Roman Abramovich Thread

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

SO fucked up

this is a septic inside job

almost all the major backing money is US

as is the firm handling the sale

WTF

And the Chelsea chairman.

I've never liked or trusted Buck and I know he's rubbed the CST and CPO the wrong way in the past. 

I wouldnt put it past him to push for whoever is willing to keep him in his role at the club.

And in my opinion he does have the front to push for the Ricketts bid if he sees fit.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

And the Chelsea chairman.

I've never liked or trusted Buck and I know he's rubbed the CST and CPO the wrong way in the past. 

I wouldnt put it past him to push for whoever is willing to keep him in his role at the club.

And in my opinion he does have the front to push for the Ricketts bid if he sees fit.

Buck was also the cunt who tried to ram us into the Super League, and I am pretty sure was the one who issued that bloody tone deaf request for no fans allowed at BORO

Considering how contervisal its gone with Roman you'd hope they'd try and avoid it again. We don't need sodding racist and prattish owners who fans already saying no to before it's offical. Hopefully they see sense and listen! Unfortunately probably not and all be a mess...

so

it looks like it is down to pure highest bid

which makes the Ricketts more likely, as they have Griffin's huge pot to call upon (although FT says they are out, which I cannot confirm)

Chelsea to be sold “auction style” with preferred bidders confirmed

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2022/03/Chelsea-to-be-sold-auction-style-with-preferred-bidders-confirmed/

The news around the sale of Chelsea is coming thick and fast, as you’d expect, and we’re now pretty much sure who the “preferred bidders” chosen by Raine Group are.

The Todd Boehly bid is a very strong one, perhaps the favourite as things stand, and they have made next stage. Seemingly certain to join them are the unpopular Ricketts family bid, and one from a third American sports team owner – Stephen Pagliuca.

What we do know, thanks to Ben Jacobs, is that all those groups chosen as preferred bidders will then compete “auction style” for ownership, with the highest bidder taking all.

It’s not nice – and most Chelsea fans won’t like the idea that the Ricketts family (for example) can take control if they just put the most money down, but that’s business.

All we can do is hope that the Chelsea board have shortlisted a good group to choose from.

Josh Harris and David Blitzer's Chelsea ambition leaves Crystal Palace's hard-won progress in peril

Shareholders Blitzer and Harris are the named money behind Sir Martin Broughton’s consortium to buy Chelsea, which could prove problematic

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/25/josh-harris-david-blitzers-Chelsea-ambition-leaves-crystal-palaces/

Every Friday at 11am, and wherever in the world they find themselves, the four men who control the destiny of Crystal Palace join a call to discuss the challenges, and the rewards, of keeping a venerable, much-loved, once chaotic, club prospering in the Premier League.

They are convened by Steve Parish, a native South Londoner who has run Palace since 2010, overseeing arguably the club’s greatest era, in this their longest-ever run in the top flight - which will surely be 10 seasons come May. He is joined by the new single largest shareholder, on 40 per cent, John Textor, a 56-year-old former pro skateboarder from Florida who went into investment and became an early digital industry entrepreneur. With around 38 per cent of Palace between them, the real money is with David Blitzer and Josh Harris – US private equity overlords and bonafide billionaires.

Blitzer and Harris bought into Palace in December 2015, after Parish and his then British business partners had overseen promotion to the Premier League and later a 10th-place finish the previous season – still the highest since the glory days of 1990-1991. The £50 million investment from Blitzer and Harris who own NBA franchise the Philadelphia 76ers helped the club to stabilise. Parish himself learned quickly, appointing managers who could keep the team in the league and trading players ever more adroitly.

By the time Textor bought in last August, Parish was established as one of the most vocal and influential Premier League executives, both in private shareholders meetings and publicly. Indeed, he was one of the only members of the secretive 20-strong elite of ownerships who was prepared to state the case through the tumult of Project Restart, and then the Big Six conflagrations of Project Big Picture and the European Super League. One might say that Palace have never been in better shape by the time the Chelsea crisis hit English football.

Their manager Patrick Vieira, appointed by Parish as others dithered, is having a startling Premier League rookie season. Palace have developed, acquired, or loaned some of the best young English, or English-based, talent. They are in a FA Cup semi-final for the second time in the Parish era, against Chelsea – and yet the future of their ownership is imperilled by their opposition on April 17. Blitzer and Harris are the named money behind Sir Martin Broughton’s consortium to buy Chelsea. No-one from their joint venture Harris-Blitzer Sports and Entertainment is confirming it, although neither are they denying it. Where, the question is, does that leave Palace?

“In the case of Josh and David, ‘Oh my god, what sort of history they have in investing across countries and businesses,” Textor said in an interview with the Athletic football podcast last year. “I want the Crystal Palace fans to know, these guys love this team. They are incredibly engaged every single week – they don’t miss it”.

