• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction 12/13: League winners, CL semi final

#1 Chelsea

#2 City

#3 Spurs

#4 United

Can't see this prediction happening though mate. If it does i dunno what i'll do.

Unfortunately, I can be prone to silly 'superstitions' when it comes to football, so when this thread was initially created I was disgusted, as this guy was jinxing it. So even now, I won't congratulate him for 'believing' or for being a 'true' fan. Because truth be told, myself and most fans had a gut feeling we could do it.

"Before the game I had a feeling we would do it tonight, you don't wanna shout it from the rooftops, I don't like to tempt fate" - Lampard

Unfortunately, I can be prone to silly 'superstitions' when it comes to football, so when this thread was initially created I was disgusted, as this guy was jinxing it. So even now, I won't congratulate him for 'believing' or for being a 'true' fan. Because truth be told, myself and most fans had a gut feeling we could do it.

"Before the game I had a feeling we would do it tonight, you don't wanna shout it from the rooftops, I don't like to tempt fate" - Lampard

Took the words right out of my head.

I'm the ultimate pessimist. Or realist. Can't decide which. So when Muller scored I thought that this was the moment where our luck ran out. Then Drogba scored. Then Cech saved that penalty and I knew we'd fucking do it. It still defies all believe. An incredible night. Written in the stars.

So optimism, trust and heart = silly superstitions and jinxing? Thats a wierd way of looking at it to be honest.

don`t you think fans have stated we gonna win in previous years?

lots of people believe ,just the majority prefer to keep it quiet to avoid tempting fate.

My post was towards the non-believers. I was getting sick of all the negative talk goin on here at that time. The point was to remind them that anything is possible, and it proved right. How many actually THOUGHT Chelsea would win the CL? I think the word you should've used was "hope", not belief. I for one was sure, and it made me money+the honor of watching Chelsea in this historic moment.

And its funny u used "tempting fate" when a few posts above my post was called a "silly superstition".

i haven`t used the word superstition once in this thread.until this post so i don`t know why you ask the question how i can believe in tempting fate but not superstition.

i don`t believe in all the superstitions like say..if i don`t put my left sock on first Chelsea will lose but i do prefer to not shout to the rooftops about Chelsea are gonna win this or win that. to avoid tempting fate.

i haven`t used the word superstition once in this thread.until this post so i don`t know why you ask the question how i can believe in tempting fate but not superstition.

i don`t believe in all the superstitions like say..if i don`t put my left sock on first Chelsea will lose but i do prefer to not shout to the rooftops about Chelsea are gonna win this or win that. to avoid tempting fate.

If you cannot see the differance in shouting it out from your rooftop and spreading belief and hope then I dont know whats wrong with you.

Anyway, we won it and we shall win it more times in the future.