Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we can fully blame AVB for selection, okay maybe Romeu or someone would of been a better pick, but i think he had to pick Meireles because Essien doesn't have pace, yes he's better but he has to leave games early i think he is still recovering. His only choice was Meireles to be fair, he's just shit and shouldn't of been bought in the first place. The biggest problem of the season was not buying players, we must learn from this.

yes you are

No disgrace ,,decent effort ,,,beaten by a lack of clinical finishing and poor defending punished . Those "fans " calling everything shit should

grow up or fuck off

And YOU should stop to act like that, its getting more than boring. It was almost 4-1 and for you it was a "decent effort".

YOU should fuck off, because YOU are a joke.

I'll start the same team, except Cole for Bos and Essien for Meireles. Malouda was good today imo, Lampsy did nothing absolutely nothing of value for the entire time he was on. And, next time I'll sub in Torres if Drogba has another horrid half. 2-0 is def possible, just gotta be positive.

Tactically we did very well. We absorbed ther pressure at the start of the match then got a goal. But individual mistakes are killing us. 3 goals 3 stupid defensive mistakes. And on the other end we could've got the 2-0 with a couple of chances, we should've got the 2-2 and Drogba's last chance to give us a decent chance in the return was executed horribly.

Players who make those kinds of mistakes in my opinion do not deserve to be playing at this level.

Head up lads. This season was always going to be difficult and you can see on the pitch that the team is just not together as one like previous seasons. There is so much to learn for all involved, including us fans. We have seen worse days then this is our history. Chelsea will be back, it may not be this season or the season after but in time we will be back to one of the best.

I'll have sobered up and will be in the same line of thought tomorrow, hopefully. Glad to see some optimism. Just feel sad that, on a game where I felt confident, defensive lethargy and a lack of application has left us with egg on our faces, ONCE AGAIN.

Cech – He finally gives one of his due performances, one of his best performances for some time. pretty good, could have done better for the last goal.

Ivanovic – I thought he had an OK/bad first half, didn’t really look too troubled. The second half, not so much.

Gary Cahill – Very poor, looked like on his first Champions League game, like a Clownfish amongst Sharks.

David Luiz – Neither awful nor breathtaking, but arguably at fault for the goal

Ashley Cole – One excellent goal line clearance, which could have buried the tie.

Merieles – Never Chelsea material for me and he really showed how bad he is today. Such a un-caring attitude, he just casually sticks his leg out similar to Bosingwa in that respect.

Ramires- Another poor performer, very unusual from him. Gave away to ball quite a bit.

Mata – Unsurprisingly the bright spark again. Feel sorry for him he’s so determined, I wish the players around him had his attitude.

Malouda – Very quiet, didn’t contribute, not what you want from someone in his position but I’ve come to expect that. Although to be fair he did have a couple of good moments, and at least he didn’t making any costly errors…

Sturridge – Improved as the game went on and was unlucky at times. He didn’t have much to feed into.

Drogba – He was doing all the talking before the game but I’m pretty sure he himself didn’t step up to the level he was telling everyone else too.

Bosingwa – N/a

Lampard – Nothing, needs to stop sulking.

Essien – Same as above.

One the whole I don’t think we’re out of this, if Napoli defend anything like they did today, and we play to our expected level we can still go through.

If Romeu had been playing consistently leading up to the game, and playing well, then I can understand people asking for his inclusion. But he hasn't played properly for ages (can anyone explain why he's been excluded as of late? Because I certainly can't.)

Can't believe it. We completely dominated them in the 2nd half until their goal. They looked LOST. But thanks to schoolboy defending by Cole, Luiz and Cech, we've lost this.

For their third, I personally place the most blame on Cole. Yes, both Luiz and Cech's defending was a joke. But Cole's defending was a DISGRACE. He was practically in line with cavani when the ball was played over the top. Yet he didn't give a fuck and let him run past. Fucking liability.

Well after that we totally lost whatever foothold we had in the game. Couldn't put 5 decent passes together.

Tactics-wise, we werent that bad. Individuals let AVB and the team down.

We still CAN win this tie, but it's going to take something very very special indeed.

I have to agree cole was very poor, maggio keep bombing from the right.

to be fair, he saved us one goal.

btw we always buy player who score against us :

I certainly will not complain if we get cavani and lavezzi.

Cavani was outstanding, I don't think luiz and cahill have idea how to handle him

Lampard did fuck all so if he ever moans about not starting AVB should just show him the DVDs of his recent performances. Meireles although shit was more suited to the type of tactics we wanted to use today.

Fuck. If we had a solid defense and not these clowns, we'd have won this comfortably.

Cech – Fantastic, He finally gives one of his due performances, one of his best performances for some time., Fantastic

Ivanovic – I thought he had an OK/bad first half, didn’t really look too troubled. The second half, not so much.

Gary Cahill – Very poor, looked like on his first Champions League game, like a Clownfish amongst Sharks.

David Luiz – Neither awful nor breathtaking, but arguably at fault for the goal

Ashley Cole – One excellent goal line clearance, which could have buried the tie.

Merieles – Never Chelsea material for me and he really showed how bad he is today. Such a un-caring attitude, he just casually sticks his leg out similar to Bosingwa in that respect.

Ramires- Another poor performer, very unusual from him. Gave away to ball quite a bit.

Mata – Unsurprisingly the bright spark again. Feel sorry for him he’s so determined, I wish the players around him had his attitude.

Malouda – Very quiet, didn’t contribute, not what you want from someone in his position but I’ve come to expect that. Although to be fair he did have a couple of good moments, and at least he didn’t making any costly errors…

Sturridge – Improved as the game went on and was unlucky at times. He didn’t have much to feed into.

Drogba – He was doing all the talking before the game but I’m pretty sure he himself didn’t step up to the level he was telling everyone else too.

Bosingwa – N/a

Lampard – Nothing

Essien – Same as above.

One the whole I don’t think we’re out of this, if Napoli defend anything like they did today, and we play to our expected level we can still go through.

Ivanovic was the one who practically allowed Cavani to take the lead

it was all down to meireles or lets call him morethenless after today... horrendus... for me mikel and ess all the way in that double anchor role... ramy did fuck'n win ONE or TWO takles... this is more then awefull... couldn't belive what this both players produced today... i was shure avb would react straight afterway and get them both off the field... i couldnt count how often ramy did loos the ball, had a bad touch, couldn't controll the ball...

he was at fault for the first goal for not running in the path of lavezzi and blocking him....

tho 2:0 is quite possible against this fucked up napoli defense... we just have to keep malouda, meireles away from the trainingground like with alex and nico and get rid of them as soon as possible...