Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the obvious poor performance from us, I'm disappointed that we did not look to exploit Benfica's central zone area. You have a makeshift CB pairing in Javi Garcia and Emerson along with an inexperienced Matic in that area and we hardly tested them there and give them more problems. It was all too comfortable for them and I'm not even sure what was the high crosses all about from us. We didn't even have any big physical presence upfront and yet we kept putting it into the penalty box.

When Chelsea lost with Barça everyone speaks about the referee, and what about now? In both hands chelseia played with 12, the referee allways helping chelsea is amazing how could this happen, what a penalty, what a red card and despite of we score. I am sorry but chelsea will be trucidated by barça, they were so poor omg if referee was normal i like to see what happens. This is a fucking disgrace like someone says

the ref was generous to us last night that's for sure but the pen was blatant the red card was 2 yellows one because your player was too stupid to shut his mouth to the ref and got booked and then threw in a tough tackle that warranted another yellow so you can have no complaints with that. We were poor last night and you still couldn't beat us home or away so if we'd have been at our best yous would never have been near us. Get over it and try again next year. Ps your talking to the wrong supporters about dubious reffing ....we are still angry about overbo

Fuckind dreadful. Benfica should have gone through based on their performace. 10 Men and they ahd so much control and want about the game. Chelsea need to pull their fucking finger out or Spurs, Barca will beat us and say goodbye to what slim hope we have of top four.

Cech - 6 - I'm struggling to see why he has been voted man of the match? One very good save besides, and two routine ones, he made a horrendous howler for Garcia's header.

Ivanovic - 6 - solid and unspectacular. It is still annoying me how he refuses to charge the crosser down, we were nearly punished again by that yesterday.

Terry - 7 - excellent when he was one. Organisation, leadership, commitment. We lost it completely after he went off, which is pretty pathetic actually. Standard JT performance capped off with a goalline clearance.

Luiz - 6 - he had an effective game aerially but he was struggling with people running at him. Started trying to dribble the length of the pitch again before resorting to the safety-first method.

Cole - 7 - I was very impressed by Cole, I would go as far as saying he was our most productive attacking outlet and he did excellently to win the penalty. Very happy with his showing.

Mikel - 7 - I have not been Mikel's biggest fan but he impressed me once more with a composed performance. He did a very good job to screen the two centre-halves and he made some very good and incisive attacking passes. The majority of our best moves were created by his simple passes into space. He will be crucial in the Nou Camp.

Lampard - 7.5 - I thought Frank was our best player yesterday. Nimble-footed and quick across the turf, he looked as if he had a point to prove and I have noticed his passing has returned to its usual standard; he was thrashing 50-yard crossfield passes here, there and everywhere with unerring accuracy. He took the penalty very well - there was no doubt, really! SUPER FRANK! :D

Mata - 6.5 - not as good as he was against Aston Villa but still the major spark of creativity. Just please rest him Robbie!

Ramires - 6.5 - he had a decent game, but oh my goodness - that miss was horrendous! It takes some skill to not only miss the goal from there but also to divert it away from goal. Forgetting that, he was here, there and everywhere and his stamina is exceptional. Typical Ramires performance - solid and unspectacular.

Kalou - 5.5 - on a day where no-one played poorly and certainly very few played well, Kalou was the worst of the lot, in all honesty. He tried but toiled, and though he worked the goalkeeper on a couple of occasions he just was not the same, sharp player we saw against Villa and in the Cathedral. That being said he wasn't as bad as people are making out; just incredibly frustrating. Talk about blowing hot and cold!

Torres - 6 - desperately unlucky to see that shot go wide! He did a good job for the team and worked tirelessly. Despite a lack of service he created space and got himself involved when he could.

SUBS - 6 - did Drogba touch the ball? It doesn't matter, because Meireles did, and BOOM!

RDM - 6 - he got his tactics spot on, but not his team selection. This game was based entirely on Benfica coming forward and us hitting them on the counter, so why was Daniel Sturridge an absentee?

Erm, mind listing out the chances that he got??

Numerous occasions he had the ball on the left flank and did fuck all with it. The guy is useless. Dont defend him, it makes you look stupid.

Cech - 6 - I'm struggling to see why he has been voted man of the match? One very good save besides, and two routine ones, he made a horrendous howler for Garcia's header.

TBF, the whole defence was at fault. Everyone just stood there statically during the corner and nobody was marking Garcia. Yes, Cech could have come for the corner but Garcia was left free to just run through the blue shirts and get a free header. Absolutely diabolical defending all round.