Chelsea will win the CL

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can´t do nothing else than playing the best they can. I am sure the boys will be in the right state of mind against this shower.

The tricky thing is that FA Cup game against Spurs. Wether we gonna rest a few key players or play a nearly full strength team and go on to secure at least one final? I don´t know. Players like Mereleis, Malouda and Essien have to step up their game for the Spurs match as I expect them start.

Oh my, it is squeaky bum time, certainly. But the astonishing thing is that we are in this position in the first place.

I wouldn´t be dissapointed if we lose to B-Lona, if it was under fair circumstances, but win the FA Cup. Having said that, it would make up for a lot of pain that we sufferend in ´09. Hopefully Drogba will be up to his best and fucking disgrace them.

Against Barca:

--------------Drogba---------------

Kalou--------Mata------------Ramirez

--------Essien----Lampard---

A.Cole---Terry--Luiz----Ivanovic

-------------Cech------------------

Subs: Torres, Sturridge, Cahill, Meireles, Mikel, Bosingwa, Hilario

Against Spurs:

Malouda---------Torres--------------Sturridge

-------Ramires----------Mierles-------------

------------------Mikel----------------------

Ferriera-----Terry---Cahill----Bosingwa

--------------------Cech------------------

Subs: Drogba, Luiz, Lampard, Kalou, Hilario, Ivanovic, Essien.

Against Barca:

--------------Drogba---------------

Kalou--------Mata------------Ramirez

--------Essien----Lampard---

A.Cole---Terry--Luiz----Ivanovic

-------------Cech------------------

Subs: Torres, Sturridge, Cahill, Meireles, Mikel, Bosingwa, Hilario

Against Spurs:

Malouda---------Torres--------------Sturridge

-------Ramires----------Mierles-------------

------------------Mikel----------------------

Ferriera-----Terry---Cahill----Bosingwa

--------------------Cech------------------

Subs: Drogba, Luiz, Lampard, Kalou, Hilario, Ivanovic, Essien.

I'd have Fereira over Bosingwa for Spurs. Fereira marked bale out of the game in december after he came on while bosingwa gifted spurs a goal by backing away from bale

This game reminds me of my team (I was the captain) in the recently concluded tournament that we played. We were the shittiest team in the league and ended up at the bottom of the 8 teams that participated. In the knockouts we were pitted against the team that finished 1st in the league. Most players had given up before the game as we got thrashed 9-4 in the league by them. I decided to play on the counter and we won the game 3-2 in extra time and made it to the semis.

In semis we were playing against the second best team. They played the best football in the league. Slick passing and movement. Again everyone thought the quarter finals was a fluke. But our confidence grew on beating a top team in the quarter finals. And we again played on counter as I knew my team didnt have players with great technique and we coudlnt match them. We ended up beating them 5-3 in regular time. This team had beaten us 4-1 in the league. Having a striker like Drogba helped us who could take on their 2 defenders.

Point is, we made it against the odds when no one gave us a chance. We were battered by these teams in the league but we raised our game when it mattered. And at this moment I see the same with Chelsea. No one is giving them a chance to get past Barca. I come across people who tell me that we will be thrashed by 5 goals. But if you have played the game you know that nothing is impossible. Chelsea know they cant match Barca at skill level. They have to play to their strengths. Be Organized, Press, defend like your life is on the line and dont lose possession and break fast and hit them on counter.

By the way, we lost in the finals 3-1 as we had a man sent off (2 yellows). And that was me for abusing the ref and holding the collar of the opposition team's captain.

I'd have Fereira over Bosingwa for Spurs. Fereira marked bale out of the game in december after he came on while bosingwa gifted spurs a goal by backing away from bale

Just one game mate, doesn't mean anything. I remember Mertesacker handling Messi, didn't Bosingwa even handle Messi?. But yeah people have these games, just because they did it that time doesn't mean they will do it the next. And the biggest reason why you shouldn't just count on that, because he did it that one time blah blah blah. Is when you thought it was very unlikely in the first place, like i never thought Ferreira would do well against Bale. So there for can't see him doing it again just like that, because he did it that time.

Just one game mate, doesn't mean anything. I remember Mertesacker handling Messi, didn't Bosingwa even handle Messi?. But yeah people have these games, just because they did it that time doesn't mean they will do it the next. And the biggest reason why you shouldn't just count on that, because he did it that one time blah blah blah. Is when you thought it was very unlikely in the first place, like i never thought Ferreira would do well against Bale. So there for can't see him doing it again just like that, because he did it that time.

Actually it was 2 games. The one this december and the one last season where he was solely marking Bale. Both times, he was hailed. Anyway, Ivanovic would be the best option imo and i dont think rdm will disregard the fa cup

Although our chance to beat barca is slim, we still have good chance. Barca defense for some reason always give other team one or two easy chance acore. Furthermore Milan showed that barca is very vurnerable in the air. Milan kept playing long ball to ibra and it caused them big problem.

On the other side, Can we defend against them, i am not sure.

A lot of people said mikel was motm against benfica, but if he give the same time and space to messi like the one he gave to aimar, we are toasted.

In the end it's a good test for our team.

Hopefully it's going to be a great game (our two games against benfica was boring

Actually it was 2 games. The one this december and the one last season where he was solely marking Bale. Both times, he was hailed. Anyway, Ivanovic would be the best option imo and i dont think rdm will disregard the fa cup

Oh you mean that game where Bale came straight back after injury?, yeah, he got injured 4 times that season and everytime he came back he was shit, it took him a while to settle, where as for this season hes been injury free.

Oh you mean that game where Bale came straight back after injury?, yeah, he got injured 4 times that season and everytime he came back he was shit, it took him a while to settle, where as for this season hes been injury free.

fair point. but bosingwa is hardly better. we can't rotate Rb without takin a risk. sheesh

I remember when Spurs where being offered like 40 mill for Bale...

This is why I say any player is sellable at insane high prices. If someone comes an offer that for someone like Sturridge we must take it.

Those figures are once in a lifetime like Liverpool learn with the Torres saga.

I remember when Spurs where being offered like 40 mill for Bale...

This is why I say any player is sellable at insane high prices. If someone comes an offer that for someone like Sturridge we must take it.

Those figures are once in a lifetime like Liverpool learn with the Torres saga.

Indeed, if we get offered that much for him then i would definitely sell him. Because known our fuckin luck if we turn it down he would end up getting a season injury lol.