Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Roman Abramovich Thread

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Boehly, Broughton and possibly Centricus.

was my final 3

figured no Candy because Kim posted her 'unhappy' IG post 2 days ago then deleted it

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

I would rather Centricus...

Heard somewhere Roman and Chelsea board will prefer a bid from personal in a consortium rather led by a financial institution directly

1 hour ago, Costa19 said:

So how much money does Boehly's consortium have? 😬

I think the net worth of Boehly, Wyss and Goldstein combined sits at around £8 - 10bn.

They are also being backed by Clearlake Capital which hold around $60bn of assets under management.

Reports last week were that Boehly's overall consortium was now over funded, so one would assume the capital is there to buy the club and sort the stadium out.

The overall direction of the club moving forward will be interesting to see. From what has been reported, Boehly looks at the Liverpool model of making sure scouting, data, etc is on point and then looking to add a player or two each summer to specifically improve the team but if such a player isn't available then not to buy for the sake of it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think the net worth of Boehly, Wyss and Goldstein combined sits at around £8 - 10bn.

They are also being backed by Clearlake Capital which hold around $60bn of assets under management.

Reports last week were that Boehly's overall consortium was now over funded, so one would assume the capital is there to buy the club and sort the stadium out.

The overall direction of the club moving forward will be interesting to see. From what has been reported, Boehly looks at the Liverpool model of making sure scouting, data, etc is on point and then looking to add a player or two each summer to specifically improve the team but if such a player isn't available then not to buy for the sake of it.

Sounds good!

Maybe as someone wrote on twitter .. Moneyball but with a big wallet 🤤

Another bonus with Boehly is that I think he’ll want to make a nice initial splash to win the supporters over and prove his dedication to maintaining our current level.

So if he wins the bid I think we’ll be in for a very nice summer. And hopefully our business starts with locking down Rüdiger and Tuchel to long deals.

• Like 1

Blitzer and Harris are some of the money behind Martin Broughton and British politician Sabastian Coe, just so no one gets confused

2 hours ago, Diceflix said:

Heard somewhere Roman and Chelsea board will prefer a bid from personal in a consortium rather led by a financial institution directly

Centricus is a consortium too, and all 4 mains are British and are season Chels ticket holders for ages.

Total worth is over £50 billion.

The firm partnered with Jonathan Lourie of Cheyne Capital and Bob Finch of Talis Capital on the bid.

Edited by Vesper

If this is accurate, we dodged a (Glazers) bullet thinking they were loaded and were going to spend spend spend.

• Like 2

Boehly seems like the most logical choice. One thing is for sure, there will be investment in the team, but the days of just throwing 300M at the team is going to be over. The club will need to produce its own revenue. It is going to be different for sure.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If this is accurate, we dodged a (Glazers) bullet thinking they were loaded and were going to spend spend spend.

they were not lying when they said they were not fronting for rich Saudi princes, LOLOL

I realize a transaction this massive takes time, but I hope we don’t have to go another week or more of this. Just tiny bits of progress squeaking out drip by drip. 

this whole thing is like the world's most expensive hoe stroll in history

Chelsea FC being pimped to the world's billionaire set

everyone wants a piece of that sweet blue ass

Smurfette by Herr Nilsson - Guy Hepner | Art Gallery | Prints for Sale |  Chelsea, New York City