Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I suppose most of them came in the second leg?

Not quite. 15/21 split between first and second legs. That a last 16 CL team can concede 15 shots to a midfield and attack as limp as ours was that night is astonishing. Napoli based their entire CL campaign around the acceptance that they couldn't keep a clean sheet. It didn't work for them, but if they improve that defence and retain the key figures of their current team, they are potential Finalists as they are probably the best in Europe at counter attacking.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schweinsteiger's (supposed) Nazi salute after Bayern's win over Real

Any football historians on here?.. how was Bayern Munich's relationship with the Nazi's...

Very bad. They were disolved soon after the Nazis took over because they were found by Jews who were interessted in a modern and cosmopolitan approach to football. They were amongst the first clubs who brought in foreign players and paying fair wages and all.

Whenever they play in Israel or against an Israeli team they wear a white shirt although their away kit is black, because they don´t want to resemble to SS uniforms out of respect for the victims of the Holocaust.

The other club in Munich, 1860 Munich, were the ones treated well by the Nazis because they were the opposite of Bayern Munich, only playing Bavarian footballers and being deeply rooted in that "blood and soil" ideology.

We must suport all Chelsea players and get the win in Muchen.

Then will be Allianz arena in blue colour. :D

Real Madrid hardly marked him

Did you see the amount of chances he had against Madrid? If his finishing was better, he would have been Europes top goalscorer of all time :D

if your granny had balls she'd be your granda

Since Bayern will be playing a make-shift defence, we must go for the jugular. Start Sturridge? Kalou has to play on the right cause we have Bos at RB. Cole will keep Robben in his pocket, I have no doubt about that. We could play Sturridge on the left and Mata in the middle, but Sturridge is useless on the wing and Mata can still play great there. Sturridge is only useful in the center and we should play him there as he and Kalou are the only ones that will actually run at their defence. Kalou isn't reliable against anyone but Sturridge can potentially rape the Bayern central pairing with ease.

Just my two cents, what do you guys think?

Cech

Bos - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Sturridge - Mata

Drogba

Lots of little kids on this site... You fellas need to show some respect to the opposition. Gomez is a very good striker, one we would be delighted to have if he were on our team. He is always in the right area to score and while he does miss a few he also scores a few. No one will even remember the misses if he scores in the final and I would bet if he does none of you would forget it. either. This is a massive game but I would think it more prudent to respect the opposition rather than trying to appear overconfident.

This is by no means going to be an easy game for either team we will rely on our defending and counter they will rely on their attacking and home field to get them through. No one can predict the outcome it will just come down to who wants it more.

I stand firm when I say whoever wins the midfield battle will say a lot about who wins the game...

Since Bayern will be playing a make-shift defence, we must go for the jugular. Start Sturridge? Kalou has to play on the right cause we have Bos at RB. Cole will keep Robben in his pocket, I have no doubt about that. We could play Sturridge on the left and Mata in the middle, but Sturridge is useless on the wing and Mata can still play great there. Sturridge is only useful in the center and we should play him there as he and Kalou are the only ones that will actually run at their defence. Kalou isn't reliable against anyone but Sturridge can potentially rape the Bayern central pairing with ease.

Cech

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Sturridge - Mata

Drogba

I want to join in w/ the group that supports the idea of a DD - El Nino strikeforce. I don't think RDM will do this though. I see Kalou & perhaps Malouda on the left. Or maybe we will Supa Lamps deployed on the left & Young Bertrand in the midfield like we saw vs b'burn. Man I will it was 11:30am May 19th...That will be kickoff time here in Sacramento, CA.

If we start with Sturridge and Kalou Danny will be on the left and Kalou on the right.

IF that is the case, then yeah. Was just responding to rover's lineup. However, if Malouda is fit, I would start him on the left and Kalou on the right.

Cech

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Sturridge - Mata

Drogba

I like it... We aren't going to win all of the battles its about fielding the best team given the situation. Sturridge did look good when deployed as a withdrawn striker and he could probably use his pace to wreak havoc on the middle of that Bayern defence however, moving Mata out wide has rendered him ineffectual at times. He needs to be one the ball as much as possible for us to have a chance.

I could see that lineup with both Mata and Sturridge switching from time to time