Should AVB be sacked for Mourinho?

Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

I think AvB should be given more time, it is clear he has some sort of vision for what he wants for the club for the long run, and even acknowledge's that. The problem that lies with the season we have is that the players are who they are, and our manager is so young and is learning. I think we have bled as much out of this squad as it is, and another managerial transition would put us back into the same position - despite if it is Jose or not. I respect Jose for what he has done with his career, and for his special bond for us and the EPL - but we need to grasp this oppertunity we have with someone like AvB who has a project and at least try to build on it.

If AvB does a large overhaul and brings in some amazing and exceptional buys like he did with Mata and Romeu, maybe we would have more of an eager time to win and maybe we could get somewhere. All i want from this season is a top four finish and the FA Cup honour, which we could do if the players actually get motivated to push on from the team's failings to turn the season around. I don't want AvB sacked, as to me he is someone and something that we haven't had yet, and it might be a good risk to keep him on, as much admiration i have for Jose, this 'project' should be given an oppertunity to run.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think AvB should be given more time, it is clear he has some sort of vision for what he wants for the club for the long run, and even acknowledge's that. The problem that lies with the season we have is that the players are who they are, and our manager is so young and is learning. I think we have bled as much out of this squad as it is, and another managerial transition would put us back into the same position - despite if it is Jose or not. I respect Jose for what he has done with his career, and for his special bond for us and the EPL - but we need to grasp this oppertunity we have with someone like AvB who has a project and at least try to build on it.

If AvB does a large overhaul and brings in some amazing and exceptional buys like he did with Mata and Romeu, maybe we would have more of an eager time to win and maybe we could get somewhere. All i want from this season is a top four finish and the FA Cup honour, which we could do if the players actually get motivated to push on from the team's failings to turn the season around. I don't want AvB sacked, as to me he is someone and something that we haven't had yet, and it might be a good risk to keep him on, as much admiration i have for Jose, this 'project' should be given an oppertunity to run.

I don't think AvB has the ability to get the players motivated yet. I may be wrong but that is my opinion.

I think what semia meant is that SAF buy players not only to win now but also for the long term (smalling, da silva brother, cleverly). When they were bought by SAF, they are not ready to play at PL.

Mourinho on the other hand, his transfer policy has always been to win now. It's true that Mourinho bought young player, but buying young player such as di maria, ozil does not count because not only they does not come cheap but also they are already international level player. It is very difficult to sustain long term success in this way unless you have plenty of capital (ex: Real Madrid)

Umm. except he bought them relatively cheap ... Especially Ozil (15 million euro, on this years short list for ballon d'or) .... both of whom far outclass the united lads so i'd give mourinho the nod. Just happens that the youth he picks out are so good, you have trouble classifying them as youth.So you are completely wrong about that too. lol

I want to see AVB back here at Chelsea when he is older. At his young age I don't think he has the experience needed to manage a club as large and magnificent as CFC. I see a lot of potential in AVB but I don't see it coming too soon. If Abramovich sees the potential coming I think we will be seeing AVB next year.

I don't think AvB has the ability to get the players motivated yet. I may be wrong but that is my opinion.

I wonder how AVB won at his two other previous clubs if he could not motivate the players.

And i remember this exact same line used against Carlo last season - a PL, Serie A, and CL winning coach!!

Umm. except he bought them relatively cheap ... Especially Ozil (15 million euro, on this years short list for ballon d'or) .... both of whom far outclass the united lads so i'd give mourinho the nod. Just happens that the youth he picks out are so good, you have trouble classifying them as youth.So you are completely wrong about that too. lol

Ozil was in his last year of his contract that's why he came in cheap and when you are real madrid ,one the biggest if not the biggest club in the world, it's difficult for anybody to say no (Ronaldo,Sahin,Kaka are league winner in their previous club but when real madrid is calling, they all said yes).

I don't really want to debate about mourinho, for me he is arguably the best manager in the world, however AVB was chosen because chelsea want to move away from power + effective system (ala mourinho) into more expansive system. It is true that our players struggle heavily in this system but I think once we have the players that fit in this new system, we will start playing winning and beautiful football.

I wonder how AVB won at his two other previous clubs if he could not motivate the players.

