Alvaro Negredo

Justin_3d

I'm not trying to come across as some Barcelona know-it-all mate. :) I was just nitpicking anyway. :P

No, definetly not what I meant. I was just saying, dont know them really well so you must be right!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So simple and so easy to see. We are CFC, a club that since the begining for the century is fighting for the best positions in every tournament we play, we need the best striker we can find to continue to lead us to more victories. We are not Newcastle or West Ham, who can gamble 10million on a player and give him 1-2 seasons to see if he is good enough for the team.

Look at Manure, they had Berbatov, Rooney and Hernadez to lead their attack. It is good enough isnt it? NO. SAF knew that for them to maintain their lead he needed not only to buy a super striker, but to steal him from his rivals. He bought RVP and look at the difference. Just like Barcelona a few years ago, they had Pedro, Villa and Iniesta for the same position, but they went after Alexis Sanches. Same as Bayern, but in a much smaller scale, they could just stick with Mario Gomez, but they went for Mandzukic. Etc...

Even if you don't agree, don't fool yourself thinking that if Negredo arrives scoring 20-30 goals, Roman will give up on Falcao/Cavani. One will still come in a bombastic transaction and the manager will have pressure to give him enough playing time.

Agree, but I was saying that you dont need to spend fortune to find world class striker. Some strikers that would shine in bigger clubs are also very cheap. And IF Negredo would score 30 goals in one season for us and Roman would still go after 50mio Falcao just to have mega transfer we would be officialy most stupid club in world.

Maybe we should start creating our own stars, not just buying them. Yp, we are Chelsea, but we are also in transition (for this and next season for sure) and maybe we should take risk with a cheap striker till at least summer. If it works and he becomes sensation, hell we wouldnt need Falcao or whoever else then. We had ONE Drogba for like 8 years. City has 4 strikers now and they are SHIT in CL. All Im saying Quality ahead of quantity, we just need to find that quality. Drogba was less good than Negredo is now, when he joined Chelsea. But he became world class striker and we didnt pay fortune for him. He was still big risk for 25mio, but look what he did for us.

All I try to tell is that I hope Chelsea finds such potential player, not overpays for him and makes little gamble. Or would you like to have Falcao who might flop and has BIG chances to do that?

Besides Rvp cost United 25mio. That is not 50. You cant compare that together. Fact.

Agree, but I was saying that you dont need to spend fortune to find world class striker. Some strikers that would shine in bigger clubs are also very cheap. And IF Negredo would score 30 goals in one season for us and Roman would still go after 50mio Falcao just to have mega transfer we would be officialy most stupid club in world.

Nail. Hit. On. Head.

I would take Lewandowski instead of Negredo. Both of them are approximately the same price with a huge difference in the amount of quality.

Lewandowski isn't available until the summer though. Same with United wanting Kagawa last year in January, Dortmund told them to wait until the summer and then it happened. We need a CF in January more than anything, especially since Torres is still terrible.

http://www.football-espana.net/27167/sevilla-negredo-sale-necessary

Marca believe that Sevilla’s financial situation is such that they will have to sell Alvaro Negredo this coming January.

The club announced at their recent AGM a first deficit in the accounts during Jose Maria del Nido’s tenure as President, with Del Nido hinting at the time that players will likely be sold in the coming months to help balance the books.

Sevilla’s losses for the last year were put at €15.2m, with the explanation that a further €7.2m loss was written off in the form of deferred payments to the Hacienda (tax office) until 2013, in anticipation of future revenue covering that.

Marca today believe that the payments deferred were based on taxes owed on player wages for October and November of this year and on VAT owed and that the income expected to come in to cover that money is only through player sales in January.

It is reported that only the recently capped Spanish international striker Negredo is seen as the viable asset that can raise enough money that the club need to ensure their financial obligation is met.

The 27-year-old former Real Madrid B man has scored just over 50 goals during his three-and-a-half years so far spent with Los Nervionenses.

Is there anyone decent we can sign from seville instead of negredo(taking advantage of their financial crisis)?Fazio or somebody like that.

Jesus Navas is fantastic player, but his homesickness... Medel is good too.

From @davidjaca (Freelance Spanish football writer for Mirror Football; and more.)

On Negredo to Chelsea:

I think his style very suited to PL. Powerful, strong, tough exterior and has ability with back to goal and in behind. Despite exterior, is able technically and is deceptively skillful. Can finish too. Negatives: lacks intelligence, slow-ish. As for feasibility of rumour. Sevilla need to sell, he's most saleable asset with Navas. Negredo would be up for move IMO.

Not feeling very positive about this one. Ba would be a lot better option, if his wage demands would decrease. Is there any reason this is just a trick of the management for the negotations with Demba Ba? Like "Well, if you want such high wages, we're not gonna sign you, we have another good striker in hand" (which is likely to happen at this stage btw).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You