Alvaro Negredo

Justin_3d

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really though. Negredo isn't shit either, you only need to look at his stats, but he isn't a big name that would get everyone excited i guess :lol:

No, I don't nedd stats, I watch every Sevilla game because of Cicinho (former Palmeiras player that I like). Negredo won't solve our problems, he is not good enough and will be expensive, buy Llorente (much better player and for free).

Also, if we are going to buy a second tier striker, get Bony or Welliton.

No, I don't nedd stats, I watch every Sevilla game because of Cicinho (former Palmeiras player that I like). Negredo won't solve our problems, he is not good enough and will be expensive, buy Llorente (much better player and for free).

He isn't going to be free in January though. There will be many more options in the summer, but this January i can only see Negredo or Villa coming here.

He isn't going to be free in January though. There will be many more options in the summer, but this January i can only see Negredo or Villa coming here.

I very much prefer Villa or Ba over him.

Demba Ba has a decent chance of happening (if we aproach him).

I can't see Ba coming here, not that i want him either. Everyone knows we will be back chasing the big name striker in the summer, so if he comes here he might as well end up as 2nd/3rd option next season.

Demba ba is highly unlikely and i am pretty sure he will go to arsenal if he goes anywhere. And we are currently behind swansea in the running for villa.

I can't see Ba coming here, not that i want him either. Everyone knows we will be back chasing the big name striker in the summer, so if he comes here he might as well end up as 2nd/3rd option next season.
Demba ba is highly unlikely and i am pretty sure he will go to arsenal if he goes anywhere. And we are currently behind swansea in the running for villa.

Ba is only unlikely at the moment because we havent talked to him.

About Ba being a 2nd option next season, anyone besides Cavani or Falcao will get down at the picking order.

I don't care who comes for the second option (Villa, Welliton, Ba, Bony, etc), but Negredo is not good enough for us. Why spend big on a player that won't add much more than this more commited Torres...

Ba is only unlikely at the moment because we havent talked to him.

About Ba being a 2nd option next season, anyone besides Cavani or Falcao will get down at the picking order.

I don't care who comes for the second option (Villa, Welliton, Ba, Bony, etc), but Negredo is not good enough for us. Why spend big on a player that won't add much more than this more commited Torres...

I don't watch Sevilla, but you say you watch every game and a player who's scored 11 in 12 this season is not good enough? not any better than Torres? how about Sturridge?

I've only seen him play for Spain, but i'm not sure you can judge a striker in that team since all they do is pass the ball in midfield.

I don't watch Sevilla, but you say you watch every game and a player who's scored 11 in 12 this season is not good enough? not any better than Torres? how about Sturridge?

I've only seen him play for Spain, but i'm not sure you can judge a striker in that team since all they do is pass the ball in midfield.

What I am saying is that Negredo is not good enough to be our senior striker. The very small example of Torres in good form is just as good as Negredo, that is where the comparisson comes from.

Negredo really knows how to position himself, so he is able to score a lot of goals (a very much needed quality for a striker), but he is indeed limited (movement, skills, etc).

I am against Negredo deal because we would be buying a player that would request a 3-4 year deal and would not come for less than 10-15mi(?), but will be only useful for 18 months (at the most), until we buy more strikers and he falls down to the reserve team.

The main reason I like Villa is because it is for the very short term and the reason I like Ba is because it will be much more cheaper.

None of them will last long though...

What I am saying is that Negredo is not good enough to be our senior striker. The very small example of Torres in good form is just as good as Negredo, that is where the comparisson comes from.

Negredo really knows how to position himself, so he is able to score a lot of goals (a very much needed quality for a striker), but he is indeed limited (movement, skills, etc).

I am against Negredo deal because we would be buying a player that would request a 3-4 year deal and would not come for less than 10-15mi(?), but will be only useful for 18 months (at the most), until we buy more strikers and he falls down to the reserve team.

I would take that tbh. We're linked with him for 15m, not bad, and if we sign someone else then we can have him as reliable backup.

Why people here keep saying if player is cheap he isnt good enough to be striker? Why cant you see Negredo, Bony or whoever to be our starter? They could turn great and we wouldnt spend much money...yet you guys dont even give a chance to these players. Buy cheap striker to be our backup...he cost few milions, he shouldnt be our main striker, look at Manchesters, we need Falcao in summer...blahblahblah...

I. Dont. Understand.

Why people here keep saying if player is cheap he isnt good enough to be striker? Why cant you see Negredo, Bony or whoever to be our starter? They could turn great and we wouldnt spend much money...yet you guys dont even give a chance to these players. Buy cheap striker to be our backup...he cost few milions, he shouldnt be our main striker, look at Manchesters, we need Falcao in summer...blahblahblah...

I. Dont. Understand.

So simple and so easy to see. We are CFC, a club that since the begining for the century is fighting for the best positions in every tournament it plays, we need the best striker we can find to continue to lead us to more victories. We are not Newcastle or West Ham, who can gamble 10million on a player and give him 1-2 seasons to see if he is good enough for the team.

