Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

His Madrid goal was a tap in, and the others were scored in the group stage. 4 of his 12 CL goals came in the 7-0 win over Basel, and Bayern were already 3-0 up before he scored.

The only big goal he has scored this season was the opener away at Marseille, and a scrappy shin from about 3 yards in the Madrid game.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Madrid goal was a tap in, and the others were scored in the group stage. 4 of his 12 CL goals came in the 7-0 win over Basel, and Bayern were already 3-0 up before he scored.

The only big goal he has scored this season was the opener away at Marseille, and a scrappy shin from about 3 yards in the Madrid game.

That's what he does, he scores goals. His positioning and movement is incredible, which allows him to score those tap ins. And I was talking about his overall goal-scoring record in the CL.

Nobody's saying he's an amazing all-round footballer but he's an amazing goal-scorer. I'd love to have someone in our team who scores 40 tap ins per season.

That's what he does, he scores goals. His positioning and movement is incredible, which allows him to score those tap ins. And I was talking about his overall goal-scoring record in the CL.

Nobody's saying he's an amazing all-round footballer but he's an amazing goal-scorer. I'd love to have someone in our team who scores 40 tap ins per season.

Fair enough, but I am of the opinion he'll be a red herring.

One of the best and truest posts I've ever read about Gomez, and it isn't even on a Bayern forum. Couldn't agree more.

As for his ability to perform in the big games: the CL matches are the big games. Those are the only matches where the whole team plays with 100% motivation. I wouldn't say Bayern are bored of winning domestic competitions, but it's not too far off. He scored 12 goals in some 9.5 matches so far. Whether or not he dribbles past 6 players before scoring, it still counts as 1 goal at the end of the day.

Nerves are kicking in already.. I've been nothing but nervous in all the big games Chelsea have played this season: United, Arsenal, Valencia at the Bridge, City, FA Cup Final, Newcastle, Napoli and Barcelona.

The ref for the final has been picked, Pedro Proença from Portugal.

A heads up from the 'motherland'... this ref is the symbol of corruption in our country. You've been warned, that man and his team always defend one side of the game in the interest of their pockets. Good luck for the final, and I dearly hope to see a good game without the typical tricks this master of magic usually pulls...

A heads up from the 'motherland'... this ref is the symbol of corruption in our country. You've been warned, that man and his team always defend one side of the game in the interest of their pockets. Good luck for the final, and I dearly hope to see a good game without the typical tricks this master of magic usually pulls...

Oh great, the good news just keeps rolling in.

oh-god-why.jpg

I honestly think Jupp Heynckes purposely had his team play softly.

The way the defense seemed careless made it obvious. I just hope Boateng gets his shit together tbh

If a manager tells his players to play softly, then he needs to be sacked. No manager in whatever sport is ever going to tell his team to play soft let alone in a final.

Why not play your fringe players instead and make them play "hard".....

How do you know their interests don't lie in Chelsea winning? Maybe Roman's coughing up the big bucks after the '09 debacle, lol.