The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I think it was. I think he just accidentally clips his ankle. Unlucky, but a foul and hence a red card.

The standard for red cards is getting worse by the season...

Strikers start diving with minimal contact and the ref rewards them by giving the opposing defender a red card...

The standard for red cards is getting worse by the season...

Strikers start diving with minimal contact and the ref rewards them by giving the opposing defender a red card...

I get your point. I'm someone who is much more annoyed by diving than the the average football fan (I'm even more annoyed if my team is diving). I think it is disgusting that "looking for contact" is now part of the game. There is a real danger of the game becoming much less of a contact sport. But at the same time, defenders are also learning new ways of making fouls that refs can't see and that is becoming part of the game as well, unfortunately.

Luckily, it is still a million times better in England than the rest of Europe or even south america.

Regarding Ramos' red card, I am annoyed that the Galatasaray player made the most of that contact, but if you want to go "by the book", it's a sending off. Honestly, what the Turkish player did there was the least of what an average striker does nowadays. (Plus, I think Ramos is an overrated c*nt, so he deserves to be sent off :P)

• 2 weeks later...