He was talking about the weekly Friday morning call, hosted by Parish. All four have equal voting rights as Palace directors and although it is Parish who is running the club on a day-to-day basis, they work towards unanimous votes on all big decisions. There are around 20 shareholders who have some stake in Palace, large or small, with Parish owning around 11 per cent. Textor, who has stakes in Belgian and Brazilian clubs, said that he could have demanded greater power for his money at other clubs but at Palace it was clear. The £87million that he paid for his stake late last year came with a single vote in the tight-knit board of four.

That has been the success behind Palace, whether it has been investing in a new Category One academy to take advantage of the rich seam of South London football talent or selling one of those graduates – Aaron Wan-Bissaka – for an outrageous £55million three years ago. That is the delicate equilibrium that has been at the heart of the Palace model – with a deep trust in Parish to make the right calls on the big issues. They have boxed clever, even in the difficult days of Covid.

Their last financial results for the 13 months ending July 31, 2020, to take in the extended season, saw losses of around £58million. An interest-free loan from the parent company, and Blitzer and Harris, saw the club through. Palace’s revenue is highly dependent on its Premier League broadcast incomes, £124million in the last pre-pandemic season, which dwarfs the £30million or so combined from commercial and matchday revenue. Although the changing profile of their squad means they do now have young talented sale assets in the event of the relegation apocalypse.

Textor’s investment came subsequent to the loan that saw Palace through Covid, which will have released the dependency on Blitzer and Harris’ money. Since then the academy has opened and Marc Guehi and Tyrick Mitchell have reached the England squad. Palace are nothing like the European power Chelsea have become but when they meet in three weeks they will do so as a fellow London club with a distinct identity and as a desirable location for young players seeking to reach the next level. It is a status that Blitzer and Harris know, as well as any, that has taken years of hard work and shrewd choices to attain. 

lol at people who have argued with me for years about how close Roman is to Putin

Roman Abramovich 'heads to Poland to act as a negotiator between Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin'

• According to local media reports, the billionaire took a train to Poland Thursday
  • Investigative journalist Jakob Stachowiak said he used his Portuguese passport
  • Zelensky had previously asked Biden not to impose sanctions on the Russian, saying he 'may turn out to be an important intermediary in peace negotiations'
  • Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov yesterday confirmed Abramovich attended a first round of peace talks between the two sides in Belarus 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10653321/Roman-Abramovich-heads-Poland-act-negotiator-Biden-Putin.html

This is the only big negative (this is older news) about the Boehly consortium (Jonathan Goldstein)

I have no idea why they went with a Spuds lifelong backer and not Nick Candy

Nick Candy Denies Wyss-Boehly-Goldstein Super Consortium Rumours Because He 'Doesn't Want a Spurs Fan' as Part of Chelsea Future

https://www.si.com/soccer/Chelsea/news/nick-candy-denies-wyss-boehly-goldstein-super-consortium-rumours-because-he-doesnt-want-a-spurs-fan-as-part-of-Chelsea-future

British businessman Nick Candy has rubbished rumours that he is looking to join the consortium headed by Todd Boehly, Hansorj Wyss and Jonathan Goldstein.

It was reported that Candy was discussing the potential to join  the Swiss-American led bid to form a super consortium.

However, Candy has now denied this stating that he does not want a lifelong Tottenham Hotspur fan as part of the future of Chelsea Football Club.

In a statement released via Nick Purewal, a spokesperson for Candy stated: "There are no talks underway with Nick Candy and the Todd Boehly and Jonathan Goldstein consortium,not least because Mr Candy does not want a lifelong Spurs fan as part of the future ownership of Chelsea Football Club."

The Wyss-Boehly consortium are still looking for partners but were also not considering teaming up with Candy, according to other reports.

Goldstein, who is part of the consortium, is a lifelong Tottenham fan, which seems to have put Candy off any potential joining of forces.

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

so

it looks like it is down to pure highest bid

which makes the Ricketts more likely, as they have Griffin's huge pot to call upon (although FT says they are out, which I cannot confirm)

Chelsea to be sold “auction style” with preferred bidders confirmed

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2022/03/Chelsea-to-be-sold-auction-style-with-preferred-bidders-confirmed/

The news around the sale of Chelsea is coming thick and fast, as you’d expect, and we’re now pretty much sure who the “preferred bidders” chosen by Raine Group are.

The Todd Boehly bid is a very strong one, perhaps the favourite as things stand, and they have made next stage. Seemingly certain to join them are the unpopular Ricketts family bid, and one from a third American sports team owner – Stephen Pagliuca.

What we do know, thanks to Ben Jacobs, is that all those groups chosen as preferred bidders will then compete “auction style” for ownership, with the highest bidder taking all.

It’s not nice – and most Chelsea fans won’t like the idea that the Ricketts family (for example) can take control if they just put the most money down, but that’s business.

All we can do is hope that the Chelsea board have shortlisted a good group to choose from.

Don't really get an auction style now unless Roman thinks he's pocketing the money once the sanctions are lifted.

