The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

6 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Can someone tell me the most expensive player in Roma squad... yet our manager will never stop moaning about the quality of the squad.... 

Our manager wanted 2 of those players: Dzeko and Nainggolan.

wow wow wow, this is the beauty of the Champions League, Roma just did the unthinkable, fuck Barca :D and Liverpool were magnificent against City over the 2 legs, fuck City too. Our players should take a very good look at themselves and learn a thing or two about commitment, desire, intensity and organization. Conte just take note

it will be a very interesting semi final no doubt, mouth watering matches await, im not even going to predict a winner. Cheers

Anyone but Liverpool now. We won't hear the end of it for 20 years if they win this shit.

Anyways, so much for this historic, "best PL side in history" Man City side. Their season will end no better than our did last season, really. Their season will be remembered just like any random title winning season. Nothing extraordinary.

14 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

3 big, big defeats for Man City in the space of 6 days.

That's one (valid IMO) criticism Guardiola gets: his teams only play one way and there is no plan 'B'.

Thankfully for him, it does work most times, esp in long championships where these slumps only cost a few points. The issue for City however, is that despite all the money they spent, and having some great players (some quite young too), they also have a few duds.

Fernandinho for me is a 'no'. I'm brazilian (originally) and dislike his game very much so. Otamendi is not good enough on the ball at this level, and like Cahill, it hurts him at times. Sometimes it's not about the number of mistakes one makes, but rather the skill level to handle difficult situations. Walker, so far, has been a complete flop at this level - looks completely out of his depth.

Just now, Pizy said:

Anyone but Liverpool now. We won't hear the end of it for 20 years if they win this shit.

Anyways, so much for this historic, "best PL side in history" Man City side. Their season will end no better than our did last season, really. Their season will be remembered just like any random title winning season. Nothing extraordinary.

I bloody hope so.... Can see it happening though.. Yay... 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

agree, no Liverpool pls, i rather Roma clinch it, but you just feel it will be Bayern or Real

Klopp just showed what as a manager you can do to take a team with average players( so you would think) to turn them into a great team!

Our players should hang in shame. Also helps when you have a manager that doesn't complaint too much and is up for a challenge.

13 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Our manager wanted 2 of those players: Dzeko and Nainggolan.

only naingollan not both...and he is not their best player anymore... I guess our manager also wanted two of Liverpool player... 

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

argh, i totally forgot about them, that would be great too, lets hope so.

I definitely don't do that support the English teams in Europe shit lol. Don't any other time so hardly gana change just cause

Love this from Roma.. Sums it up 

Screenshot_20180410-222240.png

45 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Klopp just showed what as a manager you can do to take a team with average players( so you would think) to turn them into a great team!

Our players should hang in shame. Also helps when you have a manager that doesn't complaint too much and is up for a challenge.

heh there is nothing average about salah these days (further proof to be coming in the summer): he makes everyone around him better. And FIrmino is an excellent striker - bulked up nicely which allied to his good technique makes him a handful. Good players with good technique who can move and be physical makes them a good side.

I still think it's a one-player team. If Salah is suspended or injured, they will be in big trouble. Out of the 5 goals they scored against City, he scored 2 and assisted another... and the most important ones at that.

Roma showed that you can only win a game if you play to win. Give yourself a fucking chance to be in a special day....