forget that even Barca wanted him back in the summer, didnt they? he cant be that bad.

Yup specially a flamboyant cb at that.

Funny how some now conveniently ignore the fact he hasn't really lost any value; if we wanted to sell him, we could, and at a profit. The fact selling Matic was a mistake really has nothing to do with luiz.

When you spend £20m plus on a defender, you had expect overwhelming majority of discussions and analysis to be centred around the incredible performances and consistency of such player rather than 1000's of pages and columns worth of criticisms and excuses.

To put things into perspective, Nesta, Thuram,Rio, Thiago silva,Carvalho make the elite list of some of the most expensive centre backs in history. the same category Luiz is a part of. my question is, would anyone without the blue tinted glasses put Luiz anywhere near the category and caliber of those players?

I'm tired of the excuses and "potential" talks, he's 26 and cost £21m plus Matic, when will this imaginary world class potential of his start translating into tangibles? It's only in sports where people celebrate and make excuses for failure.

Man, I have to admit it really annoys me yours posts about Luiz and Cahill. Time for you to stop your bullshit. Perhaps only hypercritical fans like you dont put Luiz in the group of the best defenders in the word. He has his brainfarts moments, but he he also had great matches. Your posts makes Luiz look like a 100% failure.

What is more annoying is that you are always on Cahill topic to advocate for him, even after horrendous games. Yeah, 21m was paid for Luiz, but if leaves for Barcelona or any other team, it won't be for less than this. You won't find any club in the world willing to pay for Cahill more than the 7m we paid back in 2012. Simple as that.

After your post already got 6 "likes" or so, and has the "popular" star on it, its time for you to leave this topic and change your agenda. You will end it in a great way, dont you think?

Luiz is frustrating for many but going forwards he's fun to watch. Rafa got it right playing him in the pivot. Unfortunately he plays in a position where there's no room for failure, he has to be rock solid like J.T. His xmas clips and funny instagram photos are like a cute puppy you love to pick up and cuddle with but he frustrates you when he shits the bed.

When you spend £20m plus on a defender, you had expect overwhelming majority of discussions and analysis to be centred around the incredible performances and consistency of such player rather than 1000's of pages and columns worth of criticisms and excuses.

To put things into perspective, Nesta, Thuram,Rio, Thiago silva,Carvalho make the elite list of some of the most expensive centre backs in history. the same category Luiz is a part of. my question is, would anyone without the blue tinted glasses put Luiz anywhere near the category and caliber of those players?

I'm tired of the excuses and "potential" talks, he's 26 and cost £21m plus Matic, when will this imaginary world class potential of his start translating into tangibles? It's only in sports where people celebrate and make excuses for failure.

Excuses and potential talks?

Im saying Luiz is already more than skilled enough to play for us, and for a long time aswell. He doesnt need to get any better even.

What some of you people dont fucking understand is the role and importance of the midfield aswell.

Look at the Arsenal game.... Fuck sake even I could of played CB with Terry and managed pretty decent. We were playing a complete defensive tactic where everyone did what they were supposed to do.

What I am fucking tired of is the double-standards to always blame Luiz and look for his mistakes but when it comes to other players its the other way around. Take lampard for instance..I freaking love the guy, but when he has a SHIT game there are SO many people who turn the discussion to "he's been the best midfielder in the world" and whatnot.

Luiz is already worldclass.

It was a call for the manager to make between Cahill and Luiz for the Arsenal game ,I think Mourinho got it right and Cahill's performance showed that ,Luiz is world class?

Lets see him be world class for Chelsea on the pitch ,not for Brazil or Barcelona,if he gets his head down and forgets the hype from people who do not understand the basics of being a world class defender that is up to him ,at the moment he is playing second fiddle to Gary Cahill who was excellent against Arsenal and is forming an understanding with John Terry that is set up to keep clean sheets and not give away very silll goals,with both defending properly as a priority.

It was a call for the manager to make between Cahill and Luiz for the Arsenal game ,I think Mourinho got it right and Cahill's performance showed that ,Luiz is world class?

Lets see him be world class for Chelsea on the pitch ,not for Brazil or Barcelona,if he gets his head down and forgets the hype from people who do not understand the basics of being a world class defender that is up to him ,at the moment he is playing second fiddle to Gary Cahill who was excellent against Arsenal and is forming an understanding with John Terry that is set up to keep clean sheets and not give away very silll goals,with both defending properly as a priority.

Cahill was excellent against Arsenal definitely, but what about the games versus Stoke, Sunderland?

The JT - Cahill partnership isn't as rosy as you're making it out to be.

Right now though, especially after the Arsenal game, he deserves to be in the team.

Cahill was excellent against Arsenal definitely, but what about the games versus Stoke, Sunderland?

Right now though, especially after the Arsenal game, he deserves to be in the team.

You need to watch the Sunderland game again ,the goals we conceded were down to Mikel and Luiz losing the players they were marking ,hence Jose choosing Cahill for the Arsenal game and not Luiz ,you see Mourinho picks the team on what actually happens on the pitch ,not on what you imagine happens.