Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayern lost 5-2 hahaha, i think chelsea is better than dortmund. we should win the final no doubt.

For other part, Essien must play the final, i don't know why everybody prefers mikel

A controversial post. :ph34r:

Ouch! Not a good game at all for us. Dortmund have terrificly fast counter-attacks and they ripped our defensive midfield and defense up completely. Hats off for them, though the result is a bit flattering for them (they only had 6 shots on goal).

i think chelsea is better than dortmund

Dortmund's Hummels wouldn't quite agree with this. Before today's cup final he said that they "are the best team ever". Of course, this is plain BS, but I also don't think there's any other team in the world that's so great at counter attacks. They repeatedly went from GK to being 1-on-1 with Neuer with just three passes. While Chelsea definitely has better quality than Dortmund, there's no way you guys could counter-attack as fast as Dortmund. At least we really hope not, given that van Buyten may even play in the final.

Ouch! Not a good game at all for us. Dortmund have terrificly fast counter-attacks and they ripped our defensive midfield and defense up completely. Hats off for them, though the result is a bit flattering for them (they only had 6 shots on goal).

Dortmund's Hummels wouldn't quite agree with this. Before today's cup final he said that they "are the best team ever". Of course, this is plain BS, but I also don't think there's any other team in the world that's so great at counter attacks. They repeatedly went from GK to being 1-on-1 with Neuer with just three passes. While Chelsea definitely has better quality than Dortmund, there's no way you guys could counter-attack as fast as Dortmund. At least we really hope not, given that van Buyten may even play in the final.

We will utilize the counter attack for sure but I don't think that is where the game will be won or lost. Whichever team wins the midfield battle will prevail IMO, Kroos, Bastian and Muller(?) vs. Lamps, Mikel and Mata... I believe you have more attacking zeal but we have more steel, whichever comes to the forefront will decide the contest.

o and we are def going to play counter attack, i think our team can be very fast on the break..ramires is a huge miss because he would have destroyed bayern but i still think that we can counter attack with kalou, mata and drogba..using malouda as an outside left for crosses. i think malouda's job is going to be stopping robben and passing to more creative players.

i dont take too much of today into the final because obviously bayern are at home, but one thing i will take is the way they play which is from the back might suit us given that we are a counter attacking team.

Ask Barcelona ahahah, in the first gol of the 1st leg, the goal of chelsea was incredible, 3 touch and gol, fast and simple

This is bad! Really Bad!

Our whole season is based around teams getting dicked a game or 2 before us, then all of a sudden they show up big time when they play us.

Wigan 4 Newcastle 0

A week later: Newcastle 2 Chelsea 0

Don't think we can judge the final based off this game..they are in the final for a reason.

This is bad! Really Bad!

Our whole season is based around teams getting dicked a game or 2 before us, then all of a sudden they show up big time when they play us.

Wigan 4 Newcastle 0

A week later: Newcastle 2 Chelsea 0

Don't think we can judge the final based off this game..they are in the final for a reason.

Guess what? SO ARE WE!!

Barca:Real 1:2

Barca:Chelsea 2:2

---

Rivals cause huge dissapointment in players after defeats. And 5:2 is not something Lahm and co. wouldnt care

But every match is new and there are 50:50 chances

This game realy shows nothing for CL, but I am still more pleased Bayern lost 5:2 than in case they would win 5:2...

A loss is a loss granted but 5-2, in a final, with their best team? wow.... we can all debate if this will be bad for us or not but i think it can only be good for us surely. If Bayern won 5-2 we'd all be laying bricks in the toilet but now they've lost and in style, their heads will have gone down slightly and ours lifted big time. This is a fantastic result for us. It doesn't mean we will win the final but it certainly gives us more confidence and therefore imo more chance. They have no chance to bounce back and get themselves in top form for the final now, the final will be on the back of a hammering in a cup final. Love it.

Dortmund have always been my favourite team in Germany, have an old shirt of theirs too from '97 ish. Dortmund now beat Bayern 3 times this season.

Di Matteo’s tactical preparations for the Champions League final have already started and he will fly to Berlin on Saturday to watch Bayern in the German Cup final.

Jupp Heynckes’ team face Borussia Dortmund at the Olympic Stadium and Di Matteo will make the dash on a private jet.

Must've thoroughly enjoyed his trip