Should AVB be sacked for Mourinho?

Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

Mourinho coming back would leave me in a more ecstatic state than when we won the double. If we do let go of AVB, we have to pull out everything we've got to bring Jose back. There is absolutely no one else left with quality and experience who would take this job, except Rafa, but his quality is debatable and I'm sure we'd all agree Rafa would be the worst manager in the recent history of this club.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Zero chance he moves on. He has won everything everywhere else, coached all the big clubs and wants to be in England for good. He has indicated he finally wants to settle down. No reason to believe he would have left Chelsea if he was not forced out. He still had something to prove with Spain which is why he accepted madrid. He knows the one thing he is missing the a fergie-like legacy, what better place to do it than where he is already revered ?? He is coming to stay for the long haul, that's obvious. What is he going to do, jump between premier league clubs ? Ridiculous.

2. May not have involved as much youth at Inter as I would have liked, but three trophies is the most important thing. AVB is no better with youth, nor are most top managers bar Fergie and Wenger. But, if youth players have the necessary talent, of course he would play them. He brought in a relatively unproven drogba (drogue peaked late remember, so despite his age, he was pretty much a youth in terms of experience) and made him into a star didn't he ? So I'm not too bothered about this. He would not be any worse than AVB, difference is, we would have trophies to show for it.

2. I'd rather have Anelka on the wing and sturridge in the center than sturridge on the wind and torres in the center. We didn't get anything out of selling him, might as well have waited until the end of the season when we were in a position to get strong replacements. Our squad is thin as it is.

1. He's not managed an international team yet... :lol:

2. "if a youth player has the necessary talent, of course he would play them" so why in fucks name is AVB getting stick here? maybe, just maybe these youth players people keep going on and on about just aren't that good?

Oh and i'm pretty sure Sturridge counts more as a youth/unproven player than Drogba - who scored 32 goals for Marseille, and we paid 24m for - and AVB made him a starter from the very first game he was available for.

At Inter he did quite well with Davide Santon, till Santon let three goals in during a single half.

And AVB has done well with Sturridge and Romeu. 2 > 1 :P

Sampling of Mourinho's youth: DiMaria (22 when he came in for 25 mill euro), Ozil (21 when he was brought in for 15 mill euros). Beat that AVB - or anyone -. Who says Mourinho can't find young talent? Difference is the young talent he finds are ready to make an impact on day one, unlike AVB's that languish on the bench.

Only Mourinho would have enough clout and credibility of a long stay if he accepts to come back to put a lid on the clubs board room transfer policy (which they have because they know they fire managers constantly, so to ensure the team gets renewed they have to control transfers up top where things are stable).

You can't compare the 80s when Fergie came in to now, two completely different eras with different approaches to hiring / firing coaches. AVB had two windows to make changes, he let some of our best option out front go (Anelka, would have allowed us to play sturridge in the middle if we kept him and played him on the wing, should have used his influence to convince him to stay - and Alex to a lesser degree).

Mourinho would bring in even better players, if AVB is decent at bringing in players (which is one of many many important skills, and one he is not the best at, that would go to Wenger) that's not enough to justify picking him over the best coach in the world even if we incorrectly assume he is better at identifying talent.

Mourinho brought in Drogba and Carvalho, that alone proves his eye for talent and getting the best out of people (look at how Carvalho fared at Madrid) He knows exactly when players are up. Have any of his teams had pensioners in them ? Any ? Not one. He knows what he wants, has very exacting standards and makes sure his players reach them. If he wins la liga which seems like a certainty, and then the champions league on top of that, what more proof do you need that his system is best ?

I think he would rebuild a new team, and get the best out of what we have, and slowly integrate youth (avb has not integrated youth at ALL so i don't see how he is one iota better). Mourinho desires success above all, what makes you think that he would let anything compromise that for one second ?

Only he can control our dressing room, and our old guard will only accept a gigs type role under a man of his stature if he tells them to because they trust him and know it is in the best interests of the team.

