Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

It's always better coming here like 24 hours after the game because u can't get a word in edgeways. And it's always heat of the moment and irrational lol.

I'm glad we're through. I'm disappointed with the way we played and the way the Benfica players we're blatantly cheating. i'm gutted that Kalou and Mikel are Chelsea players, i'm shit scared that we have to play Barcelona next - I'd rather hide under the bed for that one because it could get messi but we're there and that's all that really matters.

Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite honestly Im totally pissed off with Mourhinos mind games ,,, JUST fucking put a sock in it ,,,

The whole world knows you are the Special ONE ,,,expect you to win the Masters at Augusta this week

The impression I got from the interview and others I was speaking to on another forum, was that Jose was getting at the help that Barcelona receive from referees.

Worth pointing out that Luiz, Cole and Meireles will be all available for the SF 1st leg after escaping a YC booking tonight.

I guarantee they wont be available for the 2nd.

But you have historically been the little brother, yes? Very good club but always in the shadow of the two Lisbon teams?

I guess, benfica has the most fans and had more titles than Porto and Sporting. When Mourinho went to Porto everything changed.

We went for the counter attack which was obvious from the start, but there was no attacking threat from us. I hate to be that guy, but Kalou wasn't the right choice tonight - thought Danny could have added more, and Mikel was god awful defending wise. He seemed to lose our defensive line when JT came off, especially from the set-piece which we conceded from - i could see JT going around smacking people on the back of the head of everyone that 'defended' for the poor positioning.

We had luck with a referee, and our finishing wasn't superb - tactically i felt we were brilliant, just the players didn't play there role 100%. Lampard played well as the DMC, and Mata was definite man of the match, for the sub it shouldn't have been him off for Raul, but Mikel, i could see why Roberto made the change though, and he deserves plaudits for that decision.

Benfica were brilliant, especially in comparison, and we looked out for a card-happy referee and the loss of discipline.

It's always better coming here like 24 hours after the game because u can't get a word in edgeways. And it's always heat of the moment and irrational lol.

I'm glad we're through. I'm disappointed with the way we played and the way the Benfica players we're blatantly cheating. i'm gutted that Kalou and Mikel are Chelsea players, i'm shit scared that we have to play Barcelona next - I'd rather hide under the bed for that one because it could get messi but we're there and that's all that really matters.

Onwards and upwards.

The ending - spot on. What would Arsenal or Manchesters give for the chance to prepare for the Champions League semifinal against the famous Barcelona.

I thought we weren't at our best but I thought we were comfortable for most of the game. Yeah, Benfica were dangerous but they didn't create enough clear cut chances and definitely weren't clinical enough with the chances they did have. We were poor but I always thought we could upped our game if we needed to, all that mattered really was getting through which we did. Fair play to Benfica though, they gave it a good go, I thought Aimar was quality, in my opinion he was the best player on the pitch and we failed to deal with him the whole game. The main problem was that Benfica kept finding space between our midfield and defence which we didn't do enough to stop, we also struggled when Terry went off, our defence seemed more vulnerable. Our best players were Cole, Terry and Lampard I thought. Lampard's passing was class, still a very underrated part of his game, he reminded me of Scholes a lot tonight. He's also playing a deeper role nowadays.

Barca 09 with Ovrebo was the biggest injustice in world football history, the complaints from Benfica fans tonight seem trivial in comparison.

I have a new found respect for scousers, Benfica supporters are the worst.

Barca 09 with Ovrebo was the biggest injustice in world football history, the complaints from Benfica fans tonight seem trivial in comparison.

I have a new found respect for scousers, Benfica fans are the worst.

Come on, TX. There are always a couple of wankers that support any club. The rest are by and large decent, intelligent people.

And yes, I agree about the travesty of Ovrebo-gate.

Kalou was awful, he cant even run at a defender and his passing is soft, reason Ramires missed the goal was because he expected a firmer pass (no excuse I know) so he went through it too quickly. Lampard got my vote thought he passed crisp and got stuck in when he had to. Total performance was comfortable as if we put it in cruise control. Ramies was also bad. Not a fan of Mereiles but he really put his foot through that.

Not a great win but its still a win. Ref was shit and card happy.

Bring Barca.

You're having a laugh. I'll say this again, Kalou was by far our best attacker on the night. By enormous magnitudes. He was Lionel Messi in comparison to Emile Heskey and Ali Dia.

He had a lot of space, but at the end of the day he didn't do enough with it.

He should have scored 2 at least, and had 1 assist - this one is Rambo's fault.