Should AVB be sacked for Mourinho?

Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

So you think this is a justified argument for shipping out Josh?, to keep a 33 year old happy.

I think shipping out Lampard is minimal requirement for this club to re-succeed. I have no taste for such as Lukaku, but Josh is great. For a 18 years kid more than 90% pass completion almost every game against top teams is simply something you cannot ignore.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being... one of the arguments people use against Mourinho, is that he never gives youth a chance. Yet the average age of our first eleven under AVB, is the same as it was under Mourinho (give or take).

Is any young one that "dropped" by JM eventually succeed and becomes great player, or most of them end up in Cyprus league or alike? If later is the truth then you should blame such as Arnesen not JM.

When Mourinho came here first, he splashed the cash. Spent much money on players. But nowdays, there is no other coach who can bring quality players for less money. Simply because every young talented player around wants to play for him. Almost every. There is no better man for overhaul of squad than him. And by now, he would probably be aware that Chelsea needs creative players and he would bring them. With much better fees than AVB whether you like it or not. Chelsea would become preffered destination not underdogs like last summer ( apart Mata of course). And he would have completely authority. Even if he leaves afterwards, he would set foundations for our transition and only for that I would take him back. I'm sure our board would be smarter second time around.

He wouldn't play old guard simply because he is smart enough to know they won't bring him trophies.

That being said, I don't believe Mourinho would come back here.

When Mourinho came here first, he splashed the cash. Spent much money on players. But nowdays, there is no other coach who can bring quality players for less money. Simply because every young talented player around wants to play for him. Almost every. There is no better man for overhaul of squad than him. And by now, he would probably be aware that Chelsea needs creative players and he would bring them. With much better fees than AVB whether you like it or not. Chelsea would become preffered destination not underdogs like last summer ( apart Mata of course). And he would have completely authority. Even if he leaves afterwards, he would set foundations for our transition and only for that I would take him back. I'm sure our board would be smarter second time around.

He wouldn't play old guard simply because he is smart enough to know they won't bring him trophies.

That being said, I don't believe Mourinho would come back here.

Great point.

Mourinho is a super star.

So far the best points are being made for Mourinho to comeback.

I am still waiting for the response from my friend Henrique, to see what he got to say. :D

Could you just imagine what an amazing moment it would be when you see the SSN breaking news tab running the story that Mourinho has joined Chelsea and several nameless, faceless SSN hacks scrambling about all over the place to find a few random talking heads to fill up air time. And then the first press conference back, what a great occasion that would be too.

I really like AVB, if we dont get Mourinho then sticking with AVB is absolutely fine by me, I think that given the time he will turn the club around. That being said, the lure of Mourinho is great, a proven winner and, as already pointed out, has such a superstar reputation that we would find it far easier to attract big name players. Not only that but if he were to return, you just know that he would be given the funds to go on a big spending spree to rejuvenate a tired squad. For me, the good outweighs the bad. As I said, if he stays in Madrid then I hope we stick with AVB because, bar Mourinho, I wouldn't rather anyone else at the helm.

'If he does'/ 'How long would he stay'/ 'Who will he play'/ 'Who will he sign'/ ... bollocks.

How about showing the current manager some respect and refraining from thrashing out fantasy scenarios involving someone who is at this moment at another club with massive headaches of his own to worry about?

Jesus, the guy shows up in London and everyone gets their knickers in a twist.

You are really undermining Jose's intelligence.

I'm just not convinced that he can keep a cap on Terry, Cole, Lampard etc. who are the core of his support base at the club whilst introducing new players. Of course they respect him but it only takes one of them to be left out of the squad for a game before a domino effect potentially turns his core support base against him. His signings are hardly convincing either and I don't trust Gourlay to decide on players for a new squad

He got refused money in January 2007 but stayed, he got Sheva forced on him (apparently) but stayed and in summer 2007 he was only given money for Malouda and had to settle for the likes of Steve Sidwell but stayed. What other reason apart from loving the club and fans could he give for staying through all of that? If Inter tried any of that he would have walked out on the spot.

But i don't want him back, we must let AVB do his job and build his own team.

Stayed? Left months later. The guy should be ashamed. Real already has Higuain and Benzema and he was asking for another striker in last season, but he had to accept Adebayor on loan.

Stayed? Left months later. The guy should be ashamed. Real already has Higuain and Benzema and he was asking for another striker in last season, but he had to accept Adebayor on loan.

But Higuain had been ruled out for months with a slipped disk or something.

Well, I don't want André sacked period. But if he is sacked, then Mourinho should be the only manager we should target, only for this reason will I vote 'yes'.

Mourinho should be only manager we should NOT target.