I think drogba costed us around 24 m pound in 2004 that will be at least 35-40 m in current transfer market. Mourinho best skill is not transfer at all, he bought plenty of good players but they were expensive signing, with ffp coming up Chelsea simply cannot do that. I think he spent around 30 m euro for coentrao, and AVB could not even afford to get perreira.

Again, AVB had one transfer window (you cannot count january transfer) and Mourinho is not known for his youth policy either, I really doubt sturridge will ever get a chance to get into the first team if not for AVB.

IMO AVB biggest mistake is that early in the season he assessed his squad wrongly , he came from Porto to PL runner up, you would think that malouda,kalou,lampard,terry, bosingwa,etc , all of them are in the national team, should be better than his porto squad but they are not.

Like I said before, Mourinho is arguably the best manager in the world right now, not only he is great in term getting the best of his players but his system is very effective system. But I thought we want to move away from that system into a more expansive and beautiful system. This is probably my biggest reason why I don't want mourinho back at chelsea

Sampling of Mourinho's youth: DiMaria (22 when he came in for 25 mill euro), Ozil (21 when he was brought in for 15 mill euros). Beat that AVB - or anyone -. Who says Mourinho can't find young talent? Difference is the young talent he finds are ready to make an impact on day one, unlike AVB's that languish on the bench.

Only Mourinho would have enough clout and credibility of a long stay if he accepts to come back to put a lid on the clubs board room transfer policy (which they have because they know they fire managers constantly, so to ensure the team gets renewed they have to control transfers up top where things are stable).

Lol you're just talking about good young players he paid big money for. Ozil and Di maria were already pretty established and great players at their previous clubs, just like Drogba was.

It would be like us giving AVB credit for developing/finding Mata...

Oh and are you forgetting Sahin? :D

if he leaves Madrid, what makes you think he won't leave us in 1-2 years? then we'll be in the same situation.

Because he loves Chelsea. If Jose wasn't sacked 4 years ago, then he'll still be at Chelsea now and we'll probably have more trophies, and be in a better position then what we are in now. he is the best manager in the world. Why would you not want him back at Chelsea?

I think a lot of people are jumping the gun here...first of all, Mourinho being sighted in London doesn't mean jack...Its not the first time he's come to Chelsea since he was sacked, and second of all there's no real evidence AVB is getting the chop, (although there were hints from the way he conducted himself in his recent interview).

I think a lot rides on how this next month goes (include the CL second leg against Napoli). If he can turn this around things will look a lot better for him.

Maybe the poll/thread should be renamed to "If AVB is sacked, would you support Jose returning as manager". I voted yes, but I don't want AVB to be sacked.

No. This is the right poll, if you want AVB staying yout cant desire Mourinho's return, if you want Mourinho back it means AVB is not the right man for the job, otherwise why would you want another manager?

Because he loves Chelsea. If Jose wasn't sacked 4 years ago, then he'll still be at Chelsea now and we'll probably have more trophies, and be in a better position then what we are in now. he is the best manager in the world. Why would you not want him back at Chelsea?

No, he will leave as soon as he asks to spend 70m in winter market and the board refuse.

Forget it, he is not returnig. If he is buying a house in London its because he will manage Spurs or Arsenal next season, or because he will be next England NT head coach.

Mourinho doesnt love Chelsea, he loves himself so much that there is no room to love clubs.

what makes people so sure Mourinho will leave in 1 or 2 years time? he has already achieved so much in Italy and in Spain (when he wins the La Liga title this season) so why would he leave? no way will he leave us and move straight to another PL club, he has always said he would never do that, so where else would he go? Milan?doubt it he wouldn't do that to the Inter fans and he got on terribly with the Italian media. Barcelona maybe? of course not they hate him, and would never want him as their manager. Bayern maybe? i doubt it, he would never get full control of the club. So imo if Jose comes back he will be here for a long long time.