Should AVB be sacked for Mourinho?

Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

Giving all the turmoil in the club, and the recent speculation of Mourinho quitting Madrid this summer, do you see it wise from the board and Roman to sack AVB and replace him with Mourinho in the summer?

Of course this can be nothing but a big farse and Mourinho end up at Spurs, while AVB continues his job or gets sack for another manager.

But since all the talk is about a possible Mourinho come back I want to know what is your view if that where to happen?

Discuss away!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Mourinho is a great manager, imo arguably the best manager in the world right now

But I really want to see how avb system really works if he has the player that he need at his diposal (high pressure + high line -> the two things that we cannot do with our current squad)

If you're saying no to Mourinho, quite possibly the best coach in the world that has gone from success to success in every situation imaginable, and did so much for this club, then you better explain why. So far, i haven't heard anything convincing. "Oh i don't want him back, we just need a new team" does not mean anything at all. If he does come back he will build a new team and take us to glory once again. He is the only person with the clout to be bigger than Roman and his board. He has 100% confidence of the fans and the squad. Everyone believes in him, i think he's the perfect man for the job.

Definitely not.

We don't need Mourinho back (at least imo) , we need to overhaul a squad of past it/shit players that have failed in two consecutive seasons, under two different managers.

I think Mourinho is the person to bring in some new great talent. He did it before he can do it again.

If The Special One comes back to the Bridge, I will personally will goto London & throw rose petals at his feet & give him a welcome that is deserving of a King. He was the one that started this Championship Era of the Blues. I don't care how arrogant he is. I don't care if other fans hate us more. Mourinho @ CFC is similar to what white on rice is. The two simply go together.

I think Mourinho is the person to bring in some new great talent. He did it before he can do it again.

AVB brought in Mata, Romeu, Cahill and Meireles. Except for Meireles - who was most likely a last minute signing 'cos we failed to get Modric - they have been very good so far. (Cahill has only played a couple games, but he's impressed me)

If you're saying no to Mourinho, quite possibly the best coach in the world that has gone from success to success in every situation imaginable, and did so much for this club, then you better explain why. So far, i haven't heard anything convincing. "Oh i don't want him back, we just need a new team" does not mean anything at all. If he does come back he will build a new team and take us to glory once again. He is the only person with the clout to be bigger than Roman and his board. He has 100% confidence of the fans and the squad. Everyone believes in him, i think he's the perfect man for the job.

If Mourinho comes back what do you think he'll do: give the youth a chance? rely on the old guard? or buy a new team?

AVB made a mistake last summer by putting so much faith in the squad we currently have, and going by his comments since i'm pretty sure he regrets it and will try to fix this in time for next season.

He deserves this chance imo (what really is the point of hiring one of the most promising young managers in Europe, and firing him after one mediocre season? if only Man utd had fired Fergie after a couple seasons of shittyness) just like Carlo deserved this season to fix our problems of last season.

You can't compare the 80s when Fergie came in to now, two completely different eras with different approaches to hiring / firing coaches. AVB had two windows to make changes, he let some of our best option out front go (Anelka, would have allowed us to play sturridge in the middle if we kept him and played him on the wing, should have used his influence to convince him to stay - and Alex to a lesser degree).

Mourinho would bring in even better players, if AVB is decent at bringing in players (which is one of many many important skills, and one he is not the best at, that would go to Wenger) that's not enough to justify picking him over the best coach in the world even if we incorrectly assume he is better at identifying talent.

Mourinho brought in Drogba and Carvalho, that alone proves his eye for talent and getting the best out of people (look at how Carvalho fared at Madrid) He knows exactly when players are up. Have any of his teams had pensioners in them ? Any ? Not one. He knows what he wants, has very exacting standards and makes sure his players reach them. If he wins la liga which seems like a certainty, and then the champions league on top of that, what more proof do you need that his system is best ?

I think he would rebuild a new team, and get the best out of what we have, and slowly integrate youth (avb has not integrated youth at ALL so i don't see how he is one iota better). Mourinho desires success above all, what makes you think that he would let anything compromise that for one second ?

