Shinji Kagawa

Sheva.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of signing players from countries who haven't often produced great talent, and this is one of those cases.

Although I've watched a few of their games, and even those highlight videos on youtube; which I get bored of very quickly and shut off for almost every player, and I got to say, his game is very aesthetically pleasing. Also one of the few that I've actually sat through and watched the whole highlight video, so thanks for that DDA-Drogstar.

Could we play him in a midfield role, or is he only really suited to sitting right behind the striker like Mata?

He is a more direct mata. He is an attacking mid so I don't think he can play in mid.

I watched him play only once (Bayern vs Dortmund), I thought he was outstanding in that game, picking the ball up in midfield and lead the quick counter.

IMHO Mata is the better player but I think kagawa is better for us.

He is not suited for Yernited. He will be either forced into the Midfield pairing or forced out wide. There is no way he is playing in the CAM role. Even if he does play out wide he will cut in too much and limit Rooney's space.

He is not suited for Yernited. He will be either forced into the Midfield pairing or forced out wide. There is no way he is playing in the CAM role. Even if he does play out wide he will cut in too much and limit Rooney's space.

From what I've watched he's perfect for Man Utd. He could sit right behind Rooney and play that creative role, which is about the only thing they are missing in the middle. Everywhere else they are sured up.

From what I've watched he's perfect for Man Utd. He could sit right behind Rooney and play that creative role, which is about the only thing they are missing in the middle. Everywhere else they are sured up.

Well the Kagawa transfer will either be a massive success or a big failure. I can see Rooney and Kagawa getting in each other's way as Rooney likes to drop deep to pick up the ball.

Well the Kagawa transfer will either be a massive success or a big failure. I can see Rooney and Kagawa getting in each other's way as Rooney likes to drop deep to pick up the ball.

Sorry to go off topic, but not really, Haha, QLD won! :D

this is one talented player lol so unselfish would be a great asset to most teams

this is one talented player lol so unselfish would be a great asset to most teams

Without a doubt Marvin my main man!

I want us to sign this guy more than Hazard, Hulk etc.

Very underrated player. Kagawa and Mata can be an amazing duo. Our strikers would never ever have to worry about service.

I would never put them on the pitch at the same time. Both are quite small and would be weaken our defending. Besides, both prefer to play in the middle behind a striker.

Besides, both prefer to play in the middle behind a striker.

This is why i'm not sure about us signing him. Don't want him to play on the left or right either, as he's not a proper winger, and proper winger is what we need!

I would never put them on the pitch at the same time. Both are quite small and would be weaken our defending. Besides, both prefer to play in the middle behind a striker.

Good points.

I just think Kagawa is a special player and when those guys become available you get them. Kagawa and Mata are smart enough in finding space and would be able to work together I'm sure of it.

As for their size that's a fair point and probably why it won't happen.

This is why i'm not sure about us signing him. Don't what him to play on the left or right either, as he's not a proper winger, and proper winger is what we need!

Us signing him? Nah mate, he won't be coming here. He is probably of to United, we didn't show any interest, and besides he wouldn't want to be a bench player since Mata is a number1 choice on Shinji's position.

I do like him though, he is very good. Hard working player with great technique and amazing eye for a pass.

This is why i'm not sure about us signing him. Don't want him to play on the left or right either, as he's not a proper winger, and proper winger is what we need!

How many proper wingers are there in the modern game any more? The number is certainly in decline.

How many proper wingers are there in the modern game any more? The number is certainly in decline.

The top teams?

Real Madrid - Di Maria and Ronaldo/Ozil

Barcelona - Pedro, Sanchez

Bayern Munich - Robben, Ribery

Man United - Young, Nani, Valencia

Man City - Tevez played as a winger at the end of the season, Silva and Adam Johnsen.

Jealous of Man utd and Bayern (they also added Shaqiri) when it comes to wingers.

You're right, but we have already gotten 1 in Marin, and we can at least get one more.

Instead of having a player who wants to play in the middle, play out wide.

The top teams?

Real Madrid - Di Maria and Ronaldo/Ozil

Barcelona - Pedro, Sanchez

Bayern Munich - Robben, Ribery

Man United - Young, Nani, Valencia

Man City - Tevez played as a winger at the end of the season, Silva and Adam Johnsen.

Half of those aren't 'wingers'. My point was that the modern winger isn't what most want them to be, they will cut in and shoot rather than look for the overlap or take on a man. People complain about players, such as Kagawa, not being able to play on the wing because they don't believe they can beat a man, run it to the by line and cross, when the fact is that most wide players now days are equally adept at a no.10 role as well as out wide because of the style of football most teams play forces them to.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You