And i remember this exact same line used against Carlo last season - a PL, Serie A, and CL winning coach!!

I think AVB can motivate players. The players at chelsea are a special case though. Some, not all, but some have a terrible attitude. If AVB motivates those players I would not doubt his coaching ability again.

"Red Rom" is the most unpredictable man on the planet. Don't get into the idea of thinking you've worked him out, the next second he'll do something completely unexpected to throw you off.

edit: It's how great men like him work. Sick of being surrounded by sycophants who will betray him in a heartbeat to claim his power and fortune, always plotting to bring him down, he will keep the insects that scurry around off balance.

Spain annihilated Venenzula last night.If we wish to play like Spain then Roman should not sack AVB.He's come here to change our style of football and implement young talents.Can't see many managers trying to do the same at Chelsea.

Look how Mancini was given almost two seasons to make them title conyenders.

Theres also one thing I don't understand. Joses fanboys say he wins stuff in his second season. Why then don't you give Andre the same treatment?

Theres also one thing I don't understand. Joses fanboys say he wins stuff in his second season. Why then don't you give Andre the same treatment?

That's true.

However, this next month is crucial for AVB.

If SAF isn't some 'miracle working youth developing legend', then how in good gracious is talent like that somehow emerged?

SAF- Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Neville, Fletcher, Butt, Pique, Brown, Oshea, Rossi, Welbeck, Cleverly

The question is not if pep can only be judged if he goes for another club, it's actually a matter if he can continue to produce great players year after year comparable to the likes of SAF.

the majority of the players you mentioned are from the one generation, hardly a conveyor belt of youth. Pique and Rossi never really kicked a ball for manure so its not like he nurtured them through and as for brown and oshea. .seriously? Its hard to compete against fergie because of his longevity at one club but If most managers stayed as long as he has I think they would have brought through plenty of youth, in fact wenger in half the time is more renowned for bringing youth through. Manure are continually big spenders and where the biggest until Roman and the sheiks came to town.

No the question is can pep do it with a team that doesn't have some of the best players on the planet including THE best player on the planet? That will be the teller because he still has the world beating side of recent years now including cesc and Sanchez and he seems to be struggling already this season.

The reason people wont give him a second season is because its easy to talk about winning nothing for a few years in the interest of transition but its very different in reality. I genuinely hope avb gets the chance to bring in his own team, think it could be great. By the way what is with this fan boy shit? Seems like you can't like a legend of this club without being labeled a fan boy! Ridiculous.

When Fergie came to utd they were by far the biggest spenders in the lge, i may be wrong on total figures but, when every other team was spending 10-20 million, utd were spending up to 90 million in his first couple of seasons....he was an equalising goal away from being turfed out....

utd had the money and fergie realised youth structure was the basis for the club...giggs,beckham and all only came through when he was there for 5-7 yrs. but inbetween those yrs they still bought heavily....

as said above Wenger has brought more youth through than Fergie who still pays large amounts for players, Ferdinand, berba, Rooney, look at all the keepers he's had, all the wingers etc etc and also this years crop,

he did exactly what Chelsea and City done, bought good quality experience players, until his "youth" come through.....but what he done over past years that Chelsea failed to do was, he didn't neglect the new supply of fresh talent a team needs...we did since Jose left ------we should have done like him and integrated both youth andf 1-2 young players yearly....

I hope AVB is given a couple of yrs to get it right..thrown in at the deep end.. established players on big wages and big egos that failed to realise their game is failing and the team needs freshening.........

If Torres and all were doing there jobs properly and scoring freely, we would not be having this ever increasing thread and the integration of youth etc would be taking place......as with Carlo the pressure for points is restricting this....(and don't the press love it)

phew

Don't you think you are being a little over extreme. Both of you have different opinions but that's fine. I agree that he is not the best manager in the world but you can not deny the trophies he has one. He has won at just about every club he has been at. Look at Inter Milan without Mourinho, heck, look at us without Mourinho.

Extreme over what exactly? Please go & read this lads first response to me which I believe is at the top of page 13 & then ask yourself whether my post constitutes him calling me a 'pathetic fool' & apparently I'm irrational & illogical?

A little confused by your post as you have quoted me yet you are concurring with part of what I've been trying to say?