The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

De Bruyne and Silva are looking very average tonight. 

True.

wouldnt use the word average for Fernandinho, otamendi, walker, and sane though. :)

Need a goal here to make second leg interesting. As much as I think Liverpool is not good enough without salah, they will not concede 3 goals in the second leg.

This is what I call a perfect game. As much as I despise their fans this is a fantastic game by Pool and Klopp. A perfect game is not when you trying to scrape 1-0 at HOME with only 25% ball possession and speculative long range strikes. 

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

The fans with 'dignity and respect'

Oooo the magic of Anfield.. Shame City played so shir! Hopefully they can somehow turn it round but doubt it... If not.. Hopefully whoever is next. Thought of them winning it go on and on and on and on and on

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Really sums em' up. Anyway I'm out. It's obvious to anyone with common sense and half a brain. 

While I also dislike Conte's tactics, there is the plan and there is the execution of the plan. It's much easier said than done.

It takes a certain set of players to execute high pressure for a 45min like Liverpool did today. Their attacking players have much higher work rate than ours and can keep on chasing and hustling the opposition.

Besides, while that prevented City from playing, and also gave them the football in good positions, Liverpool still had the quality (esp Salah) to both create and finish the chances. It doesn't matter how well you play or execute a plan if you can't finish off the chances and win the match.

If some think our forwards have the workrate to press like Liverpool then they are deluded....Conte does employ high press in some moments in the match....We played  attacking football in barcelona's second leg.....Conte likes to have balanced style which suits best for our team..Games against Man City are the only ones i blame conte...How many times we have seen conte on touchline instructing the team to press only to be ignored?...The current team does not have stamina and workrate to do that

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

If some think our forwards have the workrate to press like Liverpool then they are deluded....Conte does employ high press in some moments in the match....We played  attacking football in barcelona's second leg.....Conte likes to have balanced style which suits best for our team..Games against Man City are the only ones i blame conte...How many times we have seen conte on touchline instructing the team to press only to be ignored?...The current team does not have stamina and workrate to do that

trash.... 

27 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Oooo the magic of Anfield.

Did you here what Pep said ? 

'I know that this (the coach attack) is not Liverpool, the history of the club is much bigger than this four or five or 10 guys.'

Yeah 4 or 5 guys was it that killed 39 Italians 

Beats me how we can never play like this. Ever. We never have a serious go at this kind of opponents, no matter if Mourinho, Conte, Ancelotti or anyone else is our manager. 

Why can't we have that kind of approach? 

I switched BT Sport on about 7:20 and saw Gerrard sat next to Frank, I immediately switched it off until 2 minutes from kick off. When I switched it back on as the players were coming out of the tunnel, and up to the point of kick off, they must of said "Special night at Anfield" ten times, makes me fucking sick hearing Liverpool constantly get bum raped by the media.

I also thought is absolute cringe worthy watching the banks of Liverpool fans outside on the streets with red flares and shotting stuff at their bus.

Fucking hate them.

Beats me how we can never play like this. Ever. We never have a serious go at this kind of opponents, no matter if Mourinho, Conte, Ancelotti or anyone else is our manager. 

Why can't we have that kind of approach? 

We have had managers that are cautious and aren't know to be gung-ho. Let's not forget this Liverpool side lost 5-0 at City this season