Only he can control our dressing room, and our old guard will only accept a gigs type role under a man of his stature if he tells them to because they trust him and know it is in the best interests of the team.

You can't compare the 80s when Fergie came in to now, two completely different eras with different approaches to hiring / firing coaches. AVB had two windows to make changes, he let some of our best option out front go (Anelka, would have allowed us to play sturridge in the middle if we kept him and played him on the wing, should have used his influence to convince him to stay - and Alex to a lesser degree).

Mourinho would bring in even better players, if AVB is decent at bringing in players (which is one of many many important skills, and one he is not the best at, that would go to Wenger) that's not enough to justify picking him over the best coach in the world even if we incorrectly assume he is better at identifying talent.

Mourinho brought in Drogba and Carvalho, that alone proves his eye for talent and getting the best out of people (look at how Carvalho fared at Madrid) He knows exactly when players are up. Have any of his teams had pensioners in them ? Any ? Not one. He knows what he wants, has very exacting standards and makes sure his players reach them. If he wins la liga which seems like a certainty, and then the champions league on top of that, what more proof do you need that his system is best ?

I think he would rebuild a new team, and get the best out of what we have, and slowly integrate youth (avb has not integrated youth at ALL so i don't see how he is one iota better). Mourinho desires success above all, what makes you think that he would let anything compromise that for one second ?

Only he can control our dressing room, and our old guard will only accept a gigs type role under a man of his stature if he tells them to because they trust him and know it is in the best interests of the team.

Like he brought through youth at Inter and Madrid? :rolleyes: what are the odds on him coming here for 2 seasons and fucking off to somewhere else as soon as the opportunity knocks?

Anelka and Alex should not have stayed. They both weren't playing well and we had a very good chance to get rid of them.

And i'm not comparing Fergie in the 80's to AVB now, just pointing out what he was able to accomplish when the board didn't decide to fire him after one bad season, like our's so frequently do...

Like he brought through youth at Inter and Madrid? :rolleyes: what are the odds on him coming here for 2 seasons and fucking off to somewhere else as soon as the opportunity knocks?

Anelka and Alex should not have stayed. They both weren't playing well and we had a very good chance to get rid of them.

And i'm not comparing Fergie in the 80's to AVB now, just pointing out what he was able to accomplish when the board didn't decide to fire him after one bad season, like our's so frequently do...

1. Zero chance he moves on. He has won everything everywhere else, coached all the big clubs and wants to be in England for good. He has indicated he finally wants to settle down. No reason to believe he would have left Chelsea if he was not forced out. He still had something to prove with Spain which is why he accepted madrid. He knows the one thing he is missing the a fergie-like legacy, what better place to do it than where he is already revered ?? He is coming to stay for the long haul, that's obvious. What is he going to do, jump between premier league clubs ? Ridiculous.

2. May not have involved as much youth at Inter as I would have liked, but three trophies is the most important thing. AVB is no better with youth, nor are most top managers bar Fergie and Wenger. But, if youth players have the necessary talent, of course he would play them. He brought in a relatively unproven drogba (drogue peaked late remember, so despite his age, he was pretty much a youth in terms of experience) and made him into a star didn't he ? So I'm not too bothered about this. He would not be any worse than AVB, difference is, we would have trophies to show for it.

3. I'd rather have Anelka on the wing and sturridge in the center than sturridge on the wind and torres in the center. We didn't get anything out of selling him, might as well have waited until the end of the season when we were in a position to get strong replacements. Our squad is thin as it is.

4. AVB will be fired, if not this year, then next. If you want a manager with enough clout to over rule our board because the board will be scared shitless that fans will riot if they do, only one man fits that bill, Mourinho. He is bigger than the board at this point, everyone knows it. If they have to beg him to come back, and he has 3 CL trophies (assuming he wins with real, which he will), and trophies in different leagues, then the board won't be able to say the coach is the problem with credibility like they can with a novice like AVB. They'll have to change either themselves, the players, or whatever like Mourinho sees fit because he is in a position of influence over them

At Inter he did quite well with Davide Santon, till Santon let three goals in during a single half.