Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

Numerous occasions he had the ball on the left flank and did fuck all with it. The guy is useless. Dont defend him, it makes you look stupid.

If you can't even list out the chances that he got, then I think it makes you look stupid instead when you can't back up your point with facts/examples.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech - 6 - I'm struggling to see why he has been voted man of the match? One very good save besides, and two routine ones, he made a horrendous howler for Garcia's header.

I think the entire team is to blame for that goal. They were so complacent! Nobody was marking the Benfica players at all. Shameful, shameful defending. They should be fined for that.

Regarding Cech... other teams are clearly noticing that he comes too far out sometimes. They tried to chip him two or three times yesterday. The first one (by Cardozo I think) was really well hit and on another day it would have gone in.

If you can't even list out the chances that he got, then I think it makes you look stupid instead when you can't back up your point with facts/examples.

I can't remember them all, have to see it again but off the top of my head...

1) the pathetic header which he should either have not gone for at all, or done something else with it rather than head it 200 yards away from the goal

and

2) the one where he took the ball off Mata's feet and shot wide (Juan should have slapped him for doing that)

there were a couple more too

I can't remember them all, have to see it again but off the top of my head...

1) the pathetic header which he should either have not gone for at all, or done something else with it rather than head it towards the corner flag

and

2) the one where he took the ball off Mata's feet and shot wide (Juan should have slapped him for doing that)

there were a couple more too

Fine, think I agree with that 1st one. But for the other, I'm not even sure if he took it of Mata's feet. Didn't Mata just missed the ball by a tiny bit when it arrived to him??

Hmm how come for both the Napoli game and Benfica games, some people say "you guys should of gone through", "really, you should be in our position?"

Its not like it was only luck that got us through..

Fine, think I agree with that 1st one. But for the other, I'm not even sure if he took it of Mata's feet. Didn't Mata just missed the ball by a tiny bit when it arrived to him??

Haven't seen the replay of the incident but I think if he had let it run, Mata would have been able to shoot

Hmm how come for both the Napoli game and Benfica games, some people say "you guys should of gone through", "really, you should be in our position?"

Its not like it was only luck that got us through..

Don't think anyone said that for the Napoli game.. We were deserved winners in the end. Nobody can argue with a 4-1 win

But for the benfica games..... We did get some luck. JT's handball should have been a penalty. But benfica were crap in both legs in terms of creating actual clear cut chances. They were dominant for about 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half in the 1st leg and made Cech produce 4 or 5 great saves, but other than that they were simply average.

Yesterday it was a bad performance by us considering it was 11 v 10 and benfica were running rings around us at times and had us on the back foot but they were average. It's just that we were horrible.

At the end of the day, benfica have nobody but themselves to blame. Maxi shouldn't have opened his big fat mouth to complain to the ref, and the challenge on mikel definitely deserved a yellow. The penalty was obvious as well.

After the game i felt a little... Meh because they were clearly better than us yesterday. But now.. Don't feel sorry for them at all, they were diving all over the place - in both legs. Pathetic.

he was porto player, he must have really enyojed that goal :)

about match:

cech very good, except he should catch that ball instead of javi garcia scored. lampard, cole, terry excellent, mata as always, but needs to rest. torres should score, i dont blame him for miss, but it was said he is back and yet he didnt take responsibility...but good overall. ramires also should score from that chance, but well it happens...

but i am somehow disappointed with game we showed. we played at home, had advantage from previous match, no injury trouble, scored leading goal from penalty and had a player more for whole match...yet it was benfica who kept possesion, control and had tons of chances...we were again bit lucky, they could easily gone with win...what i liked is that control in our deffensive style of play, but everyone knows you cant play all game like that and win, because eventually, you concede a goal...we were solid, but should have more control on the ball...

question is how are we going to play barca? we have fitness, experience and strenght. tall players and revenge in mind...they are favourite, but i would never write chelsea off. with our key players in form, taking chances, solid display in defence and bit luck, we could go through...but we will have to be at best...

Shit performance, but who cares, we're through. We didn't get out of first gear. we'll step it up against Barca.

Teams who are usually up from the first leg come out in the 2nd and try and defend the advantage they have.

Not sure if this has been posted but here's Meireles's goal and celebration.

Cracking finish and gotta love the celebration. :lol:

Dude if we beat Barcelona I am going to have to watch that game again with this commentator.

They are awesome!!!!

Why are people slating our performance again? Benfica are a very good side who are good at keeping possession like most Iberian teams so its no wonder we were not dominating. They have some talented players, particularly Aimar who can cause most teams problems. It was just some poor finishing and slight bad luck that meant that we did not score more. Torres' deflection and Kalou's miss are examples of things just not going right on the night- not poor play. Benfica had nothing to lose in going out to attack so we were always going to be under pressure, they didn't just fluke their way into the quarter finals

would just like to add that I think Oscar Cardozo is a disgusting football player. We kicked the ball out of play while in possession when one of their players was rolling around making a fuss out of nothing, they pass the ball back to Luiz from the throw in so that we can have the ball back, it hits him on the shoulder on the edge of our penalty box and Cardozo shouted at the referee wanting a free kick. Disgusting twat who does not understand fair play.

Jesus is such a cunt. Never thought someone could beat Wenger in the sore loser stakes.

Yes we were poor on the night ... still knocked you out though. What does that say about your side? Fuck off now, love.

Hahahaha I was initially really upset when I saw that :lol: