Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Not so much that, more the dramatic nature of how we lost it.

There is even more of a 'sense of occasion' for this game though. The players were peaking that season under Jose/Grant, but it was by no means their last chance to win it. This final is an accumulation of all the injustices this core group of players have suffered in this competition. It’s insulting when Bayern fans claim they want it just as much as us. Because when you say that you are speaking on behalf of the club and the players, as a collective.

spot on about that. all those years we lost due to ghost goals, penalty shootouts and the ref, we should have won atleast once. And i guess this is the last chance for the core group of Lampard Essien Cech and Drogba. If they dont win this, they will regret having reached 2 finals + 3 semis and never winning it

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the score Bayern will be up for this Evan more now. They have home advantage. I just hope we Gove it all. We have more to play for than them let's hope it shows can't believe its less than a week away!

Is it strange that this game amused me? :P

Its as if Bayern were day dreaming about the final during the entire game. Anyway, I don't think this will effect the final so much. I already expected Dortmund to win of course not by 5-2. Which the last two goals Bayern could have easily avoided. Anyway, I still don't think that this game will effect the final match at all, I just hope this serves as a wake up.

Its as if Bayern were day dreaming about the final during the entire game. Anyway, I don't think this will effect the final so much. I already expected Dortmund to win of course not by 5-2. Which the last two goals Bayern could have easily avoided. Anyway, I still don't think that this game will effect the final match at all, I just hope this serves as a wake up.

ultimately it will. not by much but it will affect because bayern played their first team. chelsea's second team were beaten by liverpool but this was bayern's full strength team. it will have some affect as the players will be rattled now.

Funny you ended your post with wake up, Because your boys will be waking up two Sundays in a row now thinking what might have been, being on the losing side twice.

ultimately it will. not by much but it will affect because bayern played their first team. chelsea's second team were beaten by liverpool but this was bayern's full strength team. it will have some affect as the players will be rattled now.

I honestly think Jupp Heynckes purposely had his team play softly.

The way the defense seemed careless made it obvious. I just hope Boateng gets his shit together tbh

The way the defense seemed careless made it obvious. I just hope Boateng gets his shit together tbh

That would be a little dim. Perfect practice makes perfect. If this was a dress rehearsal for the CL, playing softly is not the way to prepare for the big show. That's a good way to reinforce bad habits. Habits I hope Bayern reinforced very strongly today. :D

Those saying Chelsea are better than Dortmund - come off it. Hopefully the players themselves don't take too much cognizance of last night's game and instead concentrate their energies on delivering one perfect collective performance on Saturday night. We will need it, be sure.

Those saying Chelsea are better than Dortmund - come off it. Hopefully the players themselves don't take too much cognizance of last night's game and instead concentrate their energies on delivering one perfect collective performance on Saturday night. We will need it, be sure.

this

I don't think he'd do that. Losing a cup final is a huge morale deflator, especially if you concede 5 in the process.

I don't think he'd do that. Losing a cup final is a huge morale deflator, especially if you concede 5 in the process.

Well, I think he knew that we were never going to beat Dortmund. And I agree as it is a huge morale deflator for Bayer, but Im sure Jupp doesnt want his return to Bayern to be trophyless. He knows if he told his team to put it all, they would not have won.

Off topic but I really respect Dortmund as a club, they deserved it 100%, they went from nothing to world all in the process of just one season, and they turn young players and rejects into stars! I really hope they can perform the same in Europe.

Certainly was interesting. Now, what's he going to do? Go left? What if Neuer anticipates that and goes left? Nightmare.

If we do get a pen, I am willing to bet my house that Frank will blast it down the middle. He always does in big occasions.