Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

MOTM Lampard. Did well going forward and even done a fair bit of decent defending. Could see how hard he fought throughout the match. Plus, keeping his cool slotting a vital penalty.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, only the latest Anfield game though I don't want to talk about this here, doubt many Chelsea fans are arsed about me talking Everton in the Chelsea forum :P

Well yeah the first game of the season Rodwell shouldn't of been sent off i forgot that. And what else is there to talk about?, damn we been talking about chelsea forever.

Well yeah the first game of the season Rodwell shouldn't of been sent off i forgot that. And what else is there to talk about?, damn we been talking about chelsea forever.

haha okay, we rested about 6 players for the last derby, so it is little surprise we got hammered.

Liverpool are shit and we'll beat them at Wembley, especially the way we're playing. :D

I would rather spurs got through though because Chelsea do extremely well in the FA cup and of course the 09' final :(

Well we did beat you last time out. I'll probably be gone after we lose to you in the FA cup final :cry:

Sorry bro, we have Bigger Fish to fry....Personally you guys can have FA Cup...I want the European Cup...has a better sound to it ;)

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho: "Let me be honest, I don't think the final will be a Real Madrid Chelsea final. I don't think. I prefer to say only this. I don't think it will be Real v Chelsea. It could be Bayern or Barcelona I just don't think it will be Real Madrid v Chelsea and we know why.

I think what Mourinho wants the most is to play us in the final cause it will be easier for him. Fool all the fans and players and beat us in the final like he beat us with Inter! :wank2:

Hahahaha i love how Raul celebrates and then tells the Benfica fans to "shhhhhhhh"

LMAO...BTW, where is that numpty that wanted to bench Tuftie Meireles for McEachran??? I think he has some apologizing to do. In fact, if I haven't...I will now...

Tuftie Meireles....I apologize for any negative comments I made about you. I love you & I am glad you are wearing BLUE!!! Now time to get your serving spoons out CFC...Time to serve that Nice cold dish called revenge to our Spanish, Basque...However you want to categorize them...You know the team that we love to hate. You know the one w/ the Great Theater...I can't wait for this to jump off!!! & No you can't have Romeu back!!!!

Meireles gets so much hate, he's just another one of our midfielders that can't pass for shit :lol: but at least he can hit them from long range!

Seriously we fucking need midfielders that don't give the ball away every second!

I've been reading some of the stories and reactions to the match. One thing really struck me: Jorge Jesus is a deluded, whiny little cunt. Maybe he should quit and go back to teaching art appreciation at a local high school, a vocation more befitting a man with his haircut and style of dress.

Meireles gets so much hate, he's just another one of our midfielders that can't pass for shit :lol: but at least he can hit them from long range!

Seriously we fucking need midfielders that don't give the ball away every second!

Good, now his stock will rise up and we can sell him for a profit this summer! :blue scalf:

I've been reading some of the stories and reactions to the match. One thing really struck me: Jorge Jesus is a deluded, whiny little cunt. Maybe he should quit and go back to teaching art appreciation at a local high school, a vocation more befitting a man with his haircut and style of dress.

This. I honestly can't believe anyone can complain about the penalty and red card.

Red card first, he picked up his first yellow for arguing with the ref, and then a second for a really dangerous tackle that could have easily been given as a straight red. What's the problem here?

Penalty, lol Javi Garcia barged into Cole inside the box, there's no way that will not be given.

Now granted Benfica could have had a pen at home, but different refs have different views on the ball to hand, handball situation. Plus it's a lot easier to give those when the players hands are nowhere close to his sides - like Essien against Man city, or Dossena when we played Napoli..

Apart from that they only have themselves to blame for not taking the chances they created.

Penalty, lol Javi Garcia barged into Cole inside the box, there's no way that will not be given.

Sky Sports, in their post match article, described this incident as a "legal-looking shoulder challenge", which in and of itself sounds like a contradiction in terms.

Sky Sports, in their post match article, described this incident as a "legal-looking shoulder challenge", which in and of itself sounds like a contradiction in terms.

Bullshit. It would have been given as a freekick if it was not in the box, and it was surely a penalty.

Funny thing is he didn't even have to make that challenge, there was another player right there to cover for him.