Alvaro Negredo

Justin_3d

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of Negrado especially his age 27 ?? Was not impressed by him at the euros at all, I cnt still get over the fact tht he was behind a miss firing torres so it tells you a lot about him

To be fair, considering Spain played mostly without a striker in the Euro's and when they didn't it was Torres up front, you can't really judge his based on that tournament.

I'm actually delighted about this signing. It makes a lot of sense. I don't expect Negredo to be on very high wages either. Most of our team can speak Spanish so it would help a lot with communication on the pitch, which is important. I can see him grabbing a lot of goals for us.

Not a big fan of Negrado especially his age 27 ?? Was not impressed by him at the euros at all, I cnt still get over the fact tht he was behind a miss firing torres so it tells you a lot about him

Jesus since when was 27 considered too old?

It's not FM or FIFA - we can have 'prime age' players too :)

Successful teams blend Youth+Experience - we need to do that :)

BA's greedy agents have blown it, so f**k him and hello (possibly) this guy ;)

Don't know a great deal about this guy but what I have seen from him.. he simply isn't good enough though some players do surprise wheb put into a bigger and better team.

Havent seen anything about him today (have been recovering in bed most of the day mind you) is this a goer or just the usual red top bullshit

I wouldn't believe either.m just wait until a deal is done. That is the only concrete answer you will get!

I wouldn't be against this transfer for the right price. I think people look at his goalscoring record which is good but not great and immediately decide he won't be good enough.

However sometimes you have to look past stats and consider that some players are right for some teams. He is a strong unit, capable of winning a lot of headers which immediately gives us a much better target man option to Torres and threat for crosses into the box. He is also deceptively skillful - I'm not comparing him to Berbatov but he has a bit of that style within him, where he can hold a ball up and produce a bit of skill to bring another player into the game.

We have goals from lots of different positions on the pitch so we don't necessarily need a 30 goal striker who we suddenly become reliant upon. Somebody like Negredo would hopefully chip in with 15-20 goals a season in all competitions but bring an alternative to what we currently have in the squad. If he is available for under £15m he would be a decent option to pursue.

I think Alvaro would be a good addition to the team for a number of reasons:

- Savilla are among the Spanish clubs which are financially unstable. Therefore, the transfer wouldn't turn into a saga like we has with clubs like Benfica.

- His integration into the team would cause far less hassle in comparison to a bigger name signing and personally think Ba would be fussy about not starting games.

- to be frank, I wasn't impressed with Negredo while he was playing for Spain but with Savilla he is a totally different player,which is the type of players that we could use up front

in the end, my personal opinion is that Negredo would be a better option for us than Ba

Description of his game from WhoScored.com

Strengths:
1. Finishing
2. Headed Attempts

Weaknesses:
1. Defensive contribution

Style of Play:

1. Likes to play long balls

2. Plays the ball off the ground often

3. Indirect set-piece threat

4. Likes to do layoffs

5. Does not dive into tackles

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You