Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why Bosingwa is getting so much hate. YES he is a shit footballer, but Cole has been just as bad as him this season. It just gets overlooked because it's easier to blame the brainless Portuguese for everything.

And apart from that goal line clearance (which was superb), cole was a complete liability tonight.

AVB keeps making ridiculous subs... didn't want to play Cole (he had to play him due to Bosingwa's injury), Lampard and Essien as starters, but in the end all of them were playing... what really did hurt us were individual mistakes and lack of heart. I'm still optimistic but after this performance I don't know if there's any real reason I should be.

we saw today what a good winger can bring to the table

Excellent point. Danny really disapointed me today, I was expecting (maybe unrightly so) much more from him on the wing. But even more desperately we need a clinical striker. If we had a player like Van Persie ( or even Daren Bent dare I say) we would've gotten something out of this match. We had at least a dozen chances that were begging for a proper finish.

Blame the manager , Blame the defense or Blame the forwards all you want but today we lost the game in midfield , Ramires and Miereles are the poorest starting midfield in any semi-big club , they costed us possesion in some criritical situations , Miereles was at fault for 1st goal , they didn't support their defense or protect the back four , they didn't add anything offensively , kept us always under-pressure and they just keep running like headless chicken.

I am sure the scene of Ramires running past players is great to watch but we can't keep starting a midfielder just because who has pace , which is surprisengly not essential for midfielders , his possessioning is abysmal and his tactically a liability , his passing was as usual woeful .

The major problem is unfortunately they are the better than lamps , Mikel and may be Romeu and Essien , Hopefully we are gonna change the all 3 starting midfielders next year with the exception of may be Romeu or Ramires.

Lose the midfield battle and you will lose games , that is why we keep losing and AVB can do nothing about it , all six of our midfielders can't fuckin pass the ball which is the basic skill of any midfielder not to speak about vision and creativity.

How in gods name is this AVB's fault? His tactics were spot on, and if we had players that could finish we'd be celebrating a famous win.

We need a young, hungry striker in the summer, Send Torres out on loan back to Spain and see how he fares out there.

AVB keeps making ridiculous subs... didn't want to play Cole (he had to play him due to Bosingwa's injury), Lampard and Essien as starters, but in the end all of them were playing... what really did hurt us were individual mistakes and lack of heart. I'm still optimistic but after this performance I don't know if there's any real reason I should be.

I heard cole was around 90 % and other that one save, he actually played poorly

Essien and Lampard are slow player and Napoli played fast, we will be even worse defensively with those two in midfield.

Our major problem was actually is creating chances, the only player who can do that is mata and maybe iva.