Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Tomo -91

With all due respect to AVB and his knowledge, he indeed can become world class manager here or somewhere else , but to replicate what success? Winning Europa League, the competition that , last time I checked, only few want to see Chelsea in. Many Chelsea fans see Europa League like nightmare competition. And yet, people are praising him for that tittle. It's quite funny.

He had the best squad in Porto on his disposal, with the best striker who was in form, in Portugal League so the tittle and Cup are quite big, but not the biggest achievements.

He has potential to be great and everything but he is not there just yet. And replicate of his success at this moment would include channel number 5 football as you like to call it.

So in order to succeed, here or somewhere else, he needs to do way more ( learning included) than to replicate his success.

Benfica won the league the season before AVB took over and look like doing it the season after (this season) which dispells that myth of he took over the best team.

Look at all the records he broke aswell at a young age, records Jose or SBR could not touch.

Lets not forget he also took Portugal's worst team to mid table.

If AVB were to be sacked then Jose is the man id want back no question about it. Never understand the mindless hatred of the man from some quarters on here. His record speaks for itself and he is without a doubt one of the most loved managers we have had.

That's always been a serious bone of contention of mine on here, its just mind numbing! Jose was not only the most loved but IS the most successful manager in our history but of course that counts for nothing..................

Lampy i salute you for some of your posts and Laura90 again makes a pertinent point in that Jose will attract the players we need to reinvigorate this squad because what fans must realize is that finishing out of the top 4 this season is more than a distinct possibility, it will be much more difficult to recruit top players then, he will also squeeze every bit of the best out of the 'old guard' and get rid of the mediocrity that has infested itself in our squad. When Andre was appointed i felt sure that the hierarchy had finally been put in their place as regards transfers but oh no we have found out recently that they still have their grubby fingers in the transfer pie which categorically must not happen, Jose's return would put an end to that.

Jose already has the ear of the old guard so he will be up to speed on the current status of the club, including some very exciting young players coming through the ranks - he will know their are many positives still at the club just a matter of putting the right pieces to fit the jigsaw and without question he is the man to do it. Oh this bit about stability and Jose not staying, what makes you lot think that AVB will stay after 3 years if he indeed is successful and last out his contract? Whats to say he won't up sticks and go to Barca or Madrid if they come calling?

Anyway its all hypothetical as things stand now but i do fear for Andre if we get knocked out by Napoli, i can see his long term vision and totally agree with it but i worry that his man-management skills are letting him down and i think that always stands great managers apart - this is were Jose stands leagues above every other manager bar a very select few.

I hope Andre can turn it around but if not and it meant the special one returning then i'm in!

This dreaming of a Jose return and miraculously raising the dead(wood) isnt going to happen , Moreover it adds to the air of instability.

We had great days with Jose . Now we must look to the future with realism . I hate to break bad news but Father Xmas doesnt live in Lapland

and bring you presents.

Jose inherited a good squad and spent a fortune, AVB inherited shit and was given peanuts to spend.

Jose spent about 110m in his first season and most of those players continued our success long after he left, i wouldn't call 70 odd million 'peanuts' to spend either? I'm pretty sure the like of David Moyes would love that sort of investment. Yes he inherited some shit but he should of weeded and fucked off the mediocrity in July, August last year and replaced it with quality - something Jose did remember!

Claiming he is one of the best managers in the world is different from saying he is the best manager, i'd love for you to convince me otherwise

I didn't say he was the best manager but I could point to the length of time he has been in the game,which isn't a massive amount of time, and the amount of major trophies he has won (2 European cups with 2 different teams as well as winning the title in every country he has been in which will continue failing a miracle this season) to make the point. You should try making some points yourself instead of coming in with useless comments like 'mourinho best manager, Ha that's a laugh'

Jose spent about 110m in his first season and most of those players continued our success long after he left, i wouldn't call 70 odd million 'peanuts' to spend either? I'm pretty sure the like of David Moyes would love that sort of investment. Yes he inherited some shit but he should of weeded and fucked off the mediocrity in July, August last year and replaced it with quality - something Jose did remember!

AVB spent 70m?

You should only count the 70m spend on players available as first team not for the future!

And AVB not spending was due to his arrogance and naivety.

This was a mistake, so it's not a trait that would be consider superior to Mourinho.....

Mata, Lukaku, Meireles, Courtois, Romeu, Cahill, De Bruyen (sp?) Bamford, you do the sums fella. Reporter on talksport said it was in excess of 75m so i was being conservative.

To be fair, he only signed Mata, Meireles, Romeu & Cahill. If you catch my drift ;)

You should only count the 70m spend on players available as first team not for the future!

And AVB not spending was due to his arrogance and naivety.

This was a mistake, so it's not a trait that would be consider superior to Mourinho.....

Why? Any manager is accountable for his expenditure, the fact he doesn't use the tools he builds with is his funeral.

He's deliberately doing that though, some kind of joke only he seems to find funny. Bet he wasn't laughing once handed the pink slip and getting in deep shit, was he?

lol yeah obviously he was just taken the piss. Its pretty bad though ay.

Why? Any manager is accountable for his expenditure, the fact he doesn't use the tools he builds with is his funeral.

Your right but as LDN hinted at i dont believe he is accountable for Lukaku or Curtois and he made no secret of De Bruyne not being his signing