The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This is Liverpool's xi for the game btw:

DZ9MrHOWAAAUBl3.jpg:large

Just goes to show. IF we can get a mobile and dynamic partner for Kante, I honestly feel that we're right back to being a genuinely competitive side (even with our other flaws still being present). Well..... if our coach (Conte or whoever) doesn't decide to throw an almost season-long strop when he doesn't suddenly acquire an all-star 11 in the summer, and thereby erode player confidence-levels over the course of the season.

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Yeah, okay. They lost Coutinho and barely even felt it. Klopp isn't a manager that gets carried by one single player. It's his footballing philosophy that makes his teams' so dangerous.

Salah is literally twice the player. Coutinho is a great player, but salah right now is a top player,  luiz Suarez level... can’t really understand how some here don’t see it - will they see it when salah is at RM next season?

Just now, Robguima said:

Salah is literally twice the player. Coutinho is a great player, but salah right now is a top player,  luiz Suarez level... can’t really understand how some here don’t see it - will they see it when salah is at RM next season?

That is a bunch of rubbish mate. Sorry

2 minutes ago, WNDS said:

Just goes to show. IF we can get a mobile and dynamic partner for Kante, I honestly feel that we're right back to being a genuinely competitive side (even with our other flaws still being present). Well..... if our coach (Conte or whoever) doesn't decide to throw an almost season-long strop when he doesn't suddenly acquire an all-star 11 in the summer, and thereby erode player confidence levels over the course of the season.

He also did the same thing at Juventus. I used to think differently of Conte but this season he's shown me he's just another Mourinho 2.0, the only clear differences being his team plays better football against the weaker teams and obviously the 3 at the back system with wingbacks. Conte is just as negative and insufferable. I now see him in my view as the 5th best manager in the league. 

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

That doesn't make much sense. We're talking about the 2017/18 season in which Conte has been outcoached by Pep, Poch, Klopp and Jose. "Football matches are situational". That's just a cliche/buzzword that means nothing. So because every manager has good and bad times we shouldn't criticize Conte's bad times? What are you talking about.

Criticize all you want, I meant we shouldn't be saying Manager A is better than Manager B based on 1 match from a tie that hasn't even ended yet. Klopp has lost to many lower sides in the past. If a manager manages to beat City it doesn't automatically mean he'd succeed at Chelsea.

Would you trade positions right now with Man City or Liverpool? You have positives on either side, and I bet that last season thousands of Liverpool fans would trade their team's place for Conte's. I've heard many of them regularly slating Klopp since the moment he arrived. 

I can argue on whether Conte was out-coached by some of those Manager, but I gotta watch the 2nd half.

Just now, Azpinator said:

Criticize all you want, I meant we shouldn't be saying Manager A is better than Manager B based on 1 match from a tie that hasn't even ended yet. Klopp has lost to many lower sides in the past. If a manager manages to beat City it doesn't automatically mean he'd succeed at Chelsea.

Would you trade positions right now with Man City or Liverpool? You have positives on either side, and I bet that last season thousands of Liverpool fans would trade their team's place for Conte's. I've heard many of them regularly slating Klopp since the moment he arrived. 

I can argue on whether Conte was out-coached by some of those Manager, but I gotta watch the 2nd half.

Some fans are fickle though. There's been urgh Klopp and now all is well be forgotten. Spon as rough patch should it happen then oh maybe he should go. 

6 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He also did the same thing at Juventus. I used to think differently of Conte but this season he's shown me he's just another Mourinho 2.0, the only clear differences being his team plays better football against the weaker teams and obviously the 3 at the back system with wingbacks. Conte is just as negative and insufferable. I now see him in my view as the 5th best manager in the league. 

This has been my problem with him all season; as I mentioned above, the board carries some of the blame as well, but complaining about the quality of his squad to the media at almost EVERY given opportunity was something he did in his final season at Juventus. Juventus. A club that CAN (it's true) be a little tight at times, but who generally have the knack of sniffing-out good-value deals that enhance the squad.

Conte looked rather foolish when he left. Allegri came in, took the players Conte didn't want, added those new aquisitions he wasn't keen on either, and proptly made them a very competitive outfit who reached two CL finals.

46 minutes ago, WNDS said:

Exactly. It's pure hype-fuelled BS when people claim that we 'need' the best-of-the-best to compete.

Look at that Liverpool midfield; look at it! Chelsea fans would be having a real tantrum if we were putting that out against anyone better than Watford, and yet look at what they are capable of producing in the right set-up, with the proper coaching, and with the correct mentality.

The board bear some of the blame for what has happened this season, sure, but Conte's endless 'need' to emphasise our squad's apparent inferiority at every opportunity appears to have been the key ingredient to our failure so far this season. Enough. We have Hazard, Kante, and Azpilicueta, all of whom can be supported quite ably by players like Morata, Giroud, Willian, Alonso, Christensen, and Rudiger. Our squad has some (serious) flaws in it, no question, but it is SO much better than Conte has made it seem to be for the majority of this season.

don't mind the fans that buy into conte philosophy of moaning about players transfer... Just look at Liverpool XI and they ain't afraid to take the game to City unlike our very conte who will moan and keep 10 players behind the ball while playing our best player in false nine position...our board has their absolute flaws but conte moaning is absolutely acidic... Imagine Liverpool midfield...jist imagine....by conte ideaology City should be smashing Liverpool...again look at Arnold nobody playing right back for klopp while clyne is sitting out on bench..conte will rather keep Dujon sterling and Emerson to rot on bench while playing Moses and Alonso we all know will end up disastrous ...

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

De Bruyne and Silva are looking very average tonight. 

That's what happens when you get in their faces and don't give them time or space to breath, when you're brave and have a brave manager. Other managers already anticipate suffering against teams like City and Barca