Weaknesses:

1. Defensive contribution

Style of Play:

1. Likes to play long balls

2. Plays the ball off the ground often

3. Indirect set-piece threat

4. Likes to do layoffs

5. Does not dive into tackles

I wonder what is so bad about a striker who's main strength is finishing :carlo:

Jesus since when was 27 considered too old?

It's not FM or FIFA - we can have 'prime age' players too :)

Successful teams blend Youth+Experience - we need to do that :)

BA's greedy agents have blown it, so f**k him and hello (possibly) this guy ;)

Well our recent policy has been to sig young hungry players not abv 24 takin FFP into acc we want long term fixes not short term ones

Well our recent policy has been to sig young hungry players not abv 24 takin FFP into acc we want long term fixes not short term ones

You have to be realistic - 27 = 4-5 good years minimum as a striker, before needing to be phased out...

That's a long time to amortise a transfer and is perfectly adequate for FFP, where I would expect the 'mean' to be around 4 years - dependent upon the contract duration the player signs up to, most are 3-5 years.

So signing a 27 or 28 year old player is perfectly fine and will not damage anything, plus we have younger options, Lukaku and some promising reserves to come through.

If this guy can score goals, fit into the team and give 100% every game - he gets my vote...

He's not getting the credit he deserves in this thread. Sevilla's main striker for a couple of years now, a regular goalscorer in one of the top leagues in Europe. A fine all round striker who offers a physical presence up front, a bit of mobility and is a very talented finisher. I think he would be a really good signing and would certainly represent value for money.

He's not getting the credit he deserves in this thread. Sevilla's main striker for a couple of years now, a regular goalscorer in one of the top leagues in Europe. A fine all round striker who offers a physical presence up front, a bit of mobility and is a very talented finisher. I think he would be a really good signing and would certainly represent value for money.

Kinda sounds like Berbatov

I wonder what is so bad about a striker who's main strength is finishing :carlo:

His movement and passing isnt so great, which makes it difficult for him to participate in build up plays (something very important in an attacking team).

Sevilla fits him perfectly because all they can do (I am exagerating here) is pass to Navas and Cicinho so they can cross and serve him through the right side of the pitch. His amazing awarness and positioning alongside with his great finishing abilities, make Negredo a big threat. However, this is not how Chelsea plays, so I can see him stuggling.

His movement and passing isnt so great, which makes it difficult for him to participate in build up plays (something very important in an attacking team).

Sevilla fits him perfectly because all they can do (I am exagerating here) is pass to Navas and Cicinho so they can cross and serve him through the right side of the pitch. His amazing awarness and positioning alongside with his great finishing abilities, make Negredo a big threat. However, this is not how Chelsea plays, so I can see him stuggling.

Torres' passing and movement are not great either, but he still has 14 or so goals this season. His problem is he misses a lot of chances he really should be putting away, and if Negredo can do better, then i don't see why we shouldn't sign him.

Ba is unlikely at this moment and Villa unrealistic, someone needs to be signed soon.

On Negredo, i remember watching a Spain game once and Xavi i think put him in on goal with a delightful ball, and he controlled it perfectly and finished very well. Mata does something similar for us and he will also have Azpi crossing the ball to him, i'm sure he will do just fine if we sign him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alvaro-negredo-transfer-sevilla-president-1528119

Sevilla president is in London trying to sell him apparently. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea mentioned as possible destinations, but i don't think we will buy 2 strikers in one window.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alvaro-negredo-transfer-sevilla-president-1528119

Sevilla president is in London trying to sell him apparently. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea mentioned as possible destinations, but i don't think we will buy 2 strikers in one window.

I think we should, less games for Torres. More wins

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You