Look at Manure, they had Berbatov, Rooney and Hernadez to lead their attack. It is good enough isnt it? NO. SAF knew that for them to maintain their lead he needed not only to buy a super striker, but to steal him from his rivals. He bought RVP and look at the difference. Just like Barcelona a few years ago, they had Pedro, Villa and Iniesta for the same position, but they went after Alexis Sanches. Same as Bayern, but in a much smaller scale, they could just stick with Mario Gomez, but they went for Mandzukic. Etc...

Even if you don't agree, don't fool yourself thinking that if Negredo arrives scoring 20-30 goals, Roman will give up on Falcao/Cavani. One will still come in a bombastic transaction and the manager will have pressure to give him enough playing time.

So simple and so easy to see. We are CFC, a a club that since the begining for the century is fighting for the best positions in every tournament it plays, we need the best striker we can find to continue to lead us to more victories. We are not Newcastle or West Ham, who can gamble 10mi in a player and give him 1-2 seasons to see if he is good enough for the team.

Look at Manure, they had Berbatov, Rooney and Hernadez to lead their attack. It is good enough isnt it? NO. SAF knew that for them to maintain their lead he needed not only to buy a super striker, but to steal him from his rivals. He bought RVP and look at the difference. Just like Barcelona a few years ago, they had Pedro, Villa and Iniesta for the same position, but they went after Alexis Sanches. Same as Bayern, but in a much smaller scale, they could just stick with Mario Gomez, but they went for Mandzukic. Etc...

Even if you don't agree, don't fool yourself thinking that if Negredo arrives scoring 20-30 goals, Roman will give up on Falcao/Cavani. One will still come in a bombastic transaction and the manager will have pressure to give him enough playing time.

I agree with all of this. But you made one mistake. :P

Pedro and Villa play the same positions, but Iniesta doesn't actualy play as a wide striker very often anymore. He's usually the more advanced player of the 3 in midfield. And Alexis was bought for the same position as Pedro and Villa, like you said, but that was to provide another option. They needed more power to go their pace. Pedro may be quick, but he's not strong. Alexis constantly harasses defences, which is why he is still being chosen over Villa for most games, even though he is off-form in terms of goalscoring.

A very good point though. We do need to consistently buy or produce top players. And Chelsea don't exactly depend on producing talent, so we buy. But every once in a while, a cheap buy can be very useful. For example, we picked up Azpilicueta for 7 million pounds, an absolute bargain if you ask me! And Moses (who was bought for around 10 million pounds I think?) may not be one of the biggest names in football, but he gives us that other option or Plan B.

For a top club, it's finding the right balance between buying world-class proven players and finding the odd bargain that is so important, in my opinion. United have done this very well over the years. Buying players like Rooney, Van Persie and Berbatov, but also Hernandez (who is an excellent Plan B for them).

I agree with all of this. But you made one mistake. :P

Pedro and Villa play the same positions, but Iniesta doesn't actualy play as a wide striker very often anymore. He's usually the more advanced player of the 3 in midfield. And Alexis was bought for the same position as Pedro and Villa, like you said, but that was to provide another option. They needed more power to go their pace. Pedro may be quick, but he's not strong. Alexis constantly harasses defences, which is why he is still being chosen over Villa for most games, even though he is off-form in terms of goalscoring.

They are all LW in FIFA. :ph34r:

I don't like Barcelona, so I don't really know them that well (I still watch their games though). You have a much better knowledge than I do, so I can't argue.

A very good point though. We do need to consistently buy or produce top players. And Chelsea don't exactly depend on producing talent, so we buy. But every once in a while, a cheap buy can be very useful. For example, we picked up Azpilicueta for 7 million pounds, an absolute bargain if you ask me! And Moses (who was bought for around 10 million pounds I think?) may not be one of the biggest names in football, but he gives us that other option or Plan B.

For a top club, it's finding the right balance between buying world-class proven players and finding the odd bargain that is so important, in my opinion. United have done this very well over the years. Buying players like Rooney, Van Persie and Berbatov, but also Hernandez (who is an excellent Plan B for them).

EXACTLY!

Although, what I understood from his post was that if Negredo comes and start scoring for fun, there is no need for a big striker to come. I completely disagree.

I mean, I would love for us to buy a 10million striker that scores 20-30 goals/season, but we still need a big name to at least rotate with him. Your example of RVP and Hernandez is spot on. I always believe a squad must have the perfect blend of start power and small names, only good cheap players dont work (NewCastle) and only big names neither (Real Madrid).

I don't like Barcelona, so I don't really know them that well (I still watch their games though). You have a much better knowledge than I do, so I can't argue.

I'm not trying to come across as some Barcelona know-it-all mate. :) I was just nitpicking anyway. :P

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You