The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

None of Roma, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich have looked particularly convincing in the Champions League. Won't be surprised one bit if Liverpool managed to go all the way. Comes down to who can maintain decent form over the 3 games.
They'll win it if their front three stay fit.

Just now, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Jason said:
None of Roma, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich have looked particularly convincing in the Champions League. Won't be surprised one bit if Liverpool managed to go all the way. Comes down to who can maintain decent form over the 3 games.

They'll win it if their front three stay fit.

Need to impose a football blackout if that happens!

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Depends if they manage to smash up the opposing teams buses

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

FFS, Real Madrid! They're our best hope of stopping Liverpool in my mind and they're choking.

I want Liverpool to win the CL. Premier League side winning PL will only be good for Premier League, and Liverpool lack the cunts they used to have years ago.

12 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I want Liverpool to win the CL. Premier League side winning PL will only be good for Premier League, and Liverpool lack the cunts they used to have years ago.

True that Liverpool don't have any terrible cunts playing for them, but the media frenzy them winning it would bring would be unbearable. They also have the worst fanbase of any PL club. Liverpool winning the CL again after being in the wilderness for so many years would be a story for ages. Especially with the massive hard on the media already have with Klopp.

Just disgusting seeing a side we finished miles in front of last season completely shoot by us like this and leave us in the dust. I hope they get battered and embarrassed but have a feeling they'll Salah themselves all the way and win. :middlefinger:

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Fishy penalty, but let's be honest, you are stupid for doing a reckless challenge like that in the box. 

Two hands in the back and a kick around the side. Only reason it is up for debate is because of when it happened. 

That is 1000% a penalty. You could pull him up for so many infractions on the one play. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Two hands in the back and a kick around the side. Only reason it is up for debate is because of when it happened. 

That is 1000% a penalty. You could pull him up for so many infractions on the one play. 

I think he pushes Ronaldo.
When the defender kicks the ball to the keeper it's legal but he had already pushed.

Buffon should've been mad at Benatia, not the ref.

If Benatia had done just a little body-check, it would push Real's player out of a balance, giving Buffon chance to defend correctly. But no, Benatia had lift his leg, catching player's chest and side before (if even) catching the ball. Also, both hands at the back...

It's pitty, I wanted Juventus to advance. Because Messi is better than this central-forward guy CR, nothing else. :D 

9 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

If we finish 4th ahead of Liverpool and they win the UCL, what will happen?

not that it is a real case scenario :D but there would be 5 English teams in the next season's CL campaign

That Arsenal v Atletico Madrid tie is an interesting one. If Atletico set out to be defensive, negative like they sometimes do against the big sides, then I don't see why Arsenal can't beat them to reach the final, especially if they can win by a few goals in the first leg. Atletico did after all get dominated, out-thought and out-fought by us in both group stage games this season! But if they play aggressive and on the front foot like we know they can, then they can definitely knock them out. Hope Costa can find his form again. No goals in 6 games but apparently picked up an injury yesterday.