Granted if it's going to charity then they may be looking to get the highest amount to donate but from a selfish perspective, if these prospective owners start bidding each other up then surely it means less disposable income at the end to be used for the club once its purchased.

There's been multiple reports since the start that it's not just the highest bid and multiple factors regarding plans for the club, stadium, investment, etc. From what it appears Raine have effectively weeded out the weaker bids and these seem to be the ones with the finances and backing in place to make the deal happen.

Put a set fixed price in now that all bids agree to and let them sell their plans to the Chelsea board, to the CPO, to the CST. I'd like to see all outline their plans in public to the Chelsea fans. Then decide the best project for the club, no one or nothing else before Chelsea Football Club.

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol at people who have argued with me for years about how close Roman is to Putin

Roman Abramovich 'heads to Poland to act as a negotiator between Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin'

• According to local media reports, the billionaire took a train to Poland Thursday
  • Investigative journalist Jakob Stachowiak said he used his Portuguese passport
  • Zelensky had previously asked Biden not to impose sanctions on the Russian, saying he 'may turn out to be an important intermediary in peace negotiations'
  • Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov yesterday confirmed Abramovich attended a first round of peace talks between the two sides in Belarus 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10653321/Roman-Abramovich-heads-Poland-act-negotiator-Biden-Putin.html

Lol this just actually just proves that Abramovich is really really close to Putin... Someone who is not close to him, wouldn't be anywhere near these peace talks. Not saying Abramovich has any direct impact on war, but his relationship to Putin is close.

Edited by Tautvix

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Such talks have been rumoured before but the rumours then were rubbish. Nothing we know about Roman suggests that he has the skills and personality to make a useful contribution to peace talks. I'll need to read much more about this from a source I distrust less before I hold out any hope that this might go anywhere.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

We must keep in mind that we’ll never get another Roman Abramovich, an owner who really love Chelsea and invest her money for fun  forgive the debt that the club has to him and will not even take anything from the sale .We are talking about such an owner.

roman-abramovich-chelseavsbayern.gif

Edited by milka

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Don't really get an auction style now unless Roman thinks he's pocketing the money once the sanctions are lifted.

Granted if it's going to charity then they may be looking to get the highest amount to donate but from a selfish perspective, if these prospective owners start bidding each other up then surely it means less disposable income at the end to be used for the club once its purchased.

There's been multiple reports since the start that it's not just the highest bid and multiple factors regarding plans for the club, stadium, investment, etc. From what it appears Raine have effectively weeded out the weaker bids and these seem to be the ones with the finances and backing in place to make the deal happen.

Put a set fixed price in now that all bids agree to and let them sell their plans to the Chelsea board, to the CPO, to the CST. I'd like to see all outline their plans in public to the Chelsea fans. Then decide the best project for the club, no one or nothing else before Chelsea Football Club.

Long ago I said Candy should join with Boehly

Candy is a master at building huge projects, and he was easily the one most talking how important it was to build a WC, non cut-rate stadium (he said it would take around £2 billion to do it right, which is correct) plus he is connected AF and is a monster Chels fan

Boehly is a genius at club building, the LA Dodgers are the best run baseball team in the world, and I get super good vibes off him

Wyss is also connected as well, and is old (87) so isn't going to fuck around

and they have a huge money supply to call up in in Clearlake Capital (£60n in assets and they DO spend and build, they are not a slash and burn merchant like Bain)

I see no reason why Candy and Catalina Kim (and her massive Korean connections, plus the fact she is a top football agent) could not have replaced the Spuds fan Jonathan Goldstein.

I would LOVE to have that team as our owners

41 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Lol this just actually just proves that Abramovich is really really close to Putin... Someone who is not close to him, wouldn't be anywhere near these peace talks. Not saying Abramovich has any direct impact on war, but his relationship to Putin is close.

of course, yet I have seen so many deny it for ages, no matter how much evidence I provide

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Long ago I said Candy should join with Boehly

Candy is a master at building huge projects, and he was easily the one most talking how important it was to build a WC, non cut-rate stadium (he said it would take around £2 billion to do it right, which is correct) plus he is connected AF and is a monster Chels fan

Boehly is a genius at club building, the LA Dodgers are the best run baseball team in the world, and I get super good vibes off him

Wyss is also connected as well, and is old (87) so isn't going to fuck around

and they have a huge money supply to call up in in Clearlake Capital (£60n in assets and they DO spend and build, they are not a slash and burn merchant like Bain)

I see no reason why Candy and Catalina Kim (and her massive Korean connections, plus the fact she is a top football agent) could not have replaced the Spuds fan Jonathan Goldstein.

I would LOVE to have that team as our owners

This isnt solely for him. The dodgers are an American institution. They were well run long before Boehly was born.

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

This isnt solely for him. The dodgers are an American institution. They were well run long before Boehly was born.

non sequitur 

I never claimed they were not well run in the past, nor did I say Boehly was the sole reason for their success

I just like his vision