Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the highs recently, thought Torres was pretty average tonight and Luiz reverted into his old self in that first half where he tried to be too clever and overcomplicating things at the back. Nearly costs us on one occasion but luckily Lampard(IIRC) cleared up his mess!

Worse finishing I've seen from our lot this season and Benfica with 10 men could have still snatched something I can't understand the reasoning behind waiting so long to make the substitutions up top when things are obviously not working out. Sturridge should have been on at around the 60min mark to stretch them out he couldn't have been as ineffective in front of goal as the rest of our lot

I fear that due to Raul's wonderful goal he would play far too often which in my eyes isn't very positive for us.

I vote Mata for Motm. Was outstanding til he was hauled off. I thought he was gonna slap Kalou at one point. Kalou was awful. I've ran out of things to say about this guy. He's a cancerous lump to the football club.

Atleast Kalou tries to make things happen and once in a while actually succeeds. Give me that over Malouda standing around and bumping into the first defender any day.

Both need to go but right now we need to make use to what we have got, and out off the two its the Ivorian every time.

Atleast Kalou tries to make things happen and once in a while actually succeeds. Give me that over Malouda standing around and bumping into the first defender any day.

Both need to go but right now we need to make use to what we have got, and out off the two its the Ivorian every time.

Don't forget Sturridge.

The stuff that Mata did do was quality. Mata didn't even play out wide did he? he was hardly ever there. I don't care if Kalou lost the ball less times or whatever than Mata, i don't think they were in the exact same scenario's and ran at defenders the same amount of times and did everything the same. Mata is quality, Kalou is fucking disastrous. I don't care about Malouda or anyone, i am just sick to fucking death of Kalou. He ruins every attack, every single one and it's annoying as hell.

So happy we won tonight!! Though I must say, it was a very shaky end to the game in terms of our passing and decision making, but I ansolutely loved Meireles' strike! What a brilliant goal!

I'll write up my latest vlog tomorrow because I'm so tired, and I just finished talking to Linda on Skype, so I'll get something posted up tomorrow so you guys can read it!

I said this one Twitter & I will say it here...I would like to take back all of the dumb things I have said about Tuftie Meireles. Yes, I felt King Kenny was laughing @ us for the transfer, but after the final whistle I see we got the better deal ;) UTC & lets serve up that cold dish in a couple of weeks.

Mikel was quite good. Some great offensive passes from him that surprised me and his usual calmness on the ball so I voted him. Tough to choose MOTM though...it's never easy with Chelsea this season...

Voted for Mikel too and mostly for the same reasons. Also a foul on him made the referee give Maxi Pereira a sending off which turned out to be a key moment in the match. Chelsea hardly kept the lead when playing against 10 men so I don't even want to know what could have happened if they had 11 for all of the match. :blink: