Chelsea will win the CL

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not gonna outplay Barca obviously. We need to be Strong and Physical, just like in 2009, we have to bully them and overpower them, obviously this side is nowhere near as good as the one in 2009 but this is the only way we're gonna have any chance.

This may sound insane but we need to Get at them and almost attack. If we just sit back and defend for most of the games we will inevitably lose, we dont have the Talent to be lethal on the counter, plus most teams who have tried to sit back and defend against Barca have lost. What we need to do is crowd their midfield and play the game in their half for as long as possible. Their defense is their weakness in many ways.

We would need to lineup very Strong

--------Mata----------Drogba-------------Ramires---

---------Lampard-----------------Essien----------------

-------------------------Mikel-----------------------------

----Cole-------Terry----------Cahill----------Ivanovic

The midfield will be very robust and Physical with this lineup. Lampard and Essien would be very deep though and we would in essence have 3 DM's, Drogba needs to be at his best, Mata needs to be there to create our attacks, Ramires and Mata would come inside alot, (Almost playing as LM and RM instead of RW and LW) essientially we would have little to no width but that's a necessity in order to crowd their midfield. Ramires instead of Danny because of his work rate and he could attack Puyol at LB, Drogba needs to tear Pique and Macherano a new A-hole and just use his strength. We'd be playing alot of long balls which will be effective against Barca because we are stronger in the air than them.

All in all we will have to play ugly, Brutish and direct in order to even begin to challenge Barca. Give them no room and they will crack, but the thing is do we have the Talent and workrate to do that? Perhaps Madrid is the only one that does.....:/

The FA's ignored our request to move the FA Cup game to Friday. Typical, absolutely typical.

http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

Money Talks. there are talks in Spain that the federation will move the El Classico from sunday to Saturday to give their team enough time to recover ahead of the second leg.

We're not gonna outplay Barca obviously. We need to be Strong and Physical, just like in 2009, we have to bully them and overpower them, obviously this side is nowhere near as good as the one in 2009 but this is the only way we're gonna have any chance.

This may sound insane but we need to Get at them and almost attack. If we just sit back and defend for most of the games we will inevitably lose, we dont have the Talent to be lethal on the counter, plus most teams who have tried to sit back and defend against Barca have lost. What we need to crowd their midfield and play the game in their half for as long as possible. Their defense is their weakness in many ways.

--------Mata--------------Drogba-------------Ramires----

-------------Lampard-----------------Essien----------------

------------------------------Mikel-----------------------------

----Cole-------------Terry----------Cahill----------Ivanovic

Lampard and Essien would be very deep though and we would in essence have 3 DM's, Drogba needs to be at his best, Mata needs to be there to create our attacks, Ramires and Mata would come inside alot, essientially we would have little to no width but that's a necessity in order to crowd their midfield. Ramires instead of Danny because of hos work rate and he could attack Puyol at LB, Drogba needs to tear Pique and Macherano a new A-hole and just use his strength. We'd be playing alot of long balls which will be effective against Barca because we are stronger in the air than them.

All in all we will have to play ugly, Brutish and direct in order to even begin to challenge Barca

I like the whole team but I am not sure about Mikel. He is too slow.

If we are going to play 2 DM with Essien, then you can do no wrong in trying to use someone like Meireles in that role.

But we will see. I would at least like to see RDM try the formation for one game before using that.

Maybe against Fulham....

OR

Play David Luiz that game as DM! blue%20scalf.gif

This may sound insane but we need to Get at them and almost attack. If we just sit back and defend for most of the games we will inevitably lose, we dont have the Talent to be lethal on the counter, plus most teams who have tried to sit back and defend against Barca have lost. What we need to crowd their midfield and play the game in their half for as long as possible. Their defense is their weakness in many ways.

--------Mata--------------Drogba-------------Ramires----

-------------Lampard-----------------Essien----------------

------------------------------Mikel-----------------------------

----Cole-------------Terry----------Cahill----------Ivanovic

Lampard and Essien would be very deep though and we would in essence have 3 DM's, Drogba needs to be at his best, Mata needs to be there to create our attacks, Ramires and Mata would come inside alot, essientially we would have little to no width but that's a necessity in order to crowd their midfield. Ramires instead of Danny because of hos work rate and he could attack Puyol at LB, Drogba needs to tear Pique and Macherano a new A-hole and just use his strength. We'd be playing alot of long balls which will be effective against Barca because we are stronger in the air than them.

All in all we will have to play ugly, Brutish and direct in order to even begin to challenge Barca

3 DM? That would mean playing in our half. They will tiki taka in our half all game if we play with 3 defensive mids. We have to play 4-2-3-1. Play deep, win the ball and lump it to Ramirez on the wing and let him make the run and pass it inside to Drogba, Mata, Lampard and Kalou. Also, they play high line, which makes them susceptible to counter attacks from players like Ramirez and Drogba.

3 DM? That would mean playing in our half. They will tiki taka in our half all game if we play with 3 defensive mids. We have to play 4-2-3-1. Play deep, win the ball and lump it to Ramirez on the wing and let him make the run and pass it inside to Drogba, Mata, Lampard and Kalou. Also, they play high line, which makes them susceptible to counter attacks from players like Ramirez and Drogba.

Only 2 midfielders? That's suicide. Madrid can do it but we definitley cannot. 4-3-3 is the way to go

Yeah agree cause with Mikel and Essien is too negative. That is too defensive mind like when Hiddink did in the first game against Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

Although like I stated above I would not mind using David Luiz as one of the DM for that game a long with Essien. I don't think that will be too negative.

If there is one time that David Luiz can be use as DM is in this game. As the Cahill - Terry partnership is very good as well.

I like the whole team but I am not sure about Mikel. He is too slow.

If we are going to play 2 DM with Essien, then you can do no wrong in trying to use someone like Meireles in that role.

But we will see. I would at least like to see RDM try the formation for one game before using that.

Maybe against Fulham....

OR

Play David Luiz that game as DM! blue%20scalf.gif

Mikel is pretty good at slowing down the game and taking the sting out of the game, He'd be the best option there. Meireles is also too wasteful with his passing and that is something we simply CANNOT afford on a night where we will probably only have 35% possession

Yeah agree cause with Mikel and Essien is too negative. That is too defensive mind like when Hiddink did in the first game against Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

Although like I stated above I would not mind using David Luiz as one of the DM for that game a long with Essien. I don't think that will be too negative.

If there is one time that David Luiz can be use as DM is in this game. As the Cahill - Terry partnership is very good as well.

How is it Too negative, seriously some people on here think they're playing FIFA...Be realistic we need three strong, physical DM's to have any chance of stopping them.

How is it Too negative, seriously some people on here think they're playing FIFA...Be realistic we need three strong, physical DM's to have any chance of stopping them.

That IS way to positive....we shouldnt be so gung ho.

I don't agree, but as stated if you want to go down the road of 3 DM's then make sure one of them is creative like David Luiz, to change up the game.

As Barcelona play the high line, so we need someone to make killer passes, and that ain't Mikel!

Meireles and David Luiz can make more forward passing to set up a good counter attack, then all the sideways passing Mikel does!

I don't agree, but as stated if you want to go down the road of 3 DM's then make sure one of them is creative like David Luiz, to change up the game.

As Barcelona play the high line, so we need someone to make killer passes, and that ain't Mikel!

Meireles and David Luiz can make more forward passing to set up a good counter attack, then all the sideways passing Mikel does!

Again, be realistic, why on earth would RDM just start playing Luiz as a DM in a massive game against one of the best sides ever. Meireles I guess I can live with but Mikel is a better Tackler as well and can keep possession better

Again, be realistic, why on earth would RDM just start playing Luiz as a DM in a massive game against one of the best sides ever. Meireles I guess I can live with but Mikel is a better Tackler as well and can keep possession better

Because you want to play 3 DM's!

Lampard and Essien can easily do the job. If you want to add Mikel in that slot, then go for David Luiz or Meireles which can give you better option for counter attack.

Because you want to play 3 DM's!

Lampard and Essien can easily do the job. If you want to add Mikel in that slot, then go for David Luiz or Meireles which can give you better option for counter attack.

You do realise this is not the same Lampard and Essien, right? Lampard's age means he can't run around forever and close players down as well as before. Essien's injury has also had a similar effect on him, he doesnt have the same Bison power to bully Barca's midfield. So logically they would need extra help from a player like Mikel, meireles doesnt do as much defensively and we have to make sure we are solid and dont concede before thinking about Attacking

I still think it's a waste having a line of Lampard, Mikel, Essien.

Yes we need to defend but we need to attack as well.

And with that line we might as well park the bus in our own home!!!

Barcelona will play the same no matter where they are, be it the Bridge or Camp Nou, they're still going to Tiki Taka their little hearts out. We need to forget about everyone else, especially the media. Who cares if this is 'Negative'. We just gotta get the Job done, no matter how we do it and how boring we make the Match.