Chelsea will win the CL

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend as much as possible to be brief: Okay on CFC winning the champions league; possible ONLY if: :wank2:

Ramires: Improves on Goal Scoring

Kalou: Becomes More reliable or better still stay on the bench.

Ivanovic: becomes more consistent and play without conceding Card(s)

Ashley Cole: improve right-leg shooting

Mata: Improve right leg shooting

Sturridge: Improves right leg shooting. If he must play push him to the left side of the attack, so that brother Asley Cole will focus More on defensive duties in order not to put pressure on rest of the defence

Bosingwa/ Ferriera: Both remain UNFIT let them watch the games from the stands

Midfielders (Lamps/Miereles/Mikel/Essien): whovever plays should imbibe possesion football: Never be responsible for loss of possesion tackle well and defend well.

Torres: Though getting better is still missing that cutting edge that we knew him for

David Luiz: Now there is no time for skill display that ends up putting you in danger of conceding cards. Leave all the show-boating for beach soccer in Rio-de_Janeiro where there are bikini clad babes that would admire you. On the field of play it is serious business, we know you are good but your playing like an adolescent and taking undue risks is not a required ingredient for victory.

Cahill: I see in positive light as he still strong and not aging. RDM find a way to fit him into the core machinery for victory.

Drogba & Terry: Your dogged determination has won us several victories. PLEASE infuse this in the minds of the other players

Just a little contribution from a Blue Spirit: Fellow CFC fans please can someone help pass this unto Roberto Di Matteo, if you have his address (email or phone #) please send it to me i will like to have a one-on-one with him on THE WAY FORWARD IN THIS MOMENT :blue scalf:

Referee Ovrebo still receives hate mail three years after Chelsea's last game with Barcalona

Speaking about his performance during the controversial game three years ago, Ovrebo added: 'Looking back there are certainly things I would have done differently.

Just one game mate, doesn't mean anything. I remember Mertesacker handling Messi, didn't Bosingwa even handle Messi?. But yeah people have these games, just because they did it that time doesn't mean they will do it the next. And the biggest reason why you shouldn't just count on that, because he did it that one time blah blah blah. Is when you thought it was very unlikely in the first place, like i never thought Ferreira would do well against Bale. So there for can't see him doing it again just like that, because he did it that time.

Its not once tho, last 2 season's at the Shite Fart Pain Ferreira has marked Bale out of the game completely.

We're not gonna outplay Barca obviously. We need to be Strong and Physical, just like in 2009, we have to bully them and overpower them, obviously this side is nowhere near as good as the one in 2009 but this is the only way we're gonna have any chance.

This may sound insane but we need to Get at them and almost attack. If we just sit back and defend for most of the games we will inevitably lose, we dont have the Talent to be lethal on the counter, plus most teams who have tried to sit back and defend against Barca have lost. What we need to do is crowd their midfield and play the game in their half for as long as possible. Their defense is their weakness in many ways.

We would need to lineup very Strong

--------Mata----------Drogba-------------Ramires---

---------Lampard-----------------Essien----------------

-------------------------Mikel-----------------------------

----Cole-------Terry----------Cahill----------Ivanovic

The midfield will be very robust and Physical with this lineup. Lampard and Essien would be very deep though and we would in essence have 3 DM's, Drogba needs to be at his best, Mata needs to be there to create our attacks, Ramires and Mata would come inside alot, (Almost playing as LM and RM instead of RW and LW) essientially we would have little to no width but that's a necessity in order to crowd their midfield. Ramires instead of Danny because of his work rate and he could attack Puyol at LB, Drogba needs to tear Pique and Macherano a new A-hole and just use his strength. We'd be playing alot of long balls which will be effective against Barca because we are stronger in the air than them.

All in all we will have to play ugly, Brutish and direct in order to even begin to challenge Barca. Give them no room and they will crack, but the thing is do we have the Talent and workrate to do that? Perhaps Madrid is the only one that does.....:/

Disagree with Cahill, he has looked shaky in the CL so far, playing him against Barca will be suicide, we MUST play DL4.

Disagree with Cahill, he has looked shaky in the CL so far, playing him against Barca will be suicide, we MUST play DL4.

DL4 against Barca's tiki-taka? Oh dear....

I watched both legs of Milan-Barca matchup (as I'm sure most have) and I have to say I think it was uplifting. Barcelona are very beatable. AC Milan looked like a bunch of school-girls while in possession; it wasn't until the front three had it that they looked dangerous. I think Chelsea will be much better at not panicking under possession. ALSO, PLEASE!!!! can we NOT play Mikel? He will be pounced on. Did anyone watch Seedorf try and hold Barca players off like Mikel does? IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!

I believe in our players' ability to rise to the occasion. KTBFFH

Unless u are madrid, the best for formation to face barca is diamond.

Drogba-Danny/Torres

Lampar

Meireles/essien-ramires

Mikel

Cole-terry-Luis-iva

We don't need mata because we are going to play long ball and also we need our am to play defense. Drogba and mikel are the 2 key. Drogb need to win the battle against pique and mikel need to really make messi life miserable

I watched both legs of Milan-Barca matchup (as I'm sure most have) and I have to say I think it was uplifting. Barcelona are very beatable. AC Milan looked like a bunch of school-girls while in possession; it wasn't until the front three had it that they looked dangerous. I think Chelsea will be much better at not panicking under possession. ALSO, PLEASE!!!! can we NOT play Mikel? He will be pounced on. Did anyone watch Seedorf try and hold Barca players off like Mikel does? IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!

I believe in our players' ability to rise to the occasion. KTBFFH

Did u watch our two games against benfica ?

We are worse than Milan when we have possession and it's not going to change because we don't have the midfielder to do so.

Unless u are madrid, the best for formation to face barca is diamond.

Drogba-Danny/Torres

Lampar

Meireles/essien-ramires

Mikel

Cole-terry-Luis-iva

We don't need mata because we are going to play long ball and also we need our am to play defense. Drogba and mikel are the 2 key. Drogb need to win the battle against pique and mikel need to really make messi life miserable

Mata MUST play imo. No one else can pick a pass like he does

Don't care what the score is, as long as we perform against UEFA, I'll be proud.

If we're to go out, I want it to be because Barcelona were the better team, and not because they got the benefit of another half-dozen questionable refereeing decisions.

Formation-wise there is only one choice if we want to beat them:

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard

Sturridge - Mata

Drogba

its not the time to experiment but i would love to see:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Luiz

Ramires - Lampard

Mata

Sturridge - Drogba

(Torres - Drogba)

The key to beating Barca is to play solid defensively throughout 180 minutes. One small mistake will cost us a goal for sure. The reason I suggest Luiz as DM is because i think he has the speed to handle Messi as Mikel and Essien does not. Plus we would have the defensive strenght needed and we need to use quick attacking and not try to play their game. We can both pass the ball and run quick with Ramires/Sturridge on the pitch and also use long balls from Luiz etc on Drogba.

If we get a good result on Stamford Bridge, say 1-0, 2-0, 3-1..then we've got a good chance of getting our beloved revenge!

Sturridge should not start either of the games. We should try something really out there, like playing Bosingwa at right wing or Paulo Ferreira, to double up on Messi and not bother whatsoever to attack. Essentially 2 right backs, but with one advanced so far that he denies Messi space even in his own half. Force Messi to drift toward the center, and then we have to erect a solid back two to keep him out. Force him all the way out on the right, and Cole can hopefully keep him quiet. But it'll be brilliant for us if we force Messi to drift toward the right, it'll nullify one of Barcelona's threats in Dani Alves bombing forward- simply because Messi commands extra attention and Alves will get hardly any space to burst into.

Inter tried a similar thing a couple of years ago with Chivu starting at 'left wing' although he played in an orthodox left back position- with Eto'o and Zanetti :lol:

Just throwing something unexpected at them could be all we need to do. And playing a right back at right wing, or a defensive midfielder as a high-up-the-pitch ball winner could surprise them enough for us to grab a goal here or there and then defend for our lives.