Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will bundle in 2000 goals against the Alemannia Aachen's and Wormatia Worms of the world. Stick him up against quality opposition and/or in a pressure situation and watch him crumble. For example, at Germany: No goals at international tournaments, and only 8 in qualifying- might I add, of those 8 goals that actually mattered, 2 were against San Marino and 2 against Austria, and one each against Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. He's got 2 international goals against any reasonable standard of an opponent, and even then, its only qualifying. He has also never scored an international goal against a top 20 ranked side.

Gomez has a different playing style in die national manschaft, he shoots outside the box and creates more chances. He is just adjusting to the different style of play

oh boy, u clearly haven't watched van persie this season. he beats gomez by miles tbh

anyway, he will trouble our defence but he is not world class

RvP is not the same type of striker like Gomez is, RvP creates more chances and could shoot outside the box.

Gomez has a different playing style in die national manschaft, he shoots outside the box and creates more chances. He is just adjusting to the different style of play

0 goals against the top 4 Bundesliga sides this year. 12 against the bottom 4.

0 goals against the top 4 Bundesliga sides this year. 12 against the bottom 4.

What's your point? He scored two against Man City, a hatrick against Napoli, and a lovely goal against Madrid. Bayern have never lost a game where Gomez has scored this season.

RvP is not the same type of striker like Gomez is, RvP creates more chances and could shoot outside the box.

Most of Rvp's goals have been inside the 6yd box although he has a couple odd spectacular ones but i guess with so much confidence any striker can score from those angles

My opion is:

Cech

Bosingwa-Cahill-Luiz-cole

Mikel-Lampard

Sturridge-Mata-Kalou

Drogba

Of I would like to see in RB Hutchinson.

Sturridge AND Bosingwa on the right side?! Oh dear...

What's your point? He scored two against Man City, a hatrick against Napoli, and a lovely goal against Madrid. Bayern have never lost a game where Gomez has scored this season.

My point is that he is overrated because when he plays without pressure or against a shit defence he'll run riot, which inflates his numbers. 5 group stage goals and a lucky shin/knee into the net. Hardly convincing. And if you go on NA1926.net, the Napoli forum we are twinned with, and ask them for an opinion of their defence, they will tell you it is overwhelmingly shit.

I'm far more concerned about Ivica Olic, Robben, Ribery et al as threats. I'm sure Heyneckes knows that Gomez doesn't show up when things get tough; he'll probably leave him out there as a red herring.

A lovely goal against Madrid?? What lovely goal?! All he did was just slotting it home 2-3 yards out!

5 group stage goals and a lucky shin/knee into the net. Hardly convincing. And if you go on NA1926.net, the Napoli forum we are twinned with, and ask them for an opinion of their defence, they will tell you it is overwhelmingly shit.

Our central defence is gonna be a makeshift one.I expect gomez to score atleast one.

5 group stage goals and a lucky shin/knee into the net. Hardly convincing. And if you go on NA1926.net, the Napoli forum we are twinned with, and ask them for an opinion of their defence, they will tell you it is overwhelmingly shit.

That's no excuse, Chelsea lost 3-1 to Napoli and suffered under their defense.

His positioning was class

For a striker of his quality, that is nothing. Even if his movement & positioning was good, it was hardly a class goal. Just a tap-in goal like he always does.