The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Dzeko is City's third-choice striker at the moment, but he's so much better than anyone we have there. Doing a very good job for the team tonight, albeit without a goal so far.

I really wanted him in the summer, but was surprised that there was no interest what so ever from us despite the rumors that he was ready to leave City. Hard working physical striker who can link-up is my type of ST!

Pellegrini just said on SSN that he didn't understand how the H2H and GD rules work in the group stage and in turn, not knowing he only needed 1 more goal to win the group. Hence why he didn't put Aguero on (and took Dzeko off for Rodwell!) as he thought City needed two more. :lol: :lol:

LMAO I tweeted something about City not knowing that a goal would take them top of the group, but I was just making fun of their attitude after the third goal I never imagined that it would actually be true! :lol:

A great result for Citeh. After all, it proves that Bayern is not unbeatable as most people think.

A big boost to Citeh morale just ahead of the clash with the goons.

IMO Pep made them more beatable.

Still one of the top clubs, tearing up the Bundesliga.

LMAO I tweeted something about City not knowing that a goal would take them top of the group, but I was just making fun of their attitude after the third goal I never imagined that it would actually be true! :lol:

Ridiculous to think that no one from his backroom staff told him about this or not checking anything about this beforehand!

We cant face English teams, Zenit and Milan are not great (imo) and Leverkusen is beatable...

I'm well aware that we can't be drawn against an English team, I was talking about the round of 16 in general.

And despite not being all that great at the moment, teams like Milan and Zenit are still much harder opponents to anyone than some of the second placed teams there have been in previous years. And despite a mediocre United team raping them a couple of weeks ago Leverkusen are a team to be taken seriously, they've been consistently great for over a year now, especially this season in the Bundesliga. They are beatable, yes, but definitely not a pushover.

In my opinion the CL has been a much tougher competition these past few years than it was before, might be because some quality teams are only now making their way back to the European elite as well as some new up-and-comers and none of these are still nowhere near top seeded teams in the group stages. It's hilarious to think that clubs like Benfica and Porto are always in Pot 1 for the draw but then there are teams like PSG, City, Dortmund, Juventus and Napoli most of whom are in Pots 3 or 4.

We have to consider the top 4 the top 3 again.

We can't ignore the possibility of United doing what we did in 2012.

yeah i was thinking about that too

as long as mu are in the CL there's no top 4 only top 3

will the Gala-Juve game resume from the start or where it stopped?

Personally, I would not worry about Citeh, Manures or Arsenal now. None of these teams are capable to win the CL, at least on paper. If Hamsik plays tonight, the goons are getting clobbered. Manures are going nowhere from now on. Citeh do have a chance, it all depends whom they play in the last 16 teams. As for Chelsea, an outside chance to go a bit further, but that´s all she wrote. Unless 2 top players are bought in January. Who knows.

yeah i was thinking about that too

as long as mu are in the CL there's no top 4 only top 3

will the Gala-Juve game resume from the start or where it stopped?

From BBC sport:

"Champions League regulations state the remaining match time will be played, rather than replaying the whole match, although more snow is forecast in Istanbul on Wednesday"

The bayern vs mancity game just reminded me of us against stoke city.

Bayern dominated the first half, city score one and get into the game and bayern miss chances to kill it off.

2nd half city get a cheap penalty (like petr cech mistake) and they are level. Bayern push forward more and concede a third on the counter.

Ribery playing like hazard sometimes, so many dribbles but no shots. Reminding them why robben is so important.

Glad bayern lost, they were getting too arrogant. Mancity rested their players for arsenal so a win-win for us.

Let's hope we turn up today and top our group. Finishing the game off early would be nice so that KDB can get some game time.

The bayern vs mancity game just reminded me of us against stoke city.

Bayern dominated the first half, city score one and get into the game and bayern miss chances to kill it off.

2nd half city get a cheap penalty (like petr cech mistake) and they are level. Bayern push forward more and concede a third on the counter.

Ribery playing like hazard sometimes, so many dribbles but no shots. Reminding them why robben is so important.

Glad bayern lost, they were getting too arrogant. Mancity rested their players for arsenal so a win-win for us.

Let's hope we turn up today and top our group. Finishing the game off early would be nice so that KDB can get some game time.

Tbh any result will do us good on Saturday since both clubs are title rivals (in which case maybe a draw's good)