Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayern played like the DFB Cup wasn't worth getting up for. Chelsea in the FA Cup played like that one and the CL final are all they'll ever have to play for. I like that the Blues think every trophy is worth it. We won't have to manufacture intensity. Nous somme prets. We are ready!

Bayern were pretty average tonight. Their defence looked real dodgy even with their first choice back 4. It felt as if they already had their minds on the Champions League final and suspect they may be even under more pressure to win it next weekend, especially with the game being played at their own ground. That said, Bayern will definitely play better next week, with a makeshit defence or not. Need our players to step up and be counted if we are to succeed.

Right, I think I have cracked how Chelsea can beat Bayern.

401709_Chelsea.jpg

Or you could get James Connolloy in the Bayern dressing room and make sure the squad kill themselves as he rants on about all Celtics history nobody cares about.

Lahm and Ribery played really well. Others not so good. I am not getting carried away but this is giving me more confidence. I think Drogba and Torres (or even Sturridge) can exploit their defense. Obviously, we need to keep it extremely tight for Ribery, and robben. Defending deep, long balls chased down by pacy players with clinical finishing can do the job. Hope it happens.

These boys are gonna be very VERY angry after this. Dortmund really impressed me tonight and are well worth their win but the problem is we dont play half as fluently as that but it still gives hope to see Munich suffer such a defeat

ps should say that Riberys piece of brilliance for his goal was what we need to be on top of all night

Anger doesn't lead to the best brand of football... This is a crushing defeat to a big rival I would think if anything it will take some wind out of their sails.

Anger doesn't lead to the best brand of football... This is a crushing defeat to a big rival I would think if anything it will take some wind out of their sails.

It could be work for us or against us. Best not to take Bayern's result tonight too much into next week.

We conceded 4 with reserves in a game that didn't matter, they conceded 5 with their best team in a cup final. But it needs to be said that Dortmund are far better than this livershit joke we played against.

First time Bayern has allowed 5 since early 2009, the game before they vs. us.

Has to be debilitating, losing to your closest domestic rival soundly in a cup final. Neuer will be rattled for sure and knowing that two of their defenders will be out? Didier has to be charged up knowing this

Bayern were pretty average tonight. Their defence looked real dodgy even with their first choice back 4. It felt as if they already had their minds on the Champions League final and suspect they may be even under more pressure to win it next weekend, especially with the game being played at their own ground. That said, Bayern will definitely play better next week, with a makeshit defence or not. Need our players to step up and be counted if we are to succeed.

Good point, I think they are definitely under more pressure than our team....

I don't see how it's possible not to step up and be counted in a game like this.. .

I believe we'll win it.

It could be work for us or against us. Best not to take Bayern's result tonight too much into next week.

Its human nature it may not have a major impact but to say it won't have any is a stretch... They are a young team who just lost a cup final and surrendered the most goals in a loss since 2009. That has to be viewed as a positive... How much of one is definitely in question