Roman Abramovich Thread

10 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Somehow i feel the Ricketts will win because they have strong backer like Griffin and Gilbert. Boehly seems to have the best project but financially not as strong as the Ricketts, shame he didn't recruit Steve Ballmer. 

No to the Ricketts! If the Ricketts win, me and millions of Chelsea fans all over the world will definately stop supporting the club. I have supported Chelsea for 40 years but it will be a sad day if Chelsea is taken over by a fascist racist owner.  I will cherish and remember the good days. I hope it doesnt come to this!.

9 minutes ago, didi007 said:

No to the Ricketts! If the Ricketts win, me and millions of Chelsea fans all over the world will definately stop supporting the club. I have supported Chelsea for 40 years but it will be a sad day if Chelsea is taken over by a fascist racist owner.  I will cherish and remember the good days. I hope it doesnt come to this!.

There seems to be a misinterpretation. The father isn't involved in the bid and the children have distanced themselves from him. 

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

There seems to be a misinterpretation. The father isn't involved in the bid and the children have distanced themselves from him. 

True. I'm now worried about the misinformation that is being circulated around on forums. Don't want to scupper a potentially good bid because of outrage from overblown facts. 

I hope the majority  of local Chelsea fans are being pragmatic about the whole thing.

Edited by Blue Armour

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Have those involved in the bid supported Trump in the form of advocating for him or donating to his campaign(s)? I know that some here may disagree with me on this, and some among the wider Blues' fanbase certainly will, but this would be an absolute and insurmountable deal breaker for me. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Have those involved in the bid supported Trump in the form of advocating for him or donating to his campaign(s)? I know that some here may disagree with me on this, and some among the wider Blues' fanbase certainly will, but this would be an absolute and insurmountable deal breaker for me. 

All of the Ricketts (except for my fellow lesbian Satan and Obama worshiper Laura <<<< I jest!), plus both Gilbert, and Griffin are all Trumpers, and combined have given directly and fundraised hundreds of millions of USD for the Rethuglicans.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

All of the Ricketts (except for my fellow lesbian Satan and Obama worshiper Laura <<<< I jest!), plus both Gilbert, and Griffin are all Trumpers, and combined have given directly and fundraised hundreds of millions of USD for the Rethuglicans.

Thanks. This is what I thought I'd read but the comment to which I replied made we wonder if I'd misremembered.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's a bit silly. A deal breaker because of their political affiliation?

Unless these lot are far right activists  I can't imagine why someone's political preference has any bearing on how well they can run this football club. 

Pete Ricketts is a Governor. That apple fell right next to the Joe Ricketts tree. He is always involved in some far right wacko politics. Today he is on the hot seat for wanting to cut 100 million dollars from Nursing Home budgets for state run facilities. These elderly people are probably completely unaware he is trying to steam roll what little aide they get. Overall the Ricketts family is a terrible legacy.

The thing about the ricketts is this part: 

People close to the consortium confirmed it would be an all-equity bid, with no new debt being placed onto Chelsea's balance sheet.

We don't want another Glazer story so because of this, the Ricketts are leading the race. Now question on my mind is if Roman is wiping the debt how he will do that since he can't do nothing as he is frozen? 

Exclusive: Ken Griffin will fly to London with Tom and Laura Ricketts to speak with Chelsea officials this week. Griffin had previously remained in the background #cfc https://t.co/3hmOCL50hY

— Matt Law (@Matt_Law_DT) April 5, 2022

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That's a bit silly. A deal breaker because of their political affiliation?

If you think supporting Dopey Donnie is just a political affiliation you need to wake up. I repeat, absolute and total deal breaker.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Noted. No republican shall own Chelsea football club. 

non sequitur

no one said absolutely no Tories or US Republicans (most billionaires are somewhat RW in orientation, with some notable exceptions of course)

I was completely oki with Nick Candy, for instance, and Lord Coe, etc. who are Tories

But there is difference between being oriented to the right and then being huge Trumper activists, elected batshit cray RWers (Governor Pete Ricketts, who is, I admit, supposedly not involved, although I want to see that in writing), and donators/fundraisers of hundreds of millions for nefarious political means.