Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

Hey mates. I'm talking from Lisbon. I really don't agree with that Benfica "fans" who come to your forum just to insult and disrespect Chelsea. I was reading your opinions and I came across with this. Those users do not represent Benfica fans at all. Congratulations to Chelsea, I wish you a good luck facing Farça at the semi-finals.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... first we had angry debates between Napoli and Juventus fans, now Benfica and Porto fans on these boards. Inb4 we have Barcelona fans clashing with Real Madrid fans on here.

Look's like there are more things in common between Porto and Chelsea. Despite representing the football mafia to it's highest level, they are also obcessed with other clubs.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty today, but I think that it wasn't a good performance from the referee.

Agree with that part. He was happily card booking everyone at every single opportunity. No wonder Wenger was furious with him in the last round.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty today, but I think that it wasn't a good performance from the referee.

I agree. He was too free with those yellow cards. I know technically, he's right to book them for arguing but how often do you see that happen? And he was inconsistent, if he was going to be picky and give out bookings for stupid things, then Jesus should have been booked for leaving the technical area. It was a poor performance from him.

And he was really bad with his free kicks tonight. Played advantage at the wrong times, or brought it back for the foul at the wrong times.

im done enough in with the fan fighting warfare, But thats a different thing

referee didn't do good the night ...but it was still a nice game, between two sides both good in their own right,...and instead of calling eachover retards,....enjoy the fact that we both got in the quater final's...something more than manchester did this season

:D

Look's like there are more things in common between Porto and Chelsea. Despite representing the football mafia to it's highest level, they are also obcessed with other clubs.

I can see why Porto are obsessed with you. It's the small brother syndrome. It means a huge deal to them to beat you. Not so for us, we don't have an obsession with anyone, we've always been at least equal to our rivals (except Arsenal).

Not the best performance but a good result nonetheless. Should have killed the tie in 2nd half when playing against ten men and with all those wonderful goal-scoring chances we got but I guess this is the Chelsea we all love, always keeps things interesting till the end no matter what. B)

Barcelona it is then. Wonder if they're going to bring Ovrebo back from retirement for this one? :ph34r:

Sigh... first we had angry debates between Napoli and Juventus fans, now Benfica and Porto fans on these boards. Inb4 we have Barcelona fans clashing with Real Madrid fans on here.

Lol, need to start a mediation thread i think

Anyway, I'm proud of my team and how they reacted playing with 10 men, with a completely new defense and with no defensive miedfielder. I'll come back later or tomorrow when both sides of the discussion are more calm.

:yes:

I can see why Porto are obsessed with you. It's the small brother syndrome. It means a huge deal to them to beat you. Not so for us, we don't have an obsession with anyone, we've always been at least equal to our rivals (except Arsenal).

Sorry! I meant Juventus, not Chelsea!

At the moment is the other way around, Porto has been the best portuguese team for the past 20 years, for benfica fans beating Porto is a huge obcession (last 3 games on their turf Porto won them all for the league). Not to mention the european titles Porto has. Just to be a little informative, not to cause any discussion. :P

/offtopic

I didn't think the result was fair too... we played better, but Chelsea played their game... and even that way Chelsea had 3 or 4 oportunities that were unbelievably missed, especially the one from Ramires. You could've solve the game earlier. The experience and intelligente of the players has an enormous importance in this games, and Chelsea won because of that. You have merit in winning, although the result could be different.

Cheers ;)

And sorry for my poor english.

At the moment is the other way around, Porto has been the best portuguese team for the past 20 years, for benfica fans beating Porto is a huge obcession (last 3 games on their turf Porto won them all for the league). Not to mention the european titles Porto has. Just to be a little informative, not to cause any discussion. :P

/offtopic

But you have historically been the little brother, yes? Very good club but always in the shadow of the two Lisbon teams?