Roman Abramovich Thread

Question for those who are much better inform than me. 

Based on yesterday's performance and how I'm proud on this team and coach, like everyone else, is there any informations about future of the key figures in the club out of the field (Marina ,Cech ,Tuchel etc...) after Roman ? Is there any indications that they will stay or go ?

I Think club was really going in a good direction. Tuchel is a great coach and we play entertaining football under him, with a lot of trophies already, so keeping those people around would be crucial to stay in that direction.

24 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

Based on yesterday's performance and how I'm proud on this team and coach, like everyone else, is there any informations about future of the key figures in the club out of the field (Marina ,Cech ,Tuchel etc...) after Roman ? Is there any indications that they will stay or go ?

I Think club was really going in a good direction. Tuchel is a great coach and we play entertaining football under him, with a lot of trophies already, so keeping those people around would be crucial to stay in that direction.

No one is going to truly know until the new owners come in.

I would expect all of them will want to do everything to keep Tuchel. Unless any of them have been living under a rock, I think they will all see re: Tuchel (1) how successful we've been under his tenure and where we're potentially heading under him, (2) there's nothing better out there (arguably beyond Klopp and Pep there's nothing better full stop whether available or not), (3) he's represented the club on and off the pitch incredibly well in a difficult period, and (4) the fan base love him so replacing or losing him would be a hugely unpopular decision.

With Tuchel in mind, I would also expect them to look at keeping Cech at the club as Tuchel has explained a number of times how helpful it is to have that link between boardroom and the coach but without him having to get involved in things he just doesn't want to like he did at PSG. I don't see any reason why Cech still can't fulfil that role.

Marina will be the one least unsure about. She may not even want to stay under new owners because things will change in the boardroom. I think new owners coming in may well try and see if Marina and Buck can stay short term just to smooth the transition. Marina has the contacts with clubs, agents, etc and it would be easier I think for her to continue to operate in her role negotiating contracts and transfers this close to the summer window. Similarly a new chairman coming in may want to shadow Buck for a few months. I could see them staying initially through the summer and potentially leaving in the autumn or winter next season.

1 hour ago, LegenTerry said:

I'm only aware of Group Boehly & Group Broughton having said that they want to keep TT. I suspect though that the others have said this too and I just haven't noticed. Surely it would take a special type of stupidity to even contemplate replacing TT and I doubt there are any stupid people involved in the bidding process. I certainly haven't seen any. Some whose world view I can't tolerate but none who are stupid.

On 12/04/2022 at 07:00, Mário César said:

what do you think about him?

Being from Boston I know Steve Pagliuca fairly well. I met him during the championship they won in 2008 and I can say he truly cares about winning. Passionate owner who loves his players.

They care about the fans and aren't afraid to spend to compete. The players love the current Celtics' ownership so I think his reputation here in Boston as an owner is very positive. 

If they were to win the bid I hope that carries over to Chelsea

Abramovich has had more than £5.4bn of his assets frozen in Jersey and 12 luxury properties – including a near-£100m villa on the Riviera that was once the holiday home of King Edward VIII – seized by the French government.

34 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Magic Johnson isn't even worth a billion why is it even remotely interesting he got convinced?

This doesn't relate to the Chelsea bid, it's part of a story relating to how they convinced him to join their bid for the Dodgers.

Roman Abramovich, the club’s present owner, and the Chelsea board will make the final decision on the preferred bidder, and will take into account recommendations from the Raine Group merchant bank which is handling the sale. It is understood that they will not necessarily choose the highest bid as they will prioritise the future guardianship of the club.

The preferred bid is expected to be confirmed next week and insiders suggest that the winning bid could be as much as £2.75 billion. The government must sign off on the sale so that Abramovich cannot profit from the proceeds.