The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

No way!!!

I hope City wins it, but they must NOT trash Barcelona...

City needs to lose focus on the EPL, so a tough 2 matches against Barcelona is everything we can wish for!

yeah this. but beat them senseless in the 2nd leg

While you're at it, hope Arsenal somehow get past Bayern too.

tough. need a good deal of luck

City is our only competitor. So I hope they have a tough and very competitive 2 matches.

As far as arsenal go, they are opposite of city. They produce results in bulk. Either they go on a winning spree or a point dropping spree. With podolski, ox coming back from injuries, I don't know how big a difference it woukd make on them. So I woukd definiteky hope for them to get absoluteky slaughtered by bayern.

I want city and arsenal out, the look on wengers face on another trophyless season is priceless. We can cope with the league, champs lge is not every week.

Same but later in the competition. If City and/or Arsenal get KOed now, they can pretty much focus on the league while we can't (assuming we beat Galatasaray), even if we can cope. The amount of fixtures and mental focus here can make a huge difference.

Same but later in the competition. If City and/or Arsenal get KOed now, they can pretty much focus on the league while we can't (assuming we beat Galatasaray), even if we can cope. The amount of fixtures and mental focus here can make a huge difference.

Well even if they would be focused in the league, they are unlucky to get drawn against barca and bayern.

They don't stand a chance in the tie anyways imo. Possession football from barcelona renders city's sexy football useless. So I want them to be battered while they are going out, so I can have a laugh.

Bayer Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain 1-2
Manchester City v Barcelona 2-2
AC Milan v Atletico Madrid 0-0
Arsenal v Bayern Munich 1-2
Zenit v. Borussia Dortmund 1-1
Olympiakos v Manchester United 0-2
Galatasaray v Chelsea 0-2
Schalke v Real Madrid 0-3

Really? I see Atletico destroying Milan home and away! Milan are woeful.

Well even if they would be focused in the league, they are unlucky to get drawn against barca and bayern.

They don't stand a chance in the tie anyways imo. Possession football from barcelona renders city's sexy football useless. So I want them to be battered while they are going out, so I can have a laugh.

Anyone who watches Barcelona these days will know they are not all about possession football anymore and the defence is even more hopeless than before, it that wasn't the case already, which City can definitely exploit. And the way City setup and played against us on Saturday showed they can mix it up and play on the break. It was almost if they were experimenting that against us then...

Anyone who watches Barcelona these days will know they are not all about possession football anymore and the defence is even more hopeless than before, it that wasn't the case already, which City can definitely exploit. And the way City setup and played against us on Saturday showed they can mix it up and play on the break. It was almost if they were experimenting that against us then...

Pellegrini could be naïve and play 2 strikers and barcelona will kill them in the middle.

Against us, they let us have the ball in the 2nd half and it worked for them, but that's exactly what barca are suited for, city players will run, till they are tired. They are used to having the ball, so they are not prepared to chase it, imagine yaya chasing iniesta around :D They'll be far better than us on the ball, I don't think using our game will be the best example, because we were playing so slow and clueless in possession. And if they couldn't handle hazard 2 weeks ago when we were fully fresh, they should get ready for one little 4 time world best player. City only have a chance because they are very clinical.

Pellegrini could be naïve and play 2 strikers and barcelona will kill them in the middle.

Against us, they let us have the ball in the 2nd half and it worked for them, but that's exactly what barca are suited for, city players will run, till they are tired. They are used to having the ball, so they are not prepared to chase it, imagine yaya chasing iniesta around :D They'll be far better than us on the ball, I don't think using our game will be the best example, because we were playing so slow and clueless in possession. And if they couldn't handle hazard 2 weeks ago when we were fully fresh, they should get ready for one little 4 time world best player. City only have a chance because they are very clinical.

Pellegrini will really be an idiot if he plays 2 STs again after getting torn apart by Bayern and us because he played a 4-4-2.

No against us, City practically sat back, defend and played on the counter even in the first half. It's because they did that, we couldn't create much. They pressed, hurried, tackled and intercepted our passes and we ended up couldn't do anything. They couldn't handled us two weeks ago because they were simply too attack minded which resulted in them being open and susceptible to counter attacks. City changed their approach against us on Saturday and they looked much better, never mind the stupid overused excuse of tiredness. Also, just because they are used to having the ball doesn't mean they can't tweak their approach to play on the counter. It's ridiculous to suggest so. I simply used that game as an example on a broader scale that they can be adaptable. Even we, United, Bayern etc all used to have tons of possession in most of our games but still capable of being defensive and play on the counter when coming up against a team like Barcelona.