Roman Abramovich Thread

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That would probably be the only way this idiotic government would relent in their ridiculous punishment of fans, players, and staff.

No, would only encourage them further I am afraid. Chelsea fans are the scourge at the moment for singing 'Roman Abramovich', and the government always need scapegoats

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Really wish there were mass protests and visible fan anger similar to what we saw with the Super League. Kind of disappointing that there isn’t, tbh. That would probably be the only way this idiotic government would relent in their ridiculous punishment of fans, players, and staff.

As stated above, you’ve already ensured Abramovich won’t see a penny from the sale, has been disqualified as the owner, and he’s effectively barred from entering the country. Why is that not enough? Why should everyone else in the club suffer?

It would be stupid . While some would chant Romans name , banners , even Russian colours . The poor fan rhetoric has no weight anymore just make us look self entitled dicks .

Where is that  soft usually loud mouthed  David Baddiel?

15 hours ago, cosmicway said:

How does it work though ?
200 million instead of 2 billion ?
The one with 2 billion is obviously in a position to give better bribes than the one with the 200 million.
I 've seen some tricks but that much difference looks big.

There is no need for actual bribes

Hi everybody guys. It’s Lorenzo Vendemiale, a journalist from RAI, italian public television.

We are working on a story about the consequences of the war in Ukraine in sports and we will talk about Chelsea FC. We will talk about what your club is going through, what the government decided about Abramovich and how this is questioning the present and the future of the club.

We’re preparing a trip to London for one of Chelsea's upcoming games at Stamford Bridge. We would like to film the whole match day experience, lived with the Chelsea fans, at the entrance and exit of the stadium, to witness the atmosphere, feelings and opinions about what is happening. We are looking for a group of fans to organize our visit with, that's why I am posting on this forum. Who can I turn to? Is there anyone who can help me?

Thank you all guys

Hi everybody guys. It’s Lorenzo Vendemiale, a journalist from RAI, italian public television.

We are working on a story about the consequences of the war in Ukraine in sports and we will talk about Chelsea FC. We will talk about what your club is going through, what the government decided about Abramovich and how this is questioning the present and the future of the club.

We’re preparing a trip to London for one of Chelsea's upcoming games at Stamford Bridge. We would like to film the whole match day experience, lived with the Chelsea fans, at the entrance and exit of the stadium, to witness the atmosphere, feelings and opinions about what is happening. We are looking for a group of fans to organize our visit with, that's why I am posting on this forum. Who can I turn to? Is there anyone who can help me?

Thank you all guys

27 minutes ago, lVendemiale said:

Thank you all guys

Hi Lorenzo

I dont think there are any Season Ticket holders on the forum (they are only permitted to attend at present)- probably best to just interview people when you get there.

Yes I know, but since we are coming from Italy we would like to arrange in advance, just to be sure we will meet the supporters we're looking for and spend the game day with them. We need someone to help us know if there will be gatherings of fans before the match at the entrance of the stadium, where they will see the game since they can not enter, film all the atmosphere and talk to them

18 minutes ago, lVendemiale said:

Yes I know, but since we are coming from Italy we would like to arrange in advance, just to be sure we will meet the supporters we're looking for and spend the game day with them. We need someone to help us know if there will be gatherings of fans before the match at the entrance of the stadium, where they will see the game since they can not enter, film all the atmosphere and talk to them

Next match at the bridge is April 2 against Brentford.
If you go you can meet the season ticket holders and then you can go to a pub to talk more. No problem.
Only on April 2 the sanctions may be over.

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

You knew it would be harsh.

So it should be!! The game is 5 days away! Can't turn round and be ooo they shouldn't have fans cause we can't. Why should they lose out. If was at the Bridge their fans would be coming and ours would too as tickets already been on sale sooooo.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

All of this is mentally exhausting. We do not know how much past Friday until we actually know something definitive. I really feel for you fans that have been lifelong supporters. The anguish must be crippling. 

It's bad, but as I alluded to before we've been in a lot darker places. On  the verge of bankruptcy, Stamford Bridge almost turned into flats, fans banned (albeit for different reasons). 

Right now it's the uncertainty - but who knows things may even get better than the last 20 years. Gotta hope at least.

51 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

no, there isn't.

Laws and regulations are written by men.

There is some more to this story.
You just can't buy something worth 2.7 billion for 250 million.
One example:
The totalizator of the Athens race course in 1995. An American company who had already won the bid in Cyprus makes an offer for 20 million. Intralot asks for 25 million, the totalizator will not become property of the racecourse but operated by Intralot on behalf of the race course so the race course will have to pay every month !
Intralot wins with the shaky excuse that they offer jobs to Greek workers.
It was scandalous and we all know there was a lot of political wheeling and dealing.
Then they do more. In the year 2001 they change all the displays to euros. But that was n't due till 2002 so they make them show first drachmas
then euros, alternating. The result was awful-unreadable. But Intra got 2 million euros for it, for making the displays unreadeable and then they get paid more in 2002 to make them into proper euro displays.
But all that is small money.
Or the other Greek deal with the German built submarines at around the same time. There was bribing, some people were sentence to long prison sentences, but again it was small money when compared to the total cost of the subs.
How can you pay 250 million for something worth 2.7 billion ? Nobody around to make another offer ? Then it was not worth 2.7 billion.
If it was me I could easily double the bribes to the various officials and buy the snibneft for say 2.3 billion.

Edited by cosmicway