Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF that is the case, then yeah. Was just responding to rover's lineup. However, if Malouda is fit, I would start him on the left and Kalou on the right.

I would almost bet my house on the fact that Malouda will not start in the finals. Not because he isn't fit but because he's not fast enough to take advantage of Bayern on the counter. He is also not fast enough to deal with either Robben or Ribery... people say Sturridge provides little cover to our back line but I would imagine DiMatteo getting him to understand how important it is to the team philosophy that he does.

Sturridge has the pace to break the game wide open and even if he just a body in front of the attackers(like Mata was against Barca) the threat of him on the break is something Bayern would definitely be thinking about. PARTICULARLY after that Dortmund game

A Champions league final!, is no time to be experimenting with a strike duo we already know just doesn't work.

In fairness it hasn't been tried that much, and Nando has put in some great crosses in his Chelsea career that Drogba could benefit from, Also he has better work rate then Sturridge.

A Champions league final!, is no time to be experimenting with a strike duo we already know just doesn't work.

Suspecting now that RDM is just playing games with Bayern especially after the way he keeps on talking about the Luiz and Cahill's injuries.

I would almost bet my house on the fact that Malouda will not start in the finals. Not because he isn't fit but because he's not fast enough to take advantage of Bayern on the counter. He is also not fast enough to deal with either Robben or Ribery... people say Sturridge provides little cover to our back line but I would imagine DiMatteo getting him to understand how important it is to the team philosophy that he does.

Sturridge has the pace to break the game wide open and even if he just a body in front of the attackers(like Mata was against Barca) the threat of him on the break is something Bayern would definitely be thinking about. PARTICULARLY after that Dortmund game

So, does that mean I will get your house on Saturday if Malouda starts?? :P

I can't imagine Sturridge starting or coming on. His greediness will go into overdrive to 'make a name for himself' and he will be a defensive liability.

I guess we'll have to see... He certainly didn't look greedy yesterday. Also its not like we have a ton of options available... He is still a top goalscorer for the club and not to mention possesses the speed to put pressure on a defense.

I'm not so sure Robbie will start both Drogba and Torres leaving the bench so bare.

I don't buy into that, A player is after playing 120 minutes of football, and is in the biggest match of their lives, infront of 70,000 spectators, roaring at him.

You can't recreate that in Cobham.

It is actually impossible to recreate the exact match atmosphere (of SB) at Cobham even if we play our next match at Stamford bridge. Now that does not mean we should stop training or should not give any special preference to PKs. It is always better to take some special preparation for the shootout IMO. I do not see it as useless or a waste of time.

I guess we'll have to see... He certainly didn't look greedy yesterday. Also its not like we have a ton of options available... He is still a top goalscorer for the club and not to mention possesses the speed to put pressure on a defense.

I'm not so sure Robbie will start both Drogba and Torres leaving the bench so bare.

On a serious note, Sturridge may have the pace but if he doesn't have the brain to use it, then it's pointless which is somewhat the case with him right now. Also, while he may have scored lots of goals for us this season, it's worth remembering that he hasn't exactly performed well in the big games and RDM hasn't trusted him in it till now either. So, don't see how that's gonna change on Saturday. At least with Malouda has experience of playing in the really big games and will be able to handle the occasion even if he may be in average form.

Should we replace Bosingwa by Essien?

NO. Essien has lost the pace to play at RB. Besides he has only played well there in a single match (against Valencia in the CL) out of many times Mou tried him there.

On a serious note, Sturridge may have the pace but if he doesn't have the brain to use it, then it's pointless which is somewhat the case with him right now. Also, while he may have scored lots of goals for us this season, it's worth remembering that he hasn't exactly performed well in the big games and RDM hasn't trusted him in it till now either. So, don't see how that's gonna change on Saturday. At least with Malouda has experience of playing in the really big games and will be able to handle the occasion even if he may be in average form.

We're splitting hairs here... Danny has the physical tools to do what is expected of him, Malouda may have the right mind but not the right attributes to execute them. Torres I just don't see starting because he's never played a game for us on the wing and its a tough place to experiment. Also the bench aspect being bare...

We can go back and forth about the pros and cons for either player, in reality neither of them are perfect fits but to me Danny makes slightly more sense than Malouda

We're splitting hairs here... Danny has the physical tools to do what is expected of him, Malouda may have the right mind but not the right attributes to execute them. Torres I just don't see starting because he's never played a game for us on the wing and its a tough place to experiment. Also the bench aspect being bare...

We can go back and forth about the pros and cons for either player, in reality neither of them are perfect fits but to me Danny makes slightly more sense than Malouda

Will have to agree to disagree here then. :)