Napoli 3-1 Chelsea

Steve

Man of the Match (obvious tongue-in-cheek expression...)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who was, in your view, the best Chelsea player against Napoli??

• Petr Cech
    • Juan Mata
    • Gary Cahill
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • David Luiz
    • Raul Meireles
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • Ramires
    • Jose Bosingwa
    • Florent Malouda
    • SUB - Frank Lampard
    • SUB - Ashley Cole
    • SUB - Michael Essien

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck. If we had a solid defense and not these clowns, we'd have won this comfortably.

I know..but hasn't it always been like this in recent seasons when JT is out? There's no Carvalho or Alex who have the tactical knowledge to defend in situations like this.

No disgrace ,,decent effort ,,,beaten by a lack of clinical finishing and poor defending punished . Those "fans " calling everything shit should

grow up or fuck off

The problem is it's not only this match. I am seriously starting to doubt if the players have the ability to finish or defend properly. If not, do they deserve to be playing in the CL quarter finals?

I'll have sobered up and will be in the same line of thought tomorrow, hopefully. Glad to see some optimism. Just feel sad that, on a game where I felt confident, defensive lethargy and a lack of application has left us with egg on our faces, ONCE AGAIN.

I know this mate, but did you actually think we were going to go out there and get a win? The lack of spirit showed on the ground was not nice to see but these problems clearly started before tonight. I was never confident going into the game because because we are in the period where nothing is certain. We could win a game 5-0 one week and then lose 2-0 the next, thats just the way things are at the moment. But there is no point beating yourself up over it because it was bound to happen sooner or later.

If Romeu had been playing consistently leading up to the game, and playing well, then I can understand people asking for his inclusion. But he hasn't played properly for ages (can anyone explain why he's been excluded as of late? Because I certainly can't.)

yes i can.. he played like shit from the arsenal game onwards... thats a fact... but thats no difference fro the whole rest of the team... maybe some of the users at this board understand NOW that ramy is not a fucking DM at any given day...

The problem is it's not only this match. I am seriously starting to doubt if the players have the ability to finish or defend properly. If not, do they deserve to be playing in the CL quarter finals?

It's the defending that worries me more. Individually, these players are not THAT BAD. Yet when they have to defend as a unit (defending crosses, etc) they look lost. Like they've just met each other and have no clue what their roles are. Unbelievable. And it's been this way for many years now. I don't understand why we always have so many problems from set pieces/crosses from wide areas

I know this mate, but did you actually think we were going to go out there and get a win? The lack of spirit showed on the ground was not nice to see but these problems clearly started before tonight. I was never confident going into the game because because we are in the period where nothing is certain. We could win a game 5-0 one week and then lose 2-0 the next, thats just the way things are at the moment. But there is no point beating yourself up over it because it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Yes. As I have been saying, they are an average side, but for a talented front three. Tonight proved that, and I was also confident because of the loss of their manager.

Oh well, going to go and rape the shit out of some people on COD.

We could have won easily. Damn shit Napoli were beatable today, but those defensive mistakes..Whoever said JT is not needed anymore, today's lose showed us how it really is...

Decent tactics from AVB, we were dangerous in attack, created many chances but didn't score any goal..if we ain't counting gift from Cannavaro.

Still have trust in AVB. We can do it. Upcoming league fixtures can help Drogba to get in form and then I am optimistic. And best thing is that Meireles won't play at SB. Come on CHELSEA!

We can blame the manager, but we have to face the facts, our team is not good enough.

Most of our players are simply not good enough or just too old.

Raul and Ramires were bad tonight just bad.

Drogba was poor as well, how many touches did he have?

We can sack AVB, and most of you on this forum will be happy, lets bring a manager who can get the best out of the players, but this will last for a couple of months or a season... these players are just too old and/or not good enough.

Like the last couple of seasons.. the contrast between our double winning season to the next, you wouldn't think we were the same team. Carlo got sacked, and now AVB is in charge and we're not playing better (maybe worse but i think that's down to the new type of football we're trying to play)

When are we going to give a manager more than a season or two?

We need to stop thinking about the 'short term' instead think about the 'long term'.

Also, don't get me started on our defence... i honestly think Luiz has a great future but he needs to stop making stupid mistakes.

AVB Yet again persists with his portuguese cuntmuscles..... is he completely delusional or what? Mereiles has done nothing for us EVER.... Bosingwa is a fucking cancer, Malouda is a waste of space,,,, What is wrong with his selections all the freakin time>>?

And if David Luiz cannot be tought soon, that he is a defender and doesnt need to dribble or act smart while defending, drop him to the youth squad to go learn some basics.

meireles never again. Malouda still has some skill.

Our team

AVB : Bad decision making at the vital times and generally not in control.

cech : still got it

Cahill : will get better

Luiz : not ronaldinho please, just do basic defending

Terry : leader

Ramires : cant shoot, average passing, not strong, too incomplete a player,,,,will never be a finished product.

mereles : the less said, the better,,,,horrible player.worse than torres.

malouda : sweet guy....tries Atleast, but...... hes over.

mata : goood

sturridge : will always play too solo.... got a year left on contract....let him go and get a right sided winger who plays for the team.

drogba : He is simply too old... hes done... leadership only counts for that much, Legend .

Lampard : Graceful exit please!

3-1....lol.... what a useless "team" we have....

Yes. As I have been saying, they are an average side, but for a talented front three. Tonight proved that, and I was also confident because of the loss of their manager.

Oh well, going to go and rape the shit out of some people on COD.

Fuck COD, I'm gonna go on Fifa and do what we should have done after going 1-0 up, rape Napoli.

I dont understand why on earth he would start with Meireles. I also dont understand why on earth he doesn't put Torres in around the 70th minute.

I also dont get people who think we in a million years had a chance of getting away with a clean sheet? If we'd score ONE MORE GOAL we'd have an awesome result. Chelsea just cannot fucking create anything. THAT is a bigger issue than